**NEW** Common - Stay Schemin' (Drake Diss)

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Verse was wack, Sorry... Y'all hyping it up because its Common.

And I'm from Chicago and I like Common... I know Common can come harder than that

i have to agree. although it was very entertaining...i know common can do way better...it didn't completely suck though.

Marketing ploy. I don't care how long Common has been in the game he still has an album to sell.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

I was really hoping that Common got at him "for the sake hip-hop", but then even Questlove said it was about Serena.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

When and where?
okp

If I was Drake

I wouldnt even reply.......just let Common get his publicity stunt on

Im so sick of rappers who not selling pulling stunts just to sell
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

Hopefully Drake recognizes he needs to respond... *I can hear T-Minus cooking up that beat right now*
For Drake to sing over.

pimp.gif

Good way to start of the week...

I feel like common is playing with him tho...

He don't believe drake can come back with a worthy or even threatening verse...

We'll see... 

I think ya'll missing what Common doing here. He still lining Drake up with the jab. Common is smart and he been there before. If he comes out with a full dis record now Drake gets the last word. Instead he just peppers him with the jab to where now Drake is forced to put at a record completely going at Common. To which Common can respond with a heavy-handed retort a la ether to close the show. Common knows what he doing. If you notice Common hasn't touched on DeGrassi, the gay hand movements, the weird sense of style, Rihanna or anything yet. He gonna wait for Drake to go all in before he does.

As for this dis, light work but enjoyable. The Canada Dry lines and Destiny's Child sample are
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

That Canada Dry line was delivered quite poorly. Sounded like some !+%$ from Freestyle Friday.

Diss was OK though.

He left the door open for Drake to snap and end it though.
Everything you said.

The line would have came off better if he worded it like he wasn't on Wild'N Out.

It's up to Drake to step up and take that leap.

Because it's so blatant at this point that even the teeny boppers are following, he'll drop his diss track and live/die with it. I don't see him doing the back and forth. The risk/reward doesn't benefit him. So Comm will have the last word.

Drake is not Joe Budden.

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

If I was Drake

I wouldnt even reply.......just let Common get his publicity stunt on

Im so sick of rappers who not selling pulling stunts just to sell
30t6p3b.gif
No, he can't do that %*@@ no more. If he can talk about him at concerts and drop that verse on Stay Schemin'...he can't turn the other cheek now. Too many people watching at this point.
Originally Posted by RavageBX

I think ya'll missing what Common doing here. He still lining Drake up with the jab. Common is smart and he been there before. If he comes out with a full dis record now Drake gets the last word. Instead he just peppers him with the jab to where now Drake is forced to put at a record completely going at Common. To which Common can respond with a heavy-handed retort a la ether to close the show. Common knows what he doing. If you notice Common hasn't touched on DeGrassi, the gay hand movements, the weird sense of style, Rihanna or anything yet. He gonna wait for Drake to go all in before he does.
I peeped game...That's exactly what it is. Hence why I'm saying Drake's next will be his last and Comm will close it out, good or bad.

Common has what, 9 albums under his belt since the early 90's? (not to mention a couple movies too) Why would this be a publicity stunt for record sales? He makes music for the hip hop fans. Common has had BARS since before a lot of Drake-heads were conceived. I bought The Dreamer, The Believer album. It's dope. There's no reason to pull a stunt to boost this album's sales because those who know hip hop know Common, and Common's fans will cop his album.

Originally Posted by AMdoctor

one person "hints" that it maybe about serena and now everybody believes this dude seriously??

you call it a "soft" beef but as soon as someone starts to fight than its "they took it too far" just sit back and enjoy it

i want to see a G.O.O.D. music vs YMCMB..... Pusha Ye Big Sean and Common>>>>>>>>>>>>
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
And here we go with the GOOD MUSIC VS YMCMB VS G UNIT VS ROCAFELLA VS DEF JAM VS INTERSCOPE super friends alliance hip hop beef talk

Originally Posted by joeykadesh

i want to see a G.O.O.D. music vs YMCMB..... Pusha Ye Big Sean and Common>>>>>>>>>>>>
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
And here we go with the GOOD MUSIC VS YMCMB VS G UNIT VS ROCAFELLA VS DEF JAM VS INTERSCOPE super friends alliance hip hop beef talk
I forgot we always have those in these threads.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

haha hey im just saying might aswell do it IMO

its 10x more entertaining than watching drake just get slaughtered by common atleast with wayne and ye it could possibly be a battle

hey maybe even tyga could join haha joking

Originally Posted by joeykadesh

one person "hints" that it maybe about serena and now everybody believes this dude seriously??

you call it a "soft" beef but as soon as someone starts to fight than its "they took it too far" just sit back and enjoy it

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

*$%$#% in this forum remind me of how we used to act as kids with the WWF and WCW at school the next day after they aired.
*$%$#% take this RAP $%#% way too serious 
laugh.gif

haha hey im just saying might aswell do it IMO

its 10x more entertaining than watching drake just get slaughtered by common atleast with wayne and ye it could possibly be a battle

hey maybe even tyga could join haha joking
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That recent thread (around WTT/C4) was full of lulz

Originally Posted by aaronj

Common has what, 9 albums under his belt since the early 90's? (not to mention a couple movies too) Why would this be a publicity stunt for record sales? He makes music for the hip hop fans. Common has had BARS since before a lot of Drake-heads were conceived. I bought The Dreamer, The Believer album. It's dope. There's no reason to pull a stunt to boost this album's sales because those who know hip hop know Common, and Common's fans will cop his album.

An album still has to sell. If it doesnt sell, you (the artist) gets put on the backburner of the label and they wont see the light of day. Look at bow wow. I liked Dreamer, but its clearly a ploy to create buzz. This all started (interviews) a little bit before his album was gonna drop. Its dumb how I cant defend drake without being a die hard fan. I like both, but Common was weak on that diss.
Also, side note. Common makes a track about people being sweet, when he has Kanye ( sweetest person of all time, and Im a fan) and Cudi ( dont know if hes still on G.O.O.D) he doesnt even try to target.

I feel confident we aren't gonna see those WWF Royal Rumble scenarios anymore... Alot of the "foot soldiers" from past beefs have spoken out about it and they all say it wasn't even worth it beefing with someone because the "boss" said they should

Drake isn't ending nobody's career
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If Drake tries to come back I feel like Com's got a " @@!#% In You" ready to go.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Common is a lame for this.. Especially if this is ONLY about Serena

Drake shouldn't eem respond

Back
Top Bottom