New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

If he's somehow able to convince Dwight to come here we'll no doubt be back in the Finals next season, there will be no weaknesses for this team offensively and Dwight will help eliminate a lot of mishaps defensively. One more piece and it's going down Lakerfam.
Y'all still need some shooters though. They're missing someone who can consistently hit the 3. With Nash penetrating and the possibility of Dwight in the paint...you need to have guys who will punish when teams decide to double or help out on the inside.

Assuming a Dwight trade goes through...get a shooter or two and y'all are good [color= rgb(0, 102, 0)]$$$[/color].

Also an athletic slasher/great perimeter defender like Iggy would be a huge asset for the Lakeshow. He would take the burden off Kobe from the defensive end, leaving Bean to 'rest up' on that side.

That would probably mean you'd have to give up Gasol though.
Originally Posted by SoHi 23

With D12, I think Pau would return to being the #1 option down low. Then you can just rely on D12 for defense, cleaning up, and alley oops.
Pau would return to 20 points. Would be fine with Dwight getting like 15.

At the same time tho, we finally have a point guard that knows how to drop entry passes.
Imagine how much better Bynum could be.
Dwight wouldn't be fine getting 15 a game though.
laugh.gif

If Lakers get Dwight, he's undoubtedly the #1 option down low. No question about it...he's too good not to be.  If Pau stays, he's the one whose numbers would dip to 13-15 PPG but would benefit from the P&R/P&P with Nash and the floor spacing would be
eek.gif

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Physicx wrote:
Lakers scrimmages for the upcoming season?

262o7fb.png

pimp.gif

Kobe puts superstars on posters by dropping NASTY dunks & chin checks on them and yet they still love him & decide to come to LA and play with him for a shot at rings.
roll.gif

Wow Wow Wow, don't ride too hard now.....Yes Kobe influenced Nash to come to the Lakers. But Kobe alone doesn't give someone an instant shot at a ring. Let's put things into perspective a little bit. Gasol and Bynum, along with Kobe makes this team a contending team. Not just Kobe. I can guarantee you that Kobe and a bunch of average players wouldn't be enough to lure Nash to the Lakers.

Originally Posted by Illmatiic

Physicx wrote:
Lakers scrimmages for the upcoming season?

262o7fb.png

pimp.gif

Kobe puts superstars on posters by dropping NASTY dunks & chin checks on them and yet they still love him & decide to come to LA and play with him for a shot at rings.
roll.gif

Wow Wow Wow, don't ride too hard now.....Yes Kobe influenced Nash to come to the Lakers. But Kobe alone doesn't give someone an instant shot at a ring. Let's put things into perspective a little bit. Gasol and Bynum, along with Kobe makes this team a contending team. Not just Kobe. I can guarantee you that Kobe and a bunch of average players wouldn't be enough to lure Nash to the Lakers.

Captain-Obvious.jpg

Originally Posted by Illmatiic

roll.gif

Captain-Obvious.jpg

Sorry, I thought your fan boy-ism clouded your ability of rational thinking.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by Diaz

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Go into Hibernation for the next 3 years.
Nah, i got my brooklyn nets now to put in some work if they get Howard.
If anything, lakers should've picked up D.Will, not Nash. but going with nash wasn't a bad pickup either.
So you're MMG then
nerd.gif
what is MMG? mam@gue%o?

Zo is pretty good people man, but I can't but poke fun at him on Twitter. 
laugh.gif

Get this dude some athletes and shooters asap Mitch.

I really hope we don't screw this up... 

1. If Sessions leaves.. Ok. But you better uproot Blake out of the rotation and get a borderline starter taking those important back up minutes
2. Because we get Grant Hill, doesn't mean we should now trade Metta.. Grant Hill is a backup.. So is Metta. But Hill shouldn't be over Metta ever.
3. LakersNation said we want to trade Metta to take Hedo
indifferent.gif

4. Jason Richardson contract I can live with.  Give up Blake, Morris, Sacre for it. Or McBob, Morris, Sacre.
5. If we return the same bench next year minus Jordan Hill (who is leaning toward Minnesota)  just
30t6p3b.gif

Ideal bench assuming Sessions & Hill are gone:
Teague*/ Goudelock
JRich/Goudelock/DJO
Grant Hill/ Barnes**
Kenyon Martin or Antawn Jamison
Marcus Camby

*IF we get Dwight. I'd still try to move Pau for Josh Smith. If we have Dwight, I think Ferry pulls the deal on Josh. We'd have to figure out how to get Teague involved
**I think Barnes will be back. I've heard almost nothing about him. And what I have heard is about the Lakers. If that's his market still, he'd be for the cheap

I guess I will be rooting for the lakers this year....steve nash is my favorite player in the nba and I hope he is able to get a ring since he has come so close in the past

Wow, after hearing about the Lakers trying to pursue Steve Nash and thinking he'd go to the Knicks or Raptors to find out we got him, just incredible.

Originally Posted by youngpnoi

Wow, after hearing about the Lakers trying to pursue Steve Nash and thinking he'd go to the Knicks or Raptors to find out we got him, just incredible.

Hiding like thieves in the night from life
Illusions of Oasis makin you look twice

Wow a legitimate point guard on the Lakers that is super wet................ I don't care if he is 40 Nash can still ball. He and Kobe are going to be running offensive clinics out there. If the Lakes got Dwight I would have to say that's a good chance at a chip. Nash and Dwight would be nasty. I hate to be greedy but I'm sorry I still want Pau gone. I can't even stand to look at him.

Dave McMenamin @mcten37s
Pau or Bynum trade the next shoe to drop after Nash? Not so fast. Source tells me Lakers intend to keep core intact to play with Nash
Retweeted by sam_amick

Lakers will be better, but still won't beat OKC.

The thing is, sources also said kobe will never play in a laker jersey again. so ANYTHING can happen.

Back
Top Bottom