Current Rotation:
Nash/Blake/Morris
Kobe/Ebanks/Goudelock/Johnson-Odom
Metta/Ebanks
Pau/Jamison
Bynum/Sacre
We're 3-4 bench players short still..
I hope that means he's back...
Also Howard talks are picking up AGAIN :smh: . With Cavs as the third team. I think we really can get this **** done if the Cavs don't back off.
Magic get: Anderson Verejao, Luke Walton, Josh McRoberts, Christian Eyenga, (Insert some Cavs player), 3 1st Round Picks
Cavs get: Andrew Bynum, Chris Duhon,
Lakers get: Dwight Howard, Jason Richardson
Rotations
Nash/Blake/Morris
Kobe/JRich/Ebanks/Goudelock/ DJO
Metta/Ebanks/Jamison/JRich
Pau/Jamison/Hill/
Dwight/Hill/Sacre
Bench is solid.. With the exception of Steve Blake.

You think we can trade Bynum,McRoberts,and Eyenga for Howard and Richardson?! Isn't Orlando going to want Metta for that expiring contract?

You think we can trade Bynum,McRoberts,and Eyenga for Howard and Richardson?! Isn't Orlando going to want Metta for that expiring contract?

Metta has 2 years left... Second 1 player option... JRich has 3, 3rd player option.. Duhon has 3. Hedo has 2 second year Player option..

So I doubt they want his contract because they'd have to sit with it for 2 years, or buy him out which is like having him on contract anyway..

As long as the Cavs offer an expiring contracts (Luke), 1 young guy, 1 bum & 3- 1sts for Bynum.... Yes.

As I look at it.. Since Verejao won't be included per Cavs sources (which makes a deal easier because his contract sucks) It can be done like this...

Cavs get: Bynum, Duhon
Magic get: Walton, McBob, Eyenga, Thompson, Some Bum, 3 1sts

Magic roster would be about $22mil lighter next offseason..

Last edited:
Glad to see the Jamison signing. I think a lot of people don't realize how big of a help he will be coming off the bench.

And I am beyond tired of this Dwight garbage; how could it possibly take this long to get a deal done?

Metta has 2 years left... Second 1 player option... JRich has 3, 3rd player option.. Duhon has 3. Hedo has 2 second year Player option..
So I doubt they want his contract because they'd have to sit with it for 2 years, or buy him out which is like having him on contract anyway..
As long as the Cavs offer an expiring contracts (Luke), 1 young guy, 1 bum & 3- 1sts for Bynum.... Yes.
As I look at it.. Since Verejao won't be included per Cavs sources (which makes a deal easier because his contract sucks) It can be done like this...
Cavs get: Bynum, Duhon
Magic get: Walton, McBob, Eyenga, Thompson, Some Bum, 3 1sts
Magic roster would be about $22mil lighter next offseason..

If the Lakers can somehow swing that, Jesus...

Well we'll see i've stopped checking these things, I hope to wake up one day go on ESPN and just see the Dwight traded to some team.

To LAL: Dwight Howard, Jason Richardson
To HOU: Andrew Bynum, Steve Blake, Christian Eyenga
To ORL: Kevin Martin, Josh McRoberts, Patrick Patterson, Jeremy Lamb(or)Terrence Jones(or)Royce White, draft picks, maybe other prospects (whatever is enough to satisfy ORL).

Salary wise, it works so that issue is out the door. Here’s why the teams do it.

LAKERS: Pretty obvious, they get the best C in the league and add a nice piece in J-Rich to their bench who fits exactly what they need (who also played with Nash).

ROCKETS: They’ve been stockpiling prospects and draft picks to throw an offer at the Magic to get Dwight. If they can’t get Dwight, Bynum is the next best thing and Bynum listed the Rockets as a team he would consider signing for in the off-season next year. Rockets also don't mind grabbing Bynum without him committing long term.

MAGIC: Basically, they avoid the potential headache with Bynum by not taking him and instead getting exactly what they’ve wanted all along: cap space, prospects and draft picks. In this deal, Martin and McRoberts are both expiring so they free up $15M and they get rid of J-Rich’s lengthy contract in the process. Also coming their way is the Raptors draft pick that was traded to Houston in the Lowry deal and I assume Houston’s pick and a future pick. To top it off, they can get one (or maybe even two) of Houston’s three draft choices from this year in Jeremy Lamb, Terrence Jones or Royce White.

Don't see how any of the teams can go wrong here...

Last edited:
Man this team is going to be ancient. Jamison is a huge step up from any of our bench guys, though. No question.

Houston makes a 3 team much easier than the Cavs do. But I don't See any way they give up on Dwight. No matter how stupid it is

Houston makes a 3 team much easier than the Cavs do. But I don't See any way they give up on Dwight. No matter how stupid it is

I agree unless Dwight publicly or privately says he doesn't want to go to Houston. Houston has enough to get the deal done but if that Asik offer sheet goes unmatched, it might hurt Houston's plans of getting him.

Last edited:
Just glad I was able to find my way back to NT. I was wondering why I couldn't post this morning. I lost 5k in posts though...

Jamison will be good and will solidify the 2nd unit down low. He's still very solid. Hopefully we can bring back Jordan Hill and I think the front line is straight. Even if not, someone like Kenyon Martin could be solid on a vet minimum deal. He's still a capable rebounder and post defender. Would've loved to get Grant Hill and amnesty Metta, but MWP is still serviceable. Still think Lakers need to hunt out a shooter through S&T to play the 2 (Redd? Shannon? Belineli?), I don't think Goudelock, DJO or Blake at the 2 will cut it. Still alot of FA out there. Also, remember its a long and revealing season. LA is all about a ring. The team doesn't have to be complete until March, after the trade deadline. If there's still some holes going into the season, not a huge deal.

agree that the Houston trade is much better than the Cavs... or do they own rights to a crap teams draft pick?

Can we also agree the "Superman" moniker needs to be revoked? :lol:

maybe...maaaaaybe we make it to the 2nd round. then 2nd round exit lol. *serious face*

Broussard & Bucher have both reported that Steve Blake didn't make the transition from yuku to huddler.

No more Blake. :smokin

Lakers are doing good.
That management staff can make good moves very easily without giving up much.

Dwight Howard puts us ahead of the Thunder. So that's why no matter how much it pisses us off. We won't let go on trying to get him.

Currently I think we'd take Thunder to 6.

Back
Top Bottom