New Ghostface interview about his R&B album

http://www.unkut.com/2009...t-record-is-straight-rb/

Robbie: Can you tell me about this R & B album? Are there a lot of collaborations?

Ghostface: Like when I did 'Ice Cream' and all the stuff like that. Remember 'Ice Cream'? An album like that. A mixture of things, like you know how I did that Ne-Yo joint and 'All That I Got Is You' and stuff like that. It's my last album [for Def Jam] so I wanted to do the album I always wanted to do, man. You gotta tell the fans that you not gettin' no younger here - we gettin' older! And everybody don't sell crack no more, man. I don't sell crack, yo. I ain't movin' no bricks or none of that other !$$@. I ain't shoot nobody in like…since the early 90's, man. How long you gonna be 40 years old and actin' like you still sellin' cracks and you on the block and you doin' this and you doin' that when times is more serious, man. We in a !+++$#' recession, B! Ain't nobody gettin' no money, man! We gotta stop lyin' to ourselves and lyin' to the fans. And the fans gotta stop bein' so dumb and ignorant, and know it's time to talk about grown-man situations. !$$@ that happen in the real life, inside your household, your love life, your personal life, that's just like, 'Damn, it's hard for a $*$!* to get some money!' It might be so hard to get some money that your girl might wanna leave you someday because you ain't get no money like you like you used to be getting' money! Those are real situations, so I think it should start goin' back to songs that mean !$$@. All that other !$$@ outside is just gonna keep us dumb, deaf and blind, yo, and we ain't never gonna get nowhere.

What record best describes you?

Soul music describes me, before hip-hop and everything. If you go back to the early 70's and late 60's, that music is the essence of me. After that it's breakbeats, then it comes all that rap music and other stuff like that.

pimp.gif
He's speaking the truth! I mean I can get down to some kanye or jay spittin 'bout louis this, gucci that, but it's nothing I could relate to.Music is always better when it's something you can relate to. Ghost keeping it real. As for him making an r&b album, I'm up for it. I like r&banyways so why act like if it's gonna be wack. Besides, it's ghost! Can never go wrong with ghost!

I hate/never listen to R&B but I'll make an exception for my man Toney

Originally Posted by M16

smh.gif

do you ever interact with females on an intimate level?

"Do it for the ladies"

Isn't this just to get out of his deal with Def Jam since he only has one album left on his contract?

I've bought every Ghostface album so far, so I see no reason not to get this one. Can't wait for this.

Come on now, GFK is my #*%!%* dude. I mean I dedicated a screen name to him.
laugh.gif

But he aint #*%!%* with the original face.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Originally Posted by onetwothreewick

http://www.unkut.com/2009...t-record-is-straight-rb/

Robbie: Can you tell me about this R & B album? Are there a lot of collaborations?

Ghostface: ! And everybody don't sell crack no more, man. I don't sell crack, yo. I ain't movin' no bricks or none of that other !$$@. I ain't shoot nobody in like…since the early 90's, man.
laugh.gif

album will be copped

laugh.gif
That has to be the quote of the year...

Originally Posted by M16

me too.

had a girl tell me that i will never get married unless i like R&B

listen here, i will NEVER like R&B. i can tolerate it tho
if ol girl wanna play it in her room, im not gonna get up and turn that $$*$!##+ off. i WANT to. but i know bettetr.
she can play it everyday. but dont expect for me to be like "oh shnookums, Neyo is my favorite artist"

@#%% that .

laugh.gif
He still doing it! I can't wait. You think then rappers talk aboutupcoming projects and you don't hear about them in awhile they never were serious but this was some good news.

Back
Top Bottom