Non-durable like the recent boxes of
3 and 4 retros. If u want to stack them,
They just dont hold up much compared
To tge older boxes. My favorite jordan brand
Box is still the silver one with the small
red jumpman in the center which were used
From late 1997 to late 1999. I think the
XV black/reds were the first one with
the silver/black box with MJs face on it.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

The box with Jordan's face was my personal favorite. 

pimp.gif

also loved the jordan boxes that the all patent leather 1's came with

the new boxes are okay i guess.

personally I love the love new box compared to the old one. There are less random colors and a sleeker overall design imo

The best joint imo was the Nike joint the XII's came in and the silver box with the red jumpman on it. 
Should have never switched from it the silver joint...  

With as much as sneakers are going for nowadays, they should all come with real wooden shoe tree's and shoe bags as well as sturdy boxes to stack...

$180 for some kicks that cost a fraction of that price? Hook a *%%#@ up JB/Nike 

If I were to make a Jordan box, I'd make one with the same durability as the Jordan face boxes and use the design of the last box.  The newest box is just plain imo.  The best box ever has to be the first DMPs.  The gold box was just so sweet......

3360744031_dd313f0848.jpg

I mean, you guys have to remember that everyone and everything is trying to go green now, so it's understandable that they'd use less material on their boxes.

Originally Posted by Gordonson

I mean, you guys have to remember that everyone and everything is trying to go green now, so it's understandable that they'd use less material on their boxes.

That's a good point. When you put it that way it is probably better that there's less material.

Originally Posted by jamazing

That's a good point. When you put it that way it is probably better that there's less material.
Guess the same thing applies to the quality of material used on retros nowadays; plastic eyelets, paper-thin leather, and minimal foam padding.

Originally Posted by ryansoxfan

I like the lock tabs but yeah I wish it was sturdier.

My sentiments exactly...and the black on the box rubs off way too easy with any nicks....

Originally Posted by stevedensmore

Guess the same thing applies to the quality of material used on retros nowadays; plastic eyelets, paper-thin leather, and minimal foam padding.

laugh.gif
 But on the real the Old box was the Best. Thing was Durable. I just got a new pair and the box fell. Now it looks terrible.. 

new box plus keychain with fancy paper = price hike. I personally would go back to the cheapest box if the shoe price goes down

Originally Posted by stevedensmore

Not sure if you were being sarcastic, but if you were; save that fam. Not really the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom