NETS OFF-SEASON THREAD - Nets on the hunt for moose and squrriel

Indy lost there starting PG and SG I don't think they'll be as good as last year. OKC will be bad along with Houston, this ain't highschool, teamscan't win off of being "scrappy".

Ouch...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

Indy lost there starting PG and SG I don't think they'll be as good as last year. OKC will be bad along with Houston, this ain't highschool, teams can't win off of being "scrappy".
OKC is certainly better than NJ right now

The Lakers' following is big enough. At first, I thought it was just a bunch of Kobe fans.

When the Lakers played in Jersey earlier in the year, the crowd chanted "Luuuuuke" after Walton hit a shot.

That was really annoying.

I can just imagine the fools who will be shown on TV turning their jerseys inside out when we're down by 20.

Lame.

Brett Yorkman was the individual SHUGES.

They had to get league approval as well.

I will post in october some of my tickets. They are going to have an opposing player on the ticket for that game from what i heard.

Example - VC in a magic jersey for opening night.

So we are what exactly?

And Tony/Roc (I am doing it this way for now on I decided. lol.) Laker games are one of the worst games to go to at the IZOD center. Not because of the gamebut the arena becomes purple and yellow. Celtics, Knicks are probably right after.

no home court at all but we knew that.

I mean the Nets are late anyway with this idea. I think I still have my Reversible Grant Hill jersey somewhere in the attic.

Courtney Lee does not want to be here and TWILL made such a great first impression during the photo shoot.

He not only was rude to photographers but Slam was interviewing the players and he call the reporter over to talk to him and was playing a video game at thetime. (NBA Live 10)

He was asked a bunch of questions but here were the three that he answered that deserved him a punch in the jaw.

SLAM - I was talking to Earl Clark about Jersey and was wondering if you talked to him at all to learn about the area

TWILL- I learn things myself

SLAM - Have you talked to any of the veterans yet for guidance?

TWILL - I do not need Guidance, I learn things myself.

SLAM - have you talked to rick pitino to help with your transition in the NBA.

TWILL - I have talked to him but what would he do to help me at this stage. NOTHING.

I swear, This kid is liked a lot but if this is his attitude towards the game, he is about to have his butt handed to him. I understand he is outspoken butdude, don't be rude.

Indy lost there starting PG and SG I don't think they'll be as good as last year. OKC will be bad along with Houston, this ain't highschool, teams can't win off of being "scrappy".

OKC is more then "scrappy". They have more young talent then the Nets do (not saying the Nets are shabby by any means, but I'll take OKC'syoung core of Westbrook-Harden-Durant-Green over any team that's rebuilding, only one might be Roy-Batum-Aldridge-Oden). And if by scrappy you mean playstough defense then yes I agree with you that Houston is scrappy, but I don't see how that's a bad thing. It's not like all they have is a bunch ofhustle players. Indy lost their starting PG in Jack yes but they still have TJ who had a better year. They also signed Earl Watson who's a good back up inhis own right. And wasn't Daniels their starting SG for most of the year? They still have him and got a defensive upgrade in Jones.

I like the Nets future though
pimp.gif
. They'll probably be better thenall those teams you named except OKC in a year or two if everyone develops right, and of course barring any huge free agents going to Indy (doubtful) andHouston (maybe, only 2010 free agency I've been keeping up with has to do with the Knicks).

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

OKC is more then "scrappy". They have more young talent then the Nets do (not saying the Nets are shabby by any means, but I'll take OKC's young core of Westbrook-Harden-Durant-Green over any team that's rebuilding, only one might be Roy-Batum-Aldridge-Oden). And if by scrappy you mean plays tough defense then yes I agree with you that Houston is scrappy, but I don't see how that's a bad thing. It's not like all they have is a bunch of hustle players. Indy lost their starting PG in Jack yes but they still have TJ who had a better year. They also signed Earl Watson who's a good back up in his own right. And wasn't Daniels their starting SG for most of the year? They still have him and got a defensive upgrade in Jones.

I like the Nets future though
pimp.gif
. They'll probably be better then all those teams you named except OKC in a year or two if everyone develops right, and of course barring any huge free agents going to Indy (doubtful) and Houston (maybe, only 2010 free agency I've been keeping up with has to do with the Knicks).

Outside of Westbrook-Harden-Durant-Green they have NO ONE else. Our young core of players is just as good as OKC and we have a better coach. Everybody talkingabout how OKC is their darkhorse team for the west to slip in they'll probably max out at 25 wins next season. They have no true big man, they have anundersized PF in Green who is much more suited to be a small foward. Behind Durant who do they have, not a single useful body. They have Harden(who I'm ahuge fan of) won't be the baller everybody thinks he will be, he will struggle against the new competition, he can't bully people with his body like hedid at ASU. Then behind Harden who do they have, Sefalosha? Westbrook who is an absolute monster will be burned out without Earl there to relieve him. Durantis my second favorite player behind VC and I hope OKC does well in the future but to say that the Nets who are filled at more spots imo have just a bright afuture as OKC and will have more money to work with in FA then OKC. I'm taking DH, Lee, TWill, Brook before i'm taking WB, Harden, Durant, Green. Greenwill more then likely sign else where when he can.

Here's the rest of the T-Will interview:
After parting ways with Douglas, I sat down and watched some more XBox 360 action. Terrence Williams was holding court on LIVE. Despite being in the midst of a game, Williams said it was cool to talk to him while he played. He was into the game, heavily. Maybe that explains his flippant answers. Maybe not.

SLAM: So what have you been up to since Summer League?
Terrence Williams: Nothing. I've been in Jersey.

SLAM: I was talking to Earl earlier, and I thought something he pointed out was interesting. He's actually from Jersey and you're from the West Coast. Have you asked him for any advice on the area?
TW: Nah, I don't need no advice. I learn stuff on my own.

SLAM: You're not asking any veterans any questions?
TW: No. I'm gonna learn on my own.

SLAM: Ok. Have you talked to Coach Pitino at all since the Draft? Did he have anything to tell you?
TW: Yeah, we talked. But ain't nothing else to talk about. I don't-

SLAM: He didn't have any last minute advice or nothing?
TW: Nah (still playing LIVE 2010). (Pause) Save your money; that's it.

SLAM: Well, that's big. You gonna be living in Jersey or New York?
TW: I live in Edgewater.

SLAM: You gonna be living by yourself or have you brought family with you?
TW: I stay with my best friend and my girl.

SLAM: Are you trying to prepare for the 82-game grind?
TW: You can't. How can I answer that?

SLAM: Aright, man. Thanks.
TW: (Still staring at the video game.)

http://www.slamonline.com...009/08/any-given-sunday/

NBA Live sucks. He couldn't be caught up in the game that much.
smh.gif

^ True. I doubt he even played it. Nice xi's though.

And as a life-long NJ resident and as a NJ Nets fan the jersey thing upsets me.
smh.gif

Opposing players on tickets now?
indifferent.gif
As if it wasn't badenough having those reversable jerseys, now most fans in the arena have no choice but to have an opposing player on their game ticket.
eyes.gif
Keep someloyality to the fans here. I don't care how bad this team is this year, how few games we win, how much we struggle, I still want to represent the playersin a Nets uni, not another team.

laugh.gif
at TWill though... He sounded real concentrated on that game. As a rookie, you're going to need advice from vets, no matter how good you are. Hopethe attitude doesn't stick with him the whole season.

I'll give him a pass this time though just because of those XI's.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Courtney Lee has also been MIA since the press conference.
nerd.gif
Dwight says he's "still hurting".
He'll be wearing #6 this season.

I guess they didn't want people to think that the Kobe Jersey has a retro Steph jersey on the back.............

I hear you JB 23. It is bad enough to deal with being a laugh at others here on this board for being Nets fans but then the team does this. How can you faultanyone not to poke fun?

Angers me to no end.

T-Will talked about the SLAM article on Twitter:
i want to talk about a slam article that was put out that made me seem like a jerk i just want to say i was in a video game tourny an wanted

to win so thats honestly why my answers come off like that but its no disrespect to the writer, but i wasnt aware of the interview so i

apologize to my fans that thought of me as a "jerk" lol god bless
about 15 hours ago from web

Will I still be able to buy tickets in early december? I just left Jersey today to come back to Vegas but I'm going back to Jersey for christmas break andI want to buy some seats that are very close. Just not sure if they'll be available, any help?

Way to go T-Will....

New York Knicks player Nate Robinson came up short tonight in The Bronx, where cops have busted the pint-size slam-dunk expert for driving without a license, The Post has learned.

The arrest was the latest in a long list of motor-vehicle-related troubles for Robinson and could imperil the restricted free agent guard's efforts to sign a new contract with the Knicks, who already were only mildly interested in re-signing him for just a one-year deal.

Robinson -- whose license was suspended in June for the fifth time -- was driving a vehicle that also was carrying newly drafted New Jersey Nets player Terrence Williams when cops stopped him in The Bronx in the late afternoon.

Robinson, 25, soon announced via a Twitter posting that, "Cops pulled me over cuz my windows were 2 dark (but my windows were down) lol how funny is that."

Williams posted his own tweet: "being pulled over is so funnnnny now I got to go get him mannnnnnnnn

Robinson followed up with another Twitter posting: "Iam still pulled over and its been 35 min they have me sit in my truck like I dnt have s#*+2 do lol."

At 6 p.m., Robinson was arrested and charged with unlicensed operator of a motor vehicle, and taken into custody by cops. He currently is being booked at the 52nd Precinct.

Robinson's Twitter postings soon after were taken down. Williams also deleted his posts.

"To All My Tweeps: I was irresponsible earlier when I tweeted about being pulled over," Robinson wrote afterwards. "I thought it was for tinted windows but turns out I had an unpaid ticket and I wasn't aware the ticket had been mailed to my Seattle address ... I apologize to the Knicks, my family and fans."

Despite being one of the NBA's shortest players, the five-foot, 7 ½-inch guard Robinson - whose nickname is "Krypto-Nate" -- has twice won the league's slam-dunk competition.

For his first crown, during the 2005-2006 season, he leaped over 1986 champion Spud Webb to dunk the ball.

The Seattle native won this year's contest while dressed in green sneakers and a green Knicks jersey representing "Kryptonite" to counter fellow competitor Dwight Howard's Superman theme by jumping over the 7-foot Orlando Magic star for the slam.

The high-energy fan-favorite - who has a vertical leap of 43.5 inches -- is currently trying to work out a new contract to stay with the Knicks. Robinson has been a popular member of the team since joining the team in 2005, averaging 17.2 points-per game last year and 12.2 for his career.

However, Knicks management has long been concerned about Robinson's on-court temperment. Robinson each season has been among the NBA's league leaders in technical fouls.

Department of Motor Vehicle records show that Robinson's performance behind the wheel has been just as bad, if not worse.

In September 2006, Robinson was cited for disobeying a traffic signal in White Plains, NY. After failing to pay the fine, his license was suspended in April 2007, but reinstated a day later when he forked over the $75 fine.

In December 2007, he was ticketed for failing to signal on a Manhattan street, and fined $40.

Within a four-month span in early 2008, Robinson was twice cited for speeding in White Plains, and once for driving without his seat belt on in the same city. The fines in those cases totaled $425.

This past January, in The Bronx, Robinson was ticketed for driving without his seat belt on, and for driving while talking on a cell phone. He was fined a total of $80.

Records show that his license was suspended a whopping four times since June 2008 for failing to pay ticket fines or answer summons, including the most recent suspension, which was issued this past June 23.

A Knicks spokesman said, "We are aware of the situation. We are still getting details, and will discuss it with him directly."

Robinson's agents had no immediate comment.

I actually saw both of their updates on Twitter earlier.

laugh.gif
@ T-Will deleting his.

This is from Nate's Twitter:
I thought it was for tinted windows but turns out I had an unpaid ticket and I wasn't aware the ticket had been mailed to my Seattle addressabout 4 hours ago from web
the media is try n 2kill my name and my image, but its cool only GOD can judge me now, they are make n it seem iam a head case not coolabout 2 hours ago from web
roll.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Courtney Lee On Mission to Make Magic Regret Trading Him[/h1]

BRADENTON, Fla. -- Courtney Lee knows it won't happen in just one season - he won't make New Jersey forget Vince Carter -- but he wants to make the Orlando Magic regret the day they traded him.

"I'm going to be a man on a mission,'' Lee said Thursday afternoon after a training session at the IMG Academy. "I just hope they'll be happy for me when I grow into the player that they wish they had. I'd like them to one day say 'I wish we would have kept him.'''http://

Lee, who had a surprisingly-strong rookie season, was stunned to become a major part of the deal this summer that brought Carter to Orlando, while the Nets started to rebuild around younger players, hoping to put him in the starting backcourt alongside Devon Harris.

The Magic got a proven All-Star guard to play with center and centerpiece Dwight Howard. The Nets got a potentially-explosive player who has All-Star aspirations.

"I'd like to be Dwight Howard's teammate again -- in the All-Star game,'' Lee said. "They [Magic] have a history of trading good players [Ben Wallace, Tracy McGrady, Corey Maggette, Mike Miller] who did well afterward. I hope that's me. My goal will be to go out and dominate every game, but especially those games [when I play the Magic]. I'll be jacked up for sure.''

As a rookie in Orlando, Lee often was motivated by all the teams that passed up the chance to draft him before the Magic did with the 22nd pick in 2008, especially the teams that took players who didn't play as well as he did. He became a rarity as starter on a team that reached the NBA Finals last season. In his 42 regular season starts, he averaged 10.1 points, 2.9 rebounds and 1 steal in 29.7 minutes. He often was assigned to guard the opponent's leading scorer.

"The trade shocked me. After the Finals, Dwight and I were talking about things we had to do to get back and win a championship together. He joked about us being the next Shaq and Penny [Hardaway] with the Magic,'' he said. "I know it's a business, and trades happen, but it's not something you forget, even when you look forward like I am.''

Lee's mission has included a rigorous offseason of workouts. He has spent this week with a handful of young NBA players in a routine that includes three training sessions per day at IMG with renowned coach David Thorpe. He will leave for New Jersey this weekend to begin workouts with Nets teammates.

"I'll take what I learned in Orlando and put it to use in New Jersey. It's a great opportunity for me,'' he said. "It's more of an opportunity to be one of the go-to guys, to really showcase my full talents. New Jersey has a good young team, and I'm going to be a big part of it.''
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2...agic-regret-trading-him/

Dwight was the one who said Courtney was "hurting," anyway, not Courtney himself.

Even if he was, he seems to be over it.

Lee will probably be a good fit.

But like I said before, there are way too many guys who need the rock on this team.

Devin, Brook, Lee, Yi, CDR.... T-Will is probably the most versatile guy in terms of bringing other things to the table besides scoring. And he's just arookie.

Always need "glue" guys like Najera on teams like this.

Cuz I can see these guys having a hard time meshing together.

I agree SHUGES.

That is why I am not going to be surprised if Eddie Najera is in the rotation to start the season over Boone or Sean.

As Long though as Eddie stops taking threes and hustles like he is known for, he will be a good bench guy for this team.

Courtney Lee is/was in Jersey and talked to reporters. (I think it was different than your article ROC)

He seems likes the Nets brass got to him finally and Courtney needs to know he can make this a good situation. Yeah, you play in front of five nets fans (andtwo of them are on this board as ticket holders. lol.)
but you can make it so that the team is something and bring those fans to the seats.

Should be interesting with YI coming back looking like he took all the steroids MLB shipped off.

Back
Top Bottom