NES Classic Mini re-releasing 6/29/18 retail $60

Slight unrelated but glad that Nintendo & Sony are owning/releasing their own Mini/Classic joints.

SMH at SEGA for whoring their license and having the horrid AT games release their upcoming Mini/Classic. :smh::smh:

Well as of today's recent news, it appears SEGA announced that they have stopped their partnership with (trash ***) ATGames on making the Genesis minis........AND moved the development to their internal team at SEGA Japan w/ help by proven Japanese devs.

https://nintendowire.com/news/2018/09/19/sega-genesis-mini-delayed-to-2019/

99.99 is not the move for that PS Classic. At that price no one will be buying it.

I agree that $100 is kinda greedy of a pricepoint, but you are getting two controllers, so it's only a little more than folks who copped the NES/SNES mini + extra controller.

But to think these aren't gonna be hot in the streets and not sell out everywhere?

seh6p.gif

Still won’t change that the graphics will be poor. RE looks like crap on PS1. The rendered backgrounds and polygons have not aged well. Neither has Metal Gear. Which is why they’ve been re-released (on GameCube and later).

Then there’s the matter that you can play PS1 games on PS2 and 3. Plus they’re sold on PSP, Vita and PS3.

It’s mainly a novelty item. I won’t say never depending on the package. But $100, only 20 games (which you could buy for the cheap on older platforms) and a wired controller are definitely not positives.

Aren't all these joints novelty items? Emulation via clone devices/Raspberry Pi (for small form factor) has been around for quite some time. Hell you can play almost all the bundled games on these Minis/Classics via virtual store, etc...

If you can't be bothered to hook up your OG devices via some type of up-scaler and you want to have a 'collection' of retro consoles that won't take up too much space and uses HDMI then there's nothing wrong with these.

Can't fault SONY for jumping in on the bandwagon.

Im trying to look for information, the disc tray looks smaller than original one, however is thier a disc tray functionality in this one or is it a faux look.

I hope it has a online portal to download other games if not this will suck imo. Sony pioneered online content for game consoles imo.
the open button swaps virtual discs;

Seems it is a faux look.

I wanna be excited for this upcoming PS Classic, but for whatever reason, I can't. Probably due to a few of the points already mentioned, for one, the polygonal graphic style hasn't aged well, and of course, these games just don't mean as much to me as the NES and SNES classic library does. The price isn't extreme, but I just don't see myself playing this system that much. FF VII, Wild Arms, and Ridge Racer Type 4 are the only games that interest me. Put Final Fantasy Tactics on here though, and I can part ways with $100.

If you can't be bothered to hook up your OG devices via some type of up-scaler and you want to have a 'collection' of retro consoles that won't take up too much space and uses HDMI then there's nothing wrong with these.

Can't fault SONY for jumping in on the bandwagon.
That would be me. I just want a collection of all these retro consoles for quick play so I can store the actual consoles. They would look pretty cool all lined up next to each other

Kinda interesting to have this news release via NINTENDOwire but.....

latest

I was surprised that there’s an annual sega fest

Last edited:
Well as of today's recent news, it appears SEGA announced that they have stopped their partnership with (trash ***) ATGames on making the Genesis minis........AND moved the development to their internal team at SEGA Japan w/ help by proven Japanese devs.

Great news!

Make a Sega Classic Mini with 50 games and great sound quality.

Got the Sega mini from ATGames and it sounds terrible. Not to mention, about 20 made up horrible games are included.

welp. Gotta cop this too

I just want these joints to collect dust at the end of the day :lol:

NES, SNES, PSX, and Genesis will all get a week of burn. But it satisfies my inner child to infinity :pimp:

I agree that $100 is kinda greedy of a pricepoint, but you are getting two controllers, so it's only a little more than folks who copped the NES/SNES mini + extra controller.

But to think these aren't gonna be hot in the streets and not sell out everywhere?

seh6p.gif

SNES classic came with 2 controllers

Back
Top Bottom