**NEW** Common - Stay Schemin' (Drake Diss)

Originally Posted by FromAZwithLOVE

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

The thing that irks me the most is this dude saying %*%* like "I hope when you see me you speak, N!&&A!" and "WE can't wait until WE run into you", like he's really going to do something. And who is WE Audrey? This dude is probably gonna try and drag YMCMB into it and hide behind them.
I take it you never seen the Headlines video, he gon goons that'll take Common's head off..

laugh.gif
common played him with his own line talkin bout he catchin bodies
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
 @ these clowns arguing over a hermaphrodite.
Go back to making straight to DVD romantic movies with lesbians. 

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

I respect what Birdman had to say, but at the same time, this is hip hop, not R&B. Battling is at the core of the art... the music. I wanna see this kept peaceful but I also want to hear what an old head that represents an era that produced the best rap ever and a young cat that is at the front of this new movement have to say about one another in the booth.

I'm interested in hearing if Drake can hold his own and come out of this with more respect from people like me or if Common is going to rip his head off and show that this new generation isn't built like dudes from Common's era.

I just want to hear some good music come out of this. Not like this "beef" is going to turn ugly in the streets or something. Let those dudes cook.
Thank you. People are losing sight that battling is basically the very beginning of rap/hip hop, and if you can't do one of the very fundamentals of rap, don't walk around 
feeling yourself regardless of the money and success, nor tweeting any excuses about it.

This.  Hip hop's essence and origin has been credited to reducing inner-city gang violence by replacing physical violence with hip hop freestyle battles, dance, and artwork. It is at the core of it. If Aubrey Graham, as he sees himself as a hip hop artist, defines himself to be fan of it and that it embodies him, he would embrace the hip hop disses. 
People are also missing Common's point. It is about something deeper and with "Sweet" he was calling out the current state of Hip Hop. He is a conscious rapper. Afterllm Common came out with "I Used to Love H.E.R.", one of the best Hip Hop songs EVER made. He makes an analogy comparing the degradation of a woman with the deterioration of hip hop music after its commercial success was forced into the mainstream.  It spearheaded the infamous rap battle between him and Ice Cube and the West Coast hip hop scene. 
What Common did with "Sweet" is no different. Obviously the song is not as deep and metaphorical as "I Used to Love H.E.R." He just spoke out about what he sees is the fluff, sugar-coated,pop-!+# degradation of hip hop through Drake et al.  Drake can let it go or show if he is built for the true grit of hip hop. 
QFT

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Please summarize this thread, altruistic NTers. TIA.

Common stans - "Drake sucks," "He's diluting hip-hop," "If you listen to him then you're soft just like Drake," "Drake shouldn't have taken offense to Sweet if he didn't want to battle," and "Common is about to end Drake's career."

Drake stans - "Common is bitter," "He's trying to get at Drake over Serena," "He's just trying to create buzz for his album," "Don't underestimate Drake," and "The diss sucks."

That's pretty much what this thread is
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Drake is beyond this.

Ignore common, keep it moving and making money

No - Drake isn't beyond a damn thing, and if he is - he certainly isn't beyond the career of Common...
...and there is no ignore and keep making money when you yap "I never hear the disses they try to point out to me, but it's whatever if somebody want to make it a thing."

His name has been called out in the cafeteria and it's time to fight after school...

...bottom %!*$$@' line.

Originally Posted by Prada G

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
 @ these clowns arguing over a hermaphrodite.
Go back to making straight to DVD romantic movies with lesbians. 

I know this is irrelevant, but I don't think that movie went straight to dvd.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Drake is beyond this.

No - Drake isn't beyond a damn thing, and if he is - he certainly isn't beyond the career of Common...
...and there is no ignore and keep making money when you yap "I never hear the disses they try to point out to me, but it's whatever if somebody want to make it a thing."

His name has been called out in the cafeteria and it's time to fight after school...

...bottom %!*$$@' line.

This... Had he not said anything about people failing to actually call him out in their disses along with those bars in Stay Schemin about him saying something when he sees him then he'd be able to continue right along the path he was on.paying this no mind.  But even still it would be kinda ehhhh being the fact he was singled out and his name was dropped specificially.

Drake is beyond this.

Its too late for all of that... If he didn't throw down that verse in Stay Schemin' than maaaybe he could get away with this (Only because of - Diss me & you'll never hear a reply for it) But as far as him being beyond it in terms of music, he's getting called out by an OG. This is someone who's got a deep catalog in the game. Drake might be doing it now... But Commons been holding it down for years.

Honestly, I think its good that someone is calling Drake out... Its time to see what some of these new artists are made of. & since he responded back to Sweet not only in little jabs after shows & on Twitter & now on this Ross track, he's in too deep to back out... He's gotta hold his own now.
I'm interested in hearing if Drake can hold his own and come out of this with more respect from people like me or if Common is going to rip his head off and show that this new generation isn't built like dudes from Common's era.

I just want to hear some good music come out of this. Not like this "beef" is going to turn ugly in the streets or something. Let those dudes cook.
This.

theres A LOT of clowns in this post that are focusing on the politics and bull5h!T surrounding this issue.

wgaf about record sales?
wgaf about the chick that it may or may not be over?
wgaf about fanbases and their age ranges?
and wgaf about what record labels/camps they rep?

lets focus on what matters. the lyrical aspect...

with that being said...

com sense is gonna come out on top. FACT...

Common 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

He went IN!!!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at "acting all hard, when you hardly like that/you gon make me mess around and catch a body like that."  I think EVERYBODY had a problem with that cornball Drake saying that line knowing damn well his background.  LOVE how Common mocked him with his own verse.

Originally Posted by Antidope
I REALLY WISH Birdman and the rest of that roster would jump in on this beef and get their %*### handed to them.
I would really want Com to just go cut throat on these dudes. 
pimp.gif

-Drew

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Drake is beyond this.

Its too late for all of that... If he didn't throw down that verse in Stay Schemin' than maaaybe he could get away with this (Only because of - Diss me & you'll never hear a reply for it) But as far as him being beyond it in terms of music, he's getting called out by an OG. This is someone who's got a deep catalog in the game. Drake might be doing it now... But Commons been holding it down for years.

Honestly, I think its good that someone is calling Drake out... Its time to see what some of these new artists are made of. & since he responded back to Sweet not only in little jabs after shows & on Twitter & now on this Ross track, he's in too deep to back out... He's gotta hold his own now.

This.

Those.
That's what it really all comes down to, the actual rapping/music. Can Drake put something good together to come back at him? If he does, can Common flip it back at him

for the close or whatnot? I really would like to know what a lot of these new artists can also do, see if they have some backbone instead of having that lame "At least I'm 

gettin money" mentality. This popped up in another thread awhile back, but anybody saying "battling is dated" is completely wrong. Beefing is dated.

Originally Posted by robxdrew

Originally Posted by Antidope
I REALLY WISH Birdman and the rest of that roster would jump in on this beef and get their %*### handed to them.
I would really want Com to just go cut throat on these dudes.�
pimp.gif

-Drew
I really hope this doesn't happen.

Drake is beyond this.

He can't ignore this, someone on record said you're not black enough and disrespected your father. You can't turn the cheek, ignoring "Sweet" is fine but ignoring this will make him look softer than he already looks. 

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Kanye goes at Wiz, and it's all good....part of the "game." Common goes at Drake over Serena and he's some old, bitter, sucker...
im glad you brought that up too.....but to be fair, some cats weren't rockin that kanye was throwin jabs cuz homie scooped up his left overs...
Poor analogy because Kanye was still relevant when he made the pass at Wiz. Common has been a non-factor in the rap industry for ages already and is trying to use Drake to get a buzz. Let's be real: Common hadn't had a single minute of radio air play in the last ten years in my city until he dissed Drake.

Originally Posted by RealRubirosa

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Kanye goes at Wiz, and it's all good....part of the "game." Common goes at Drake over Serena and he's some old, bitter, sucker...
im glad you brought that up too.....but to be fair, some cats weren't rockin that kanye was throwin jabs cuz homie scooped up his left overs...
Poor analogy because Kanye was still relevant when he made the pass at Wiz. Common has been a non-factor in the rap industry for ages already and is trying to use Drake to get a buzz. Let's be real: Common hadn't had a single minute of radio air play in the last ten years in my city until he dissed Drake.
laugh.gif
 you dudes is comedians yo, I swear. I don't even know or care where you live and I know you're full of it.

Fandom/allegiances aside...

Do ya'll really think Drake can't bring the heat?

I mean dude has diss records under his belt...and he wasn't a fraction as famous as he is now.

Common...well everyone knows the story there.

For the sake of discussion, I really don't think spectators are weighing the two contenders as equally as they should be...

I won't say Common is overrated (because I don't think he is), but I will say that Drake is definitely the underrated underdog here.

Drake is talented lyrically, no one is denying that. But battling is more than lyrics. It's you cadence, your aggression, your style, everything counts. Drake could put out a lyrically dope dis but if he sounds like he did on stay scheming he's lost before the battle even starts. That's what Nas had in spades. Ether was lyrically nothing special but his cadence and aggression won people over. No one ever heard Nas like that before. No one has ever heard Drake like that. And I doubt we ever will. He's not built for battle. You gotta put bass in your voice and venom in your words.

Back
Top Bottom