New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Originally Posted by mosk33toe

Every major outlet says we are done with pursuing Sessions, so what are the alternatives?

We have Nash and Blake under contract..what would be the point of bringing Sessions back? He wouldn't be happy in a backup role.
Our focus should be on a 2/3 that can spell Kobe & hit an open shot (maybe Grant Hill) and a backup big man (Jordan Hill may be signing with another team)

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

whats meh about it?

better scorer- nash > sessions
better play maker- nash > sessions
better ft shooter- nash > sessions
better defender nash = sessions.

the only thing sessions has on nash is that his younger even then say you sign sessions for 5 years, yall honestly think he could lead this team behind bynum when kobe is already done?
roll.gif

Sigh. How many minutes will Steve Nash play a game? Who is our backup Point guard? Answer those 2 questions and that's why it is meh
So you'd rather have the trade exception?
Our backup point guard is now the guard who was about to be our starting point guard (Steve 'Jiu Jitsu' Blake).

The possibility of Nash helping Pau/Stella find his groove back > trade exception.

We need a 2/3 shooter now to help space the floor. Grant Hill would be nice but a Novak type of player would be even better. We saw what Mike Miller can do, we need someone like that especially since Metta + Barnes can't shoot the 3 consistently. 

Not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is if you have Steve Nash he's playing 28 mpg. Steve Blake then gets 20mpg. So for 20 mins Our offense gets stagnant again. What I'm saying is if you get Nash, you need a borderline starter as a backup; Sessions, Teague, Aaron Brooks. Because with Nash at limited minutes the backup is extremely important. If your backup is Steve Blake then
roll.gif

CoupeIt88 wrote:
The Brooklyn Nets have a pretty good front office as well, playing in Brooklyn will ease Dwight Howard off of any "LAKER" pressure you fans and history would give him.

It makes no sense, he said he would only go to Brooklyn, it's easy to see why.

I honestly and truly believe that the person who knows least what Dwight Howard wants is Dwight Howard.  Dude has acted like a petulant child during these proceedings, and switches his mind as easily as a light switch is flipped, and with equal frequency.

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Sigh. How many minutes will Steve Nash play a game? Who is our backup Point guard? Answer those 2 questions and that's why it is meh
So you'd rather have the trade exception?
Our backup point guard is now the guard who was about to be our starting point guard (Steve 'Jiu Jitsu' Blake).

The possibility of Nash helping Pau/Stella find his groove back > trade exception.

We need a 2/3 shooter now to help space the floor. Grant Hill would be nice but a Novak type of player would be even better. We saw what Mike Miller can do, we need someone like that especially since Metta + Barnes can't shoot the 3 consistently. 

Not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is if you have Steve Nash he's playing 28 mpg. Steve Blake then gets 20mpg. So for 20 mins Our offense gets stagnant again. What I'm saying is if you get Nash, you need a borderline starter as a backup; Sessions, Teague, Aaron Brooks. Because with Nash at limited minutes the backup is extremely important. If your backup is Steve Blake then
roll.gif
On the flipside, you could look at it like Kobe & Co. would take pressure off Nash, allowing him to play more minutes. 
Again...Sessions very well could have left our team either way, in that scenario we would have Steve Blake and Darius Morris. Steve Blake for 20 mins > Steve Blake for 38. 

Originally Posted by DTruth07

Nash? Grant Hill? R. Lewis? Jamison? What are we doing! Need to get younger not older

Agreed. Nash is nice but I would have went in another direction if I were LA.
Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

We got rid of fisher because he couldnt guard a chair and now we got Nash who cant guard his own shadow... dont get it.

We are not younger, more athletic, or better...

Teams will kill us with the P&R even more SMH

Yep.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by DTruth07

Nash? Grant Hill? R. Lewis? Jamison? What are we doing! Need to get younger not older

Agreed. Nash is nice but I would have went in another direction if I were LA.
Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

We got rid of fisher because he couldnt guard a chair and now we got Nash who cant guard his own shadow... dont get it.

We are not younger, more athletic, or better...

Teams will kill us with the P&R even more SMH

Yep.
The Lakers aren't better with Steve Nash? oh.

But at least teams can't leave Nash open like they did with Fisher, Sessions and Blake.
Edit:

If the Lakers are looking for an athletic SF:

6196328.jpg

I agree that Nash is a horrible defender, but y'all are acting like the league is full of great perimeter defenders.

Now more than ever, Dwight would be huge. He could and would erase all mistakes on Defense made by Nash or Kobe.

edit: now we gotta work on our bench. Who's our backup 2/3. Back up big without Hill?
Another shooter off the bench would be awesome. Also, we need more athletes...

laugh.gif
at people downplaying this pickup. they didn't have to trade any of their pieces to get him. yeah he's old but still can play. it's a win now attitude face it.

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

laugh.gif
at people downplaying this pickup. they didn't have to trade any of their pieces to get him. yeah he's old but still can play. it's a win now attitude face it.

That is a massive understatement. You don't lead the league in assists with average teamates (at best) at the age of 36/37/38 if all you can do is 'still play'. Nash averaged 10.7 assists last year, my guess-timation would be around the 12.5 per game this year playing 30 minutes. Nash takes care of his body and his conditioning excels. I don't see his minutes dipping below 30 minutes.

Originally Posted by trickster360cj

So what's the next move for us?

Hopefully D12.
Everyone crying about Nash being old and not a elite defensive PG.

Stop already. Heck the same people were complaining about Chris Paul not being a defensive PG when he was first traded to the Lakers.

Bottom line is that in today's league there is no elite PG who can play both ends like how Gary Payton did it in his prime.

No longer will Kobe have to play point guard and shooting guard at the same time
pimp.gif
Dude will have more freedom and won't run out of gas in the 4th quarter no more. Now he will have energy to lock down defensively

Nash camping outside for wide open 3 when team doubling Bynum and Gasol down low.

Nash run pick and roll with Gasol

Nash run circle around the defense and throw lob to Bynum

Metta World Peace wide open 3 all day

Yikes at the possibilities
pimp.gif

Since ESPN was reporting that Grant Hill was also a possibility coming here. Which I assume would be for the $3 million mini mid level.

That really seals the deal of Matt Barnes not coming back next season which really disappoints me.
His injuries really hurt him last season and for some reason it seemed he was in Mike Brown's dog house during the playoffs.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Originally Posted by kobehead

Cant wait till we get dwight... Mitch for gm of year

Quoted for future purposes...
My man, your team has got an elite center and an elite SF and you havent done anything yet. You know damn well that if you got Nash you would be celebrating in the streets right now

I'm more mad at losing Hill than Barnes. $$$% Barnes.
He looked ok at times but injuries killed him. He could never find a rhythm with us.

Back
Top Bottom