New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Sessions? bigger issues are pace you play at with Bynum and Gasol, and no shooters that can stay on the floor.

Sessions is a penetrating PG (Safety Pause
laugh.gif
)..  That is what he does. That is the offense he feels most comfortable with.

I don't think a lot of the suggestions are being even remotely realistic about the PG situation for the Lakers... Yes Sessions was the tale of 2 PG's  first month was
happy.gif
.  Second Month was
frown.gif
/
indifferent.gif
. Injuries, being unready, and a complete different type of offense run by the Lakers in his 1st month compared to the 2nd were all to blame..  Yes his defense is piss-poor.  But that is something that comes with work. More weak defenders have become solid defenders with work.. We don't need Gary Payton out there..  He's not a slow guy, so he at least has that working for him.

But you can't just push Sessions to the backup, he won't be back if that is the case..

And let's say you let him walk.. Unless you get Deron Williams or another All-Star PG who is still in at worst his early 30s, you are at Square 1 still.. You'll have a decent PG, with a terrible backup..

Why not go after a decent PG as the backup...  Why would you try to find a new starting PG with effectively ZERO money...

-Steve Nash runs a great offense, but if defense is what you're looking for.. You need to look elsewhere... Not to mention he is 38, not 26.

Going after a new starting PG, that is not a superstar (which Deron won't be a Laker)..  Means you have an OK point guard and a terrible backup.

I'd rather have a good PG..  With a good backup PG....   Than at best a slight improvement over Ramon, and Steve Blake still as the backup..

Unless Deron Williams ends up with the Lakers.. You guys should worry about a backup PG, rather than say let's let a young PG, who has potential  for a guy who doesn't put us over the top in any way.. It's like replacing a day old baby, with a baby born today.. Not much difference equals same result

Lowry and Blake is an improvement though, and it works better with no Pau. 
Lowry and Blake with no Pau is better than Sessions and Blake with Pau. So therefore 

Lowry and Blake with Dalembert, and Chase is better than Sessions and Blake with Pau and Ebanks.

The Lakers know they need to get Drew more consistent touches. Thats never gone happen with Pau, so you improve a position of semi need, clear out money and let Season Salt,  Kobe, and Drew be the anchors next year and go after a PF.
Lowry is not going to be traded though....  So.... Your point is kind of moot at that point.

I just reread this...  You said "Lowry + Blake   >  than  Sessions + Blake + Pau"
roll.gif
...   Go sit down

I know OKC was the better overall team, but one week later I still can't get over the fact that we gave 2 of those games away in late situations. Game 6 in LA with us up 3-2 should of happened. I know I gotta move on, but damn. Anything could of happened there.

Dumb-#%! mistakes I swear, rediculous turnovers and rediculous panic on offense coming up with rediculous shots.

Everyone talks about talent but all that we needed to finish those games was composure. They had it, we didn't. Blame it on whoever you want but for a "championship experienced" team we sure looked amateur like in those closing minutes. You don't need Phil Jackson to play with some damn calm composure as a professional basketball player.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by MJsaver

Why cant we ever get a knockdown shooter, there are tons of open looks begging to be made because of the attention Kobe and the bigs get.

A knockdown shooter and a guard who can penetrate are on my wishlist this summer.

Did you forget you already have the second player?
Sessions ?
grin.gif

Im not the type to bash players at random but he had a very forgettable post season so if possible i wouldnt mind an upgrade, he was on the court but its like he wasnt engaged...he was just ''there''.

Here you go.. If he doesn't want to be traded... ZERO chance Houston trades their "franchise player"..
Sources close to Kyle Lowry say he is not asking to be traded from Houston, but is frustrated with direction of the team on a lot of fronts Twitter

http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html

Stephen A. said yesterday on Mark Willard's show on ESPNLA   Garnett is a real possibility next year.. As well as Lamar Odom..

825534_o.gif

But it's Stephen A though
laugh.gif

And report that the 76ers are doing a firesale of Andre Iguodala popped up again today... And now they are strongly considering amnestying Elton Brand.. This is where you trade Pau.. You find the third team that wants him.. And have that third team trade Philly a nice couple of young guys.  And we eat a bad contract of the third team along with Iggy..

Like Mitch said "I don't see us getting under the cap in the near future"... So basically might as well just ball out while Kobe is still under contract..

Here you go.. If he doesn't want to be traded... ZERO chance Houston trades their "franchise player"..
Sources close to Kyle Lowry say he is not asking to be traded from Houston, but is frustrated with direction of the team on a lot of fronts Twitter

http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html

Stephen A. said yesterday on Mark Willard's show on ESPNLA   Garnett is a real possibility next year.. As well as Lamar Odom..

825534_o.gif

But it's Stephen A though
laugh.gif

And report that the 76ers are doing a firesale of Andre Iguodala popped up again today... And now they are strongly considering amnestying Elton Brand.. This is where you trade Pau.. You find the third team that wants him.. And have that third team trade Philly a nice couple of young guys.  And we eat a bad contract of the third team along with Iggy..

Like Mitch said "I don't see us getting under the cap in the near future"... So basically might as well just ball out while Kobe is still under contract..

Maybe I'm wrong but I just can't see Garnett wanting to come here after making a name for himself as a Celtic. Watch him go to the Clippers
laugh.gif

Basketball wise I'd like to have him, but I really can't stand him as a person.

There was a time I'd love to have Garnett and Elton Brand.

It was back when they both mattered.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

laugh.gif

This unless we swing AI9 or Garnett and a PG these players won't help the Lakers much if we have to part with Bynum to get them.

I mean, we're talking about Garnett, Brand, & Nash. Tim Duncan doing anything? Baron Davis? Steve Francis?

Rod Strickland?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

laugh.gif

I agree. I hated Karl Malone for years, but then he put that purple and gold on and I was all pumped!! Probably be the same scenario if KG came to LA.

Don't give them any ideas, remember when Sheed was coming out of retirement to join the team this year?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I gave up my KG to the Lakers hopes about a decade ago.
laugh.gif
Buuuuuuuut, I will say, if we flipped Pau for 2-3 pieces, KG wouldn't be a bad guy to put with Kobe for 2 years. Bynum, KG, Ron, Kobe, PG from the Pau trade, + 1-2 other pieces for Pau. Maybe Sessions stays put as our backup.......talk to me Ska, tell me you didn't read Drew/KG/Ron/Kobe with at least a hint of "well, we'll be a lot less Pau out there".
laugh.gif
That Pau deal would have to be either Deron or Lowry, unless Boston truly blows it up and moves Rondo. (Not likely).

I wasn't saying get Elton Brand.. NOOOOOOOOOOOO.... My fault I was just pointing to 76ers were getting ready to just completely unload salary. Brand $18mil by amnesty, Iggy $14mil. Which looks good for us getting Iggy if we find the 3rd Team to get in on Pau.. I wouldn't want Brand for anything but last minute signing for the bench.

Anyone remember what the Bulls offered for Pau? Was it anything other than Black Ice
roll.gif

KG's 18 foot jumper is money, but he can't score in the paint anymore.

Would be a great 4 for either of our Centers.
Him and Kobe could retire together as well, I'm all for it.

edit: idk if it was b/c of the lockout or not, but 1 thing I really need to see improvement is minutes.
Kobe should be playing a lot less minutes next year, and Doc does a good job w/ KG's minutes... MB would probably run him to the ground.
Tired legs seemed like a big problem in the offs this year.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Damn yall really want a bunch of 35 years old on our team ? lol

Kevin Garnett..... Yes, where do I sign...   Kevin Garnett today and 2 years from today > Pau.  No one has ever seen KG give less than 100%, and he will not take +**@ from anyone who isn't showing up. KG is the type of personality Pau needed to be. Because KG's personality fits with Kobe's.. Damn Phil & Kobe fighting cost us KG in 2007..
Billups before I read he'd be out until January to play backup. Now I'm not feeling bringing the guy in after sitting 2+ months, and installing him into the lineup.. Now if come January no team has signed him because of his injury, I wouldn't mind him being a late acquisition..
Other than that any old guys would be purely for depth/backup roles.. No Theo Ratliff's, guys who actually have a year or two of good basketball left in the tank.. They wouldn't be the focal point of the offense, or log crazy minutes..

And what I want to do with Pau makes it even more of a good idea to get KG (Hill as backup.. Praying he doesn't go to jail). I am still of the mind that we need to move Pau in a 3 team trade (only way you can move him), and bring back two high caliber SF's..  And keep Metta as well.. Before you guys go nuts on it, saying it makes no sense..  At least one of the SF's will log more minutes at the SG position (Iggy hopefully. Who plays/played SG as well as his now primary role as a SF)..   You get your backup SG who would be your starting SF for limited minutes, your backup SF is not a dropoff at all, and your 3rd SF is Metta who is still a contributing piece.  Makes all the sense to me.. Especially when you have a team like OKC with KD35..

There's 2 years left of Kobe's contract. No way we get under cap or even the luxury before then.. So ball the f out on players with 2 years left in their career as smaller pieces, and young guys who have 2 years left on current contracts..

Edit:  And before you or anyone else says we need a PG.. And a PG for Gasol.. I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, don't waste the thought..  You have 2 ways to go..  Look for a PG in the $3.5mini-MLE.  Trade for a PG with the Trade Player Exception. We won't get an All-Star PG for Pau.. And we have multiple holes to be filled. The deal that fills the most is the deal to make for Pau. And getting an ok PG for Pau isn't the right deal.. We will not get a great improvement over Sessions as our starting PG... Might as well find the BEST backup we can get in a different way.

Report: Lakers’ Pau Gasol wants to play for Chicago Bulls

Los Angeles Lakers forward Pau Gasol would like to play for the Chicago Bulls, Bulls.com’s Sam Smith reports. Smith cites “Lakers insiders

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

Report: Lakers’ Pau Gasol wants to play for Chicago Bulls

Los Angeles Lakers forward Pau Gasol would like to play for the Chicago Bulls, Bulls.com’s Sam Smith reports. Smith cites “Lakers insiders

Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers are justifiably in the market for another upgrade at point guard, but they must ensure they don’t waste time chasing Deron Williams.

While Los Angeles has absolutely no cap space to work with, they have somehow meandered they way into the Williams rumor-mill.

From Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated:

For the Lakers, Williams could be a possibility if Howard is not. A source close to the three-time All-Star said he would be interested in joining the Lakers, though it would have to be via a sign-and-trade deal. (Lakers point guard Ramon Sessions, who was acquired from Cleveland at the trade deadline, has a $4.5 million player option for next season.) The source said Williams’ preference, however, is for the Nets to improve the roster sufficiently enough that he can feel good about staying put rather than fear a repeat of this season, when they finished 22-44.

Surprising? No. Dangerous? Most definitely.

The Lakers find themselves the preferred destination of dozens of athletes for the sheer size of the market the play in. And while it’s fantastic that an All-Star caliber point guard would relish in the opportunity to join their ranks, Los Angeles must be careful not to get caught up in all the hype.

For the Lakers to land Williams, it has to be via a sign-and-trade. They have no absolutely no financial flexibility, nor do they have an abundance of tradable assets. That leaves them to dangle either Pau Gasol or Andrew Bynum as bait in any proposal.

Aside from the obvious dangers of trading big for small, constructing the framework for such a deal may just not be possible. Los Angeles would easily love to deal Gasol over Bynum, but the Nets are already known to prefer cap space over Gasol if Williams intends to walk.

So that leaves Bynum, who the Lakers were reluctant to trade for Dwight Howard. After all this time, after all this patience and after all the growing pains all parties involved have withstood, do we really expect Los Angeles to deal the big man who is supposed to be the face of the future for a point guard?

No. As great a talent as Williams is, trading Bynum doesn’t necessarily make the Lakers better, only different. And including Gasol in another batch of failed trade rumors will only further damage his ego and hinder any potential success Los Angeles could have as constructed.

Better yet, though, what if Williams is simply name-dropping the Lakers as a negotiating tactic with other teams, or to instill a greater sense of urgency within the Nets organization? What then?

Williams is no longer keen on the idea of joining a Dirk Nowitzki-led Mavericks squad because of an aging core and limited depth. Are the Lakers, especially if they have to trade Bynum to land him, in any better of a situation?

Not by much. Kobe is Kobe, but he’s not going to be around forever, and if Williams wanted a future laden with uncertainty, he would have re-signed with Brooklyn already.

Landing Williams always was, and remains, a long shot. And the Lakers must be careful not to forget that. They cannot afford to have tunnel vision on an issue like this. A failed Chris Paul trade nearly ruined their franchise, and Williams negotiations have the potential to do even more damage, with less of a chance of being actualized.

And that’s a gamble the Lakers cannot take right now, engaging in fruitless negotiations for a star athlete whose acquisition doesn’t ensure title contention, just a different version of the team we saw this season.

id like to see bynum traded for howard.

try to sign kg

firing mike brown is a must. no matter how you slice it the bufoon will continue to play everyone heavy minutes and be clueless on offense once more.

howard
kg
ron
kobe
lowery or any tough defending point guard

with a vet coach that team would be somewhat irrelavent still

the way sessions got bent over backwards defensively in the playoffs was not a good look...

and unless kobe wants to go ring chasing with a contender his window for number 6 is officially closed...

Originally Posted by glasses

lol @ thinking you would ever get deng and igoudala on the lakers

Sixers are about to clean house. And Bulls want Pau/ Pau wants to be there.. Longshot and dont think anyone in the FO would think to do it, but if you pursue it, wouldnt be too difficult.. So long as you keep Boozer out of it.

No Boozer, please.

I don't see KG signing with us. He seems like someone with a lot of pride, probably doesn't like the idea of joining the team he learned to hate over the course of 4-5 years.

I do want to see Bynum traded for Howard now, though. Can't stand players who don't care and are indifferent about it being known.

Let's find a PG, too. Sessions can play backup and he can return to that energy role he had when he first got here. Maybe Houston will still take Pau for Scola and Lowry/Dragic?

Back
Top Bottom