New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Originally Posted by JDiddy

There's one team doing that.  Not every team.  And that one team isn't that good.  The league might as well start removing teams from each conference. 

Done!
Charlotte Bobcats

Toronto Raptors

Memphis Grizzlies or New Orleans Hornets

Golden State Warriors or Sacramento Kings

could be gone tomorrow and the league would be better for it.

Team can take on a player (with current contract) on to team, each team would have a raised cap. 

The "draft" order would be determined with the worst last 2 yrs avg win percentage get to "pick" first. 

Took me 5 mins to come up with that STERN
30t6p3b.gif

*shrug* just saying

Originally Posted by Essential1

Can't stand how people are thrilled with Dwight having an opportunity of going to LA. How is that fair? There's no point on watching basketball.

Nash
Kobe
Artest
Gasol
Howard

That's not fair. I hate how basketball is evolving.

To an extent you're right.. But what are teams without enough supposed to do? Watch while everyone else makes superteams?

There's one team doing that.  Not every team.  And that one team isn't that good.  The league might as well start removing teams from each conference. 
QFT.
I'm sorry but your problems are:

-You support a small market team.

-Your team owner is a ignorant cheapskate.

I'm sorry but I have ZERO pity for a* hole team owners like Dan Gilbert or Robert Sarver who run their franchises more with a business mind set instead of trying to truly win a championship.

It's already been proven that with the right ownership and front office that small market teams like the Spurs and now the Thunder can compete and win championships on a regular basis.

It's unfortunate, but there are plenty of teams who need to rely on magic in order to have a successful season. The Thunder were really magical in the draft for three years; the Spurs have a magical combination of Tim Duncan and an amazing coach. If they didn't have these streaks of magic, they'd be middle-feeding teams withering away with the Bucks and Warriors.

I was thinking about Sacramento yesterday. I don't think they've ever experienced the feeling of landing a big star. I was euphoric just at the Nash signing and remembered how it felt the day Pau got traded here. I almost felt bad thinking about how Kings fans have never really felt this. They've felt Tyreke having a great rookie year; the Webber-Bibby magic; but that's different... they've never had a move where you knew it changed how good the team was on the spot, and you knew for certain there were great times ahead. It's fortunate for Laker fans that we have this; that when this team is done with and they suck again, somewhere in the future the team will change in one day with a major trade or signing and we'll experience this again. 

For the most part I agree. It's really the excellent scouting that brought together KD, Westbrook, and Harden. It could have been Oden, Gallinari, Thabeet.. But that franchise clearly has a good eye when it comes to assembling their roster

Where the hell did the NBA off season thread go?

Apparently Cleaveland is back in the mix /img/vbsmilies/smilies/laugh.gif

not sure if i like this new NT... anyways... i hope the lakers get something done today or tomorrow.. cause this is going on for too damn long!!

what about derrick williams from minnie? is he an option?

Looks like Lakers are ready to move on if the deal isn't finished. However, the Magic stated that they might hold onto Dwight for as long as September. They want the right pieces and are in no hurry.

Lakers stated that they will continue to push for Howard, but if Magic isn't going to budge they're going to pursue Bynum to sign an extension and forget all about Howard.

Lakers-Cavs-Magic in talks but as always nothing "imminent"

Something needs to be decided before the end of this week. Lakers cannot afford to continue to persue this nonsense and continue to loose on potential signings all because of all this Dwight mess.

It's not looking good for Dwight...Orlando is pussyfooting around and sincerely believes they can convince Dwight to stay.
I'm pretty sure our FO moves on after this week and addresses the bench to conclude our offseason moves.

Back
Top Bottom