New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Wait how are you guys getting Dwight + Josh Smith?

Magic are supposedly open to Bynum for Dwight straight up. but would probably insist we take Turkoglu's contract as well. which we could probably use to amnesty.

and the Hawks were open to having Pau for Josh Smith. but the Laker's FO got greedy and asked for more.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by MJGREATXII

We could have gotten Josh Smith. But we asked for another piece. Hawks said no.

I think if we do end up with Dwight. We take Pau for Josh straight up

Who do you think ends up with dwight Essential? 

My hope is the Bobcats so Dwight suffers for a year

You are a cruel man
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

Magic are supposedly open to Bynum for Dwight straight up. but would probably insist we take Turkoglu's contract as well. which we could probably use to amnesty.

and the Hawks were open to having Pau for Josh Smith. but the Laker's FO got greedy and asked for more.

Can only use amnesty on players on team before start of 2011-2012 season.And they won't get far with Hedo demands. No team is taking him, and Magic have no leverage to force a team to.

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Good.....pau for Josh straight up does nothing for this team

Wouldn't we need another piece just to match salaries?

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Good.....pau for Josh straight up does nothing for this team

Wouldn't we need another piece just to match salaries?

If they trade Joe to BK. likely they save a gang of money. So Pau for Josh could work straight up. Would need to save $3-4mil in returning salary from BK for Joe deal. So Pau for Josh straight works

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

Can only use amnesty on players on team before start of 2011-2012 season.And they won't get far with Hedo demands. No team is taking him, and Magic have no leverage to force a team to.

Wouldn't "First team to take Hedo gets Dwight" be leverage enough?

[h1]Dwight Howard: I'll re-sign with only one team[/h1]27 minutes ago

Orlando Magic star Dwight Howard told Yahoo! Sports he will not re-sign with a team outside his preferred list that trades for him, and emphatically denied that he ever used the term "blackmail" to describe how Magic officials convinced him to waive his early termination option.

orlando-magic-v-york-knicks-20120328-173641-732.jpg
Dwight Howard says he's told the Magic several times he still wants a trade. (Getty Images)As the Los Angeles Lakers, Houston Rockets and other teams prepare possible trade offers for him, Howard told Yahoo! by phone that, "There’s only one team on my list and if I don’t get traded there, I'll play the season out and explore my free agency after that."

Howard wouldn’t specify the team, but multiple league sources believe that it is the Brooklyn Nets.

Howard also denied an ESPN report that he had told people Orlando Magic officials had “blackmailed

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

Will Dwight resign with the Nets even without D-Will?

I'm kinda secretly hoping Deron signs with Dallas now just to see what this guy does/says next
30t6p3b.gif

Honestly I don't even want this guy anymore. Players have way too much power these days
30t6p3b.gif

This is some lebron-like immaturity. 

To be honest tho, I don't see this whole Dwight situation lingering around. Once he signs a deal(wherever that may be) all will be forgotten

Dwight is done, it's almost as if his career and fame came at his height. That height being his all-star fiasco. In the end, the drama about this guy evolved into what his next team would be, not whether or not he could take the next shot or whatever. So what is the hype w/ this guy? Aside from the fact that he grew tremendously from his high school days, this guy had no impact in the league other than to create money and play defense. The talk about him leading his team to some title, or developing some offensive moves are purely absurd...

at this point id take josh smith for gasol even though i hate josh smith and he would just be another guy who cannot hit a jumper

id like to see a team of:
dwight

scola

small forward

kobe

lowery

or :

dwight

josh smith

small forward

kobe

point guard

with the latter being blown up after the year ends...

I'd be happy if we could get 1 or 2 of these players.. maybe 3

Nick Young
Mike Beasley
B. Roy
Hinrich
Gilbert Arenas
Billups
Baron Davis
Raymond Felton
OJ Mayo
C.J Miles
Nash

Dont need D-12 or D-Will, we need a solid bench
Iggy or Josh Smith wouldn't

None of the players I named would be that hard to get.. money wise or via trade
Only loyalty to their teams and rivaly with Lakers stop them... plus Mith an Buss

Question is: How Buss and Mitch go from saying "No major moves with be made" to Mitch saying "A home run with be made" or whatever he said about a home run?

We have 4 separate assets (outside of Pau & Bynum): In order of effectiveness

Mini-MLE
$8.9million TPE
Steve Blake + McBob + Young player(s) (to acquire a bigger contract for the bench)
Vet minimum
(All very ineffectivey by the way)

Way I see it.. If we are going after a bench these 4 assets need to be used for bench only, no new Starters:
meaning Sessions-Kobe-Metta-Pau-Bynum is the starting lineup next year.

Hill is a good backup Center.

So now most important position is our backup PG.. Then backup combo Forward. Then backup SG.

Kupchak has to think "YOUTH" we need young legs who can penetrate and score.

Steve Nash dishing to alley-ups to Bynum and Gasol would be a fantasy because he already said he's not interested.

Back
Top Bottom