New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

That is just... I mean... I don't even...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm waiting for the bleacher report article suggesting a Fantasy Draft
roll.gif
Bleacher Report is such a piss poor website.

^ Looks like they took it down, but here was the gist: Lakers lose Bynum, Blake, & Pau in acquiring Deron & D12, and 3 other teams go "Yep, works for me!"

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Looks like they took it down, but here was the gist: Lakers lose Bynum, Blake, & Pau in acquiring Deron & D12, and 3 other teams go "Yep, works for me!"

roll.gif
roll.gif

If it was only that easy to get those two
laugh.gif

^ Guy who came up w/ the trade even said something in the first paragraph like "Ok, here's the most realistic possibility of the Lakers landing both Deron & Dwight."

Like dude was really trying to sell this.
laugh.gif

Mike Bresnahan of the LA Times suggested Trevor Ariza for TPE.. I'm not sure how credible that is or possible.. But he was saying Hornets are trying the hedge salary.

Not against at all..

-Every part of my mind really wants to log jam the SF position through trades (with guys who can still play a handful of minutes at a second position)....
-Use the mini-MLE get our backup PG...
-And round off the team with a vet big.

In Two Lakers Articles of Bleacher Report:

Who Lakers Must Avoid This Offseason
Scola, Terry, JR Smith, Lamar Odom, Steve Nash, Michael Beasley, Ramon Sessions, Andrew Bynum, Dwight Howard (So sign no one and get rid of Bynum
roll.gif
)

5 Reasons Kobe MUST force a trade to the Knicks (written by same guy who made the 4 team deal
roll.gif
)
1st Reason was to build his brand (He's Kobe @!%$!#$ Bryant.. Second Greatest SG of all time.. Top 5 NBA player of All Time arguably)
2nd Reason Reunite with Phil... (Oh
roll.gif
)
3rd Reason wasn't important
4th Reason give himself the best chance to win more than 7 titles (
roll.gif
)
5th Reason Be the Greatest of All Time beating MJ (Oh geez)

Someone needs to shut that site down
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

Scola, Terry, JR Smith, Lamar Odom, Steve Nash, Michael Beasley, Ramon Sessions, Andrew Bynum, Dwight Howard (So sign no one and get rid of Bynum
roll.gif
)

5 Reasons Kobe MUST force a trade to the Knicks (written by same guy who made the 4 team deal
roll.gif
)
1st Reason was to build his brand (He's Kobe @!%$!#$ Bryant.. Second Greatest SG of all time.. Top 5 NBA player of All Time arguably)
roll.gif
)
roll.gif
)

laugh.gif
Seriously.  It's time for one of those anonymous DNS attacks or whatever they're called.  Enough is enough.

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

roll.gif
)

roll.gif
)
roll.gif
)
roll.gif
)

laugh.gif
Seriously.  It's time for one of those anonymous DNS attacks or whatever they're called.  Enough is enough.
There are some gems, then there are guys who write for the clicks.....

Why cant we ever get a knockdown shooter, there are tons of open looks begging to be made because of the attention Kobe and the bigs get.

A knockdown shooter and a guard who can penetrate are on my wishlist this summer.

Originally Posted by MJsaver

Why cant we ever get a knockdown shooter, there are tons of open looks begging to be made because of the attention Kobe and the bigs get.

A knockdown shooter and a guard who can penetrate are on my wishlist this summer.

Did you forget you already have the second player?

we had/have shooters like kapono and murphy but we dont have someone that can penetrate and kick out

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Sessions? bigger issues are pace you play at with Bynum and Gasol, and no shooters that can stay on the floor.

Sessions is a penetrating PG (Safety Pause
laugh.gif
)..  That is what he does. That is the offense he feels most comfortable with.

I don't think a lot of the suggestions are being even remotely realistic about the PG situation for the Lakers... Yes Sessions was the tale of 2 PG's  first month was
happy.gif
.  Second Month was
frown.gif
/
indifferent.gif
. Injuries, being unready, and a complete different type of offense run by the Lakers in his 1st month compared to the 2nd were all to blame..  Yes his defense is piss-poor.  But that is something that comes with work. More weak defenders have become solid defenders with work.. We don't need Gary Payton out there..  He's not a slow guy, so he at least has that working for him.

But you can't just push Sessions to the backup, he won't be back if that is the case..

And let's say you let him walk.. Unless you get Deron Williams or another All-Star PG who is still in at worst his early 30s, you are at Square 1 still.. You'll have a decent PG, with a terrible backup..

Why not go after a decent PG as the backup...  Why would you try to find a new starting PG with effectively ZERO money...

-Steve Nash runs a great offense, but if defense is what you're looking for.. You need to look elsewhere... Not to mention he is 38, not 26.

Going after a new starting PG, that is not a superstar (which Deron won't be a Laker)..  Means you have an OK point guard and a terrible backup.

I'd rather have a good PG..  With a good backup PG....   Than at best a slight improvement over Ramon, and Steve Blake still as the backup..

Unless Deron Williams ends up with the Lakers.. You guys should worry about a backup PG, rather than say let's let a young PG, who has potential go for a guy who doesn't put us over the top in any way.. It's like replacing a day old baby, with a baby born today.. Not much difference equals same result

edit:  He was 1 make  3 pointer away from qualifying for the statistic, so it is close enough. If you look at the stat, he has the second highest 3P% for all PG's in the NBA.. So you know he can improve his game, because he was a putrid 3 point shooter coming into the NBA...

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Sessions? bigger issues are pace you play at with Bynum and Gasol, and no shooters that can stay on the floor.

Sessions is a penetrating PG (Safety Pause
laugh.gif
)..  That is what he does. That is the offense he feels most comfortable with.

I don't think a lot of the suggestions are being even remotely realistic about the PG situation for the Lakers... Yes Sessions was the tale of 2 PG's  first month was
happy.gif
.  Second Month was
frown.gif
/
indifferent.gif
. Injuries, being unready, and a complete different type of offense run by the Lakers in his 1st month compared to the 2nd were all to blame..  Yes his defense is piss-poor.  But that is something that comes with work. More weak defenders have become solid defenders with work.. We don't need Gary Payton out there..  He's not a slow guy, so he at least has that working for him.

But you can't just push Sessions to the backup, he won't be back if that is the case..

And let's say you let him walk.. Unless you get Deron Williams or another All-Star PG who is still in at worst his early 30s, you are at Square 1 still.. You'll have a decent PG, with a terrible backup..

Why not go after a decent PG as the backup...  Why would you try to find a new starting PG with effectively ZERO money...

-Steve Nash runs a great offense, but if defense is what you're looking for.. You need to look elsewhere... Not to mention he is 38, not 26.

Going after a new starting PG, that is not a superstar (which Deron won't be a Laker)..  Means you have an OK point guard and a terrible backup.

I'd rather have a good PG..  With a good backup PG....   Than at best a slight improvement over Ramon, and Steve Blake still as the backup..

Unless Deron Williams ends up with the Lakers.. You guys should worry about a backup PG, rather than say let's let a young PG, who has potential  for a guy who doesn't put us over the top in any way.. It's like replacing a day old baby, with a baby born today.. Not much difference equals same result

Lowry and Blake is an improvement though, and it works better with no Pau. 
Lowry and Blake with no Pau is better than Sessions and Blake with Pau. So therefore 

Lowry and Blake with Dalembert, and Chase is better than Sessions and Blake with Pau and Ebanks.

The Lakers know they need to get Drew more consistent touches. Thats never gone happen with Pau, so you improve a position of semi need, clear out money and let Season Salt,  Kobe, and Drew be the anchors next year and go after a PF.

Back
Top Bottom