Never Understood Why This Album Got So Much Hate On NT... (Vol. HKL > AG)

Is "appreciating" old albums and giving a short review of each track the new trend in the Music forum? Ok.

how can you hate on vol.2
nerd.gif

It's an okay album, towards the bottom half for me when it comes to Jay's albums

Favorite Song- A Week Ago

This is the album that made me a Jay Z fan. Made me go back & buy RD, SIW & Vol 1. So it will always be a personal fave of mine. BP,RD,TBA,AG,HKLV2

nahhh Harlem I feel like u reaching with this one...HKL>AG...nahhh....and thats a big nahhhh

VOL.3 is better to me for starters and thats the album that made me a Jay fan and made me go back and buy all his albums, I was getting caught in the hype ofvol 2...he had hits but the songs that wasnt singles werent that tight

AG is a lock for his top 4 albums and in my personal opinion it can give The Blueprint and Black Album a run for their money on any given day

I dont see how ppl can front on AG like it is not a classic album, i know the word gets thrown around a lot but that album is the real deal

This !!+% is trash. I'll give you reservoir dogs, best song on the album, and HKL if i'm in a super cheery mood, the rest you can miss me with. This,Vol 3 which was hit or miss had some joints on there that I will forever rock with tho, and the Dynasty were all mediocre as hell. I'ma leave Blueprintalone this time because compared to the previous 3 I understand why everybody drank the Kool Aide.

Realistically, if you put sales aside which you should when judging albums, he had 3 straight
ohwell.gif
's

Nah champ, AG>HKL anyday of the week twice on Sunday and it's not even close.. I like HKL, although I would put it near the bottom of Jay'scatalog. This album did alot for Jay's career but doesn't really compliment him as of one of the greatest of all-time per say. My favorite line fromthis album............"It seems, I'm like Keenan, pickin up on The Vibe"
pimp.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

YouTube_-_Ken_Scalirs_First_Appearance_on_the_Keenan_Ivory_Wayans_Show_-_Mozilla_Firefox_1122009_55552_PM.jpg

vibeshowclip.jpg

Man, you kill me appreciating Jay one day and hating hard the next
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
damn. Now we got dudes sayin' that Volume 2 > BP3.

BP3 hate is at an all-time high.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

10 years from now it'll be BP3 > over whatever Jay puts out next

Vol 2 without a doubt is better than Blueprint 3

However, while Vol 2 holds a special place in my heart and people of my age's hearts, it is a dated sounding album as a whole. It doesn't hold up aswell as albums like AG and TBA for example. That being said (Curb!), Vol 2 has held up alot better than I think BP3 will

Its easy to say right now that BP3 over time will get better, but I don't see it. VERY average album overall on par with BP2 as it's good for themoment, but no everlasting appeal

Originally Posted by marath0n

Is "appreciating" old albums and giving a short review of each track the new trend in the Music forum? Ok.
Yeah... It almost as big as the trend of offering WORTHLESS insight
tired.gif

damn. Now we got dudes sayin' that Volume 2 > BP3.

Without a doubt...
VOL.3 is better to me for starters and thats the album that made me a Jay fan and made me go back and buy all his albums, I was getting caught in the hype of vol 2...he had hits but the songs that wasnt singles werent that tight
Volume 3 SUCKS...
I dont see how ppl can front on AG like it is not a classic album, i know the word gets thrown around a lot but that album is the real deal
AG is nowhere near a classic... Get REAL. Thats another one of those ratrded opinions thats ONLY shared on NT...I've never heard ANYone in REAL life give that album such a level of praise... Its SOLID... Of course itgets overrated becaause it was released AFTER KC & BEFORE BP3,so that makes it sound A LOT better than it truly is... Where as Vol.2 was released after RD & Vol 1...

This !!+% is trash. I'll give you reservoir dogs, best song on the album, and HKL if i'm in a super cheery mood, the rest you can miss me with.
So you're saying
A Week Ago
Coming Of Age II
Paper Chase
Its Like That
Its Alright
Are NOT good songs??

This, Vol 3 which was hit or miss had some joints on there that I will forever rock with tho, and the Dynasty were all mediocre as hell. I'ma leave Blueprint alone this time because compared to the previous 3 I understand why everybody drank the Kool Aide.

Realistically, if you put sales aside which you should when judging albums, he had 3 straight
ohwell.gif
's
Vol 3 SUCKS... I don't care for Dynasty either... So we do agree there. But HKL is a GOOD album...

10 years from now it'll be BP3 > over whatever Jay puts out next

Well obviously if you listened to BP3 you KNOW he's not getting ANY better... So that may be the case... But thatdoesn't make BP3 a GOOD/GREAT album by ANY stretch...

In closing... Its kind of funny to see these kids talkin about THIS is the album that got me onto Jay Z...
smh.gif
... Then those be theSAME ones calling him the GOAT...
tired.gif

A Week Ago is one of my favorite Jay songs.

Too many features on the album and a lot of ehh songs though.

Vol. 2 is very solid and like ninjahood said, that album that put him in comfortable spot (5x Platinum)

I personally like Vol. 1 more but it coulda been A LOT better if he wasn't chasin hits (Sunshine, I Know What Girls Like)

Vol. 3 was too inconsistent, I think he was tryin to make records for different regions. sidebar: I LOVE "Girls Best Friend"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

AG is a lock for his top 4 albums and in my personal opinion it can give The Blueprint and Black Album a run for their money on any given day

what?
alien.gif

AG is nowhere near a classic album.

It is nowhere near Blueprint or Black Album

BP3 better than Vol 2? What?
tired.gif

This album is average at best. Hard Knock Life and Jigga What, Jigga Who are bangers and the rest of the tracks are pretty skippable. This album does not holdthe test of time well.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

This !!+% is trash. I'll give you reservoir dogs, best song on the album, and HKL if i'm in a super cheery mood, the rest you can miss me with.
So you're saying
A Week Ago
Coming Of Age II
Paper Chase
Its Like That
Its Alright
Are NOT good songs??

This, Vol 3 which was hit or miss had some joints on there that I will forever rock with tho, and the Dynasty were all mediocre as hell. I'ma leave Blueprint alone this time because compared to the previous 3 I understand why everybody drank the Kool Aide.

ohwell.gif
's
Vol 3 SUCKS... I don't care for Dynasty either... So we do agree there. But HKL is a GOOD album...

As I reflect back I'll give you A Week Ago, maybe It's Alright since I just ate some good chicken parm and I'm feeling generious... Thats it... therest of that list/album you can miss me with.

As far as Vol 3 sucking...

Hova Song Intro
So Ghetto
Put Ya Hands Up
Dopeman
Things That You Do (gets a lot of hate which is odd considering everyone LOOOOOOVES HKL single go figure)
Theres Been A Murder
Come and Get Me
Nymp
Hova Song Outro...

I'm taking those 9 over anything you put together on that tomato can Vol. 2

The Only Reason People Hate On This Album Is Because It Was On Top Of The Charts Forever and Jay-Z went from being a Dope Rapper To A Superstar Rapper Off ofthis album. I've noticed on NT that whoever is selling records will get hated on Real Quick

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

So you're saying
A Week Ago
Coming Of Age II
Paper Chase
Its Like That
Its Alright
Are NOT good songs??

ohwell.gif
's

As I reflect back I'll give you A Week Ago, maybe It's Alright since I just ate some good chicken parm and I'm feeling generious... Thats it... the rest of that list/album you can miss me with.

As far as Vol 3 sucking...

Hova Song Intro
So Ghetto
Put Ya Hands Up
Dopeman
Things That You Do (gets a lot of hate which is odd considering everyone LOOOOOOVES HKL single go figure) 100% Garbage
Theres Been A Murder
Come and Get Me
Nymp
Hova Song Outro...

I'm taking those 9 over anything you put together on that tomato can Vol. 2

All those joints are AVERAGE...

Outside of KC, Vol 3 gets the LEAST amount of listens from me...

I won't even entertain the thought of that album being decent...

It was a commercial success but as much as I love Jay's work this album wasn't one of my fav's, the blueprint 3 however IMO one of his top 4

So those joints I were average but the tracks you named were good????
roll.gif
Yea Ok.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ you not even entertaining the lp being decent too... you silly G

Originally Posted by Pat10leather

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

what?
alien.gif

AG is nowhere near a classic album.

It is nowhere near Blueprint or Black Album

BP3 better than Vol 2? What?
tired.gif

Tell me why AG is not a classic...what makes the album fall short of being a classic, where did the producers go wrong and of course where did the artist gowrong on this project?

u will prolly say "Hello BK" but the song is pretty much the equavalient of "Aint No N" off Reasonable Doubt...u either like it or udont....

same with Blueprint and Black Album...they both had one song that could go either way...BP1 "Jigga my N'" and Black Album "ChangeClothes" or "Justify my Thug"

BP1 is a classic album but show me where on AG Jay was just flat out lazy on his lyrics...and if you consider Black Album a classic I dont see how u wouldntthe same as AG...this guy either has 1 Classic album or he has 4...I say four cuz the last 3 are hard for me to chose one over the other

Harlem:
Vol. 3 Notables:
Hova Song Intro
So Ghetto
Dope Man
Things That you do
Watch Me
Theres Been a Murder
Come and Get me
Hova Song Outro

are as a whole better than the songs that werent made singles off of Vol 2....u only have two GREAT songs left after the singles from Vol 2..."ReservoirDogs" and "Coming of Age pt 2"...possibly "If I should die"....but u compare any of the rest of those Vol 3 is killin Vol 2 in myopinion

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

So those joints I were average but the tracks you named were good????
roll.gif
Yea Ok.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ you not even entertaining the lp being decent too... you silly G
laugh.gif
... YES

Coming Of Age II
Its Like That
Paper Chase
Are better than 95% of Vol 3...

Vol. 3 is just not one of those albums that grabs you... I mean its bad on almost all standards. Bad for a Jay Z album... & Bad for an overall S.H.I.T. Hopalbum

Tell me why AG is not a classic...what makes the album fall short of being a classic, where did the producers go wrong and of course where did the artist go wrong on this project?
Where do I start?? IMO for an album to be a classic, it has to have ATLEAST 4-6 tracks that stand out individually as a masterpiece/classictrack...

AG has none of that... Sure the MAJORITY of the songs are 3.5-4.5 region, but theres no PERFECT song on that album IMO... Hehas some GARBAGE albums that atleast have songs that stand out individually... AG is just a collection of SOLID tracks, topass that off as a classic is a diservice to REAL classics, and its BOLD FACE LIE...

this guy either has 1 Classic album or he has 4
Jay has 2 classics...
Reasonable Doubt
Blueprint

Back
Top Bottom