New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Zodogg must have just killed himself after hearing this
laugh.gif

Someone check his twitter account
roll.gif
LOL that guy was comedy. Don't forget 3tripledouble too

Come on NT'ers we slacking get the Nash photoshop pics done already and post Nash in the purple & gold.

SO does this move change dwight's mind now?

steve nash is old though.... and wasnt he plagued by injuries last year>?

bye bye sessions...

we cant have to pg who cant play no defense...

So yall happy with keeping Pau now that we got Nash.
What about the salary cap?

And everyone still wants to trade Bynum for Dwight right?
A Nash/D12 Pick&Roll would be NASTY!!!

Just got one of the best 1's in the league...even if he is past his prime.
Lakers still have legitimate issues though.  No amount of pick-and-roll or crazy Nash penetrating/ running around will prevent teams from befuddling the lakers at times by clogging the middle.  The lakers need to find reliable three-point threats to open driving lanes for the backcourt and prevent teams from doubling bigs as soons as the ball is dropped down on the block.

Also, it would help if on the other side of the ball if some of those 3-point shooters were fairly athletic and good defenders.  Any hopes of a championship run means dealing with the likes of Westbrook, Durant...and either Wade, James or a healthy Derrick Rose.  Speed, agility, quick hands are the orders of the day for wing players who hope to duel it out late into the season.

and yea...I'm a died-in-the-wool Lakers fan.

I want to know what the hell Kobe says to his "rivals" to convince them to sign with the Lakers.

I'll wait to see who our backup PG is. If its Steve Blake, Darius Morris. Then this deal was meh.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Come on NT'ers we slacking get the Nash photoshop pics done already and post Nash in the purple & gold.

306820_383886105004808_47623423_n.jpg

"Man is this what ya'll want?!?!" *****Drake voice (9am in Dallas)

STOP STREET DREAMING

Dwight Howard is not going to L.A. now because of Nash either. Nash is 38 years old, Kobe 34. Tops, you guys have a 2 window span to get to the Western Conference Finals (if that).

Dwight's 26 years old, he does not need that burden when he's 28.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

SO does this move change dwight's mind now?

steve nash is old though.... and wasnt he plagued by injuries last year>?

bye bye sessions...

we cant have to pg who cant play no defense...
It'll be interesting to see what Dwight says now.
Especially now, it's time to take your chances on him signing an extension if you're LA.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

STOP STREET DREAMING

Dwight Howard is not going to L.A. now because of Nash either. Nash is 38 years old, Kobe 34. Tops, you guys have a 2 window span to get to the Western Conference Finals (if that).

Salty %%% knicks fan 
laugh.gif

^Shut yo *** up, you were probably thinking that same slick **** when it came to any star coming here. Stay in your lane and worry about your team before you come here and talk about ours.

Originally Posted by Essential1

I'll wait to see who our backup PG is. If its Steve Blake, Darius Morris. Then this deal was meh.

whats meh about it?

better scorer- nash > sessions
better play maker- nash > sessions
better ft shooter- nash > sessions
better defender nash = sessions.

the only thing sessions has on nash is that his younger even then say you sign sessions for 5 years, yall honestly think he could lead this team behind bynum when kobe is already done?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

whats meh about it?

the only thing sessions has on nash is that his younger even then say you sign sessions for 5 years, yall honestly think he could lead this team behind bynum when kobe is already done?
roll.gif

Sigh. How many minutes will Steve Nash play a game? Who is our backup Point guard? Answer those 2 questions and that's why it is meh

CoupeIt88 wrote:

While I agree that this move would not be the impetus that makes Dwight join the lakers, I would not say that he is definitely not coming.
Remember, Dwight wants to win...but equally, if not moreso, he wants to be in a big market.  If he came to the lakers, sure he would be playing with Nash for two years, kobe for 4-5, but then it would undeniably be his team.  And even if he loses them both, he knows he has something greater than star players...A great front office that is willing to be aggressive in trading/ free-agency to remain competitive.  The Lakers, as an organization, will not let him languish with a bum squad for too long.  If I was a player (especially a player who's gonna get top dollar regardless of where he goes), I would take into great consideration the quality of the management, and laker management is top notch.

That said....from a fan perspective...there's something about Dwight Howard that rankles me still...perhaps its his happy-go-lucky attitude.  

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

^Shut yo *** up, you were probably thinking that same slick **** when it came to any star coming here. Stay in your lane and worry about your team before you come here and talk about ours.
me? 

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

STOP STREET DREAMING

The salt is real.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

dude doing math on the age gaps and all that %!%# 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

whats meh about it?

roll.gif

Sigh. How many minutes will Steve Nash play a game? Who is our backup Point guard? Answer those 2 questions and that's why it is meh
So you'd rather have the trade exception?
Our backup point guard is now the guard who was about to be our starting point guard (Steve 'Jiu Jitsu' Blake).

The possibility of Nash helping Pau/Stella find his groove back > trade exception.

We need a 2/3 shooter now to help space the floor. Grant Hill would be nice but a Novak type of player would be even better. We saw what Mike Miller can do, we need someone like that especially since Metta + Barnes can't shoot the 3 consistently. 

Originally Posted by CrimsonCloudAttire

CoupeIt88 wrote:

While I agree that this move would not be the impetus that makes Dwight join the lakers, I would not say that he is definitely not coming.
Remember, Dwight wants to win...but equally, if not moreso, he wants to be in a big market.  If he came to the lakers, sure he would be playing with Nash for two years, kobe for 4-5, but then it would undeniably be his team.  And even if he loses them both, he knows he has something greater than star players...A great front office that is willing to be aggressive in trading/ free-agency to remain competitive.  The Lakers, as an organization, will not let him languish with a bum squad for too long.  If I was a player (especially a player who's gonna get top dollar regardless of where he goes), I would take into great consideration the quality of the management, and laker management is top notch.

That said....from a fan perspective...there's something about Dwight Howard that rankles me still...perhaps its his happy-go-lucky attitude.  

Good points but you guy's strut around acting like you have the best front office in the world.
The Brooklyn Nets have a pretty good front office as well, playing in Brooklyn will ease Dwight Howard off of any "LAKER" pressure you fans and history would give him.

It makes no sense, he said he would only go to Brooklyn, it's easy to see why.

Back
Top Bottom