NES Classic Mini re-releasing 6/29/18 retail $60

U think these will flip for December?
I preordered one in September but don’t really want it anymore lol.

Yeah, it was never about the games or even playing it. It was about having something hard to get in the first place. It’s over

Yeah, this **** is a flop because it clearly shows no effort was put in the games. Guy at Gamestop said they have a bunch. I ain't even gonna go to Best Buy to pick mine up anymore.

The games are fine, the ports are fine. I think people came in thinking it was going to be just like it was before and quickly realized the games are not as good as they remembered them lol. When I play the games on the switch they give you for “free”, kinda, I can’t do it lol. I do for 5-10 mins and stop. SNES games are different. They have aged well for the most part

Last edited:
The games are fine, the ports are fine. I think people came in thinking it was going to be just like it was before and quickly realized the games are not as good as they remembered them lol. When I play the games on the switch they give you for “free”, kinda, I can’t do it lol. I do for 5-10 mins and stop. SNES games are different. They have aged well for the most part

Another similar discussion going on in parallel in the PlayStation thread but it's the 2D games that fair, far better. Those early 3D games were great at the time, but they've evolved so much now that it's hard to overlook how 'rudimentary' and 'basic' they originally were.

Another similar discussion going on in parallel in the PlayStation thread but it's the 2D games that fair, far better. Those early 3D games were great at the time, but they've evolved so much now that it's hard to overlook how 'rudimentary' and 'basic' they originally were.
Very true. Tomb raider is a fond memory but I will NEVER play that again :lol:

2D games were perfected by the time the snes came to be. Mix that with sprites and you’ve got an ageless experience. Early 2d and 3D is unbearable with a huge amount of desensitization

Last edited:

I agree with you.......to an extent.

I still say that a small number Nintendo's first party N64 3D titles still age better in today's age than damn near all of the PS1's 3D titles (first party AND 2nd/3rd party).

Granted if all of the N64's first party 3D titles were all miraculously "remastered" to the modern era like Crash & Spyro were (yeah right....like Nintendo will ever remake Mario 64 for a 3rd time)..........you can probably make this argument for the N64 too (especially considering the 3DS/2DS remastered version of LoZ Ocarina of Time has been recommended more often to newcomers than the OG N64 version)

No Mercy (N64) was way ahead of its time, even in todays day and age

You could do way more in that game back then, than what you can do in current wrestling games

A small reminder, this month is the last time you'll see Nintendo stock/restock these NES Classic minis and SNES Classic minis in-store. They'll be discontinued starting January of next year

Do you have plans for doing another classic console in the future? Do you expect to release any more games on the classic consoles that have already been released?

There’s no ability for add-on content with our classic consoles, so when you purchase the console it’s coming with that set roster of content. We worked very hard, both for the NES Classic and the SNES Classic, to really have the best games that defined that generation. We’ve said that the current systems are the extent of our classic program. We’ve also been clear that, at least from an Americas perspective, these products are going to be available through the holiday season and once they sell out, they’re gone. And that’s it. The way that consumers will be able to continue participating with our classic content is going to be through Nintendo Switch Online, and we just released three new games (Ninja Gaiden, Wario's Woods and Adventures of Lolo) from the NES generation onto that platform. We look at that as the main way that consumers will be able to experience that legacy content.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...sh-bros-classic-console-future-switch-1167948

Not that it matters anyway, I think all of us in this thread that wanted both of these Classic minis.......we've gotten them already in some way

can't imagine playing the ps metal gear or twisted metal.
nHysFiFzH3k9jfV6VCcgb.0.jpg

Ended up returning the ps1 classic. Not a single redeeming factor, Nintendo got both of their classic right IMO

Back
Top Bottom