New Sidekick LX 2009/Blade (Pic)

Lilstar: its a little bit of everything... the service sucks in my area, the internet is unstable, camera sucks, the phone is big and clumpy... basically imjust tired of the design of the phone...

i feel you ... my friend lives in a horrible area for service ... the only place ive ever seen a sk not work is in his house LOL ... internet is fine for me soim guessing it goes along with your service issues ... but the new sk will be 3g so that takes care of that ... the new sk also has a better camera and issmaller and sleaker ...

it just seems to me like everything "bad" about the LX they have taken care of with the 2009 ...

^^ yea I see what your saying... they might be late but tmobile is def stepping it up with the new SK... I might cop

Lol, you guys...
The people arguing "Sidekicks are for kids" are just being hypocrites because you're acting like bigger kids than the ones that have Sidekicks!Grow up! Do you even know the specs on a Sidekick? Let's reiterate...
It has the BEST keyboard on a cell phone. Every single review has agreed on this. Don't even bother arguing with this.
The BEST AIM on a cell phone. Again, no need for argument. Every single review has also agreed on this.
A real web browser that's even better than the BlackBerry's.
The Danger OS is more user friendly than the BlackBerry's.
Push e-mail. Although I will admit, the Sidekick's email isn't as good as the BlackBerry's, it is decent and does the job.
When my LX was running on EDGE, it was actually pretty fast... It took about 15 seconds to load up NikeTalk. Imagine how fast it'll be with the 3G!
eek.gif

Okay, I gave you my thoughts.
/argument

Originally Posted by superbness

Sidekicks are fly. I dont know what you all are talking about. The new 2009 hAS GPS turn by turn. The iphone or g1 doesnt even have turn by turn gps. All that the sidekick need is custom apps and touch screen like the iphone and g1 and the sidekick would be doing some serious hurting to a lot of these phones out now..

The 2009 is that deal.. Its slimmer, turn by turn gps, and flush mount keys and its smaller. Mayne only if it had touch screen...

And no sidekicks is for all ages it all depend on the person whos rocking it. When I had my 2008 I was getting mad props off mines. I have the g1 now. But i dunno, if this one can get custom apps and touch screen i am d copping this one

incorrect the iphone does have turn by turn gps its called telenav. and the g1 is sidekick for people in their 20s.

Originally Posted by Late80s

incorrect the iphone does have turn by turn gps its called telenav. and the g1 is sidekick for people in their 20s.
laugh.gif
both my friends who "got their grown man on"and copped the g1 dropped that @+!@ QUICK ... my cousin got 3 replacements before he deaded that bs phone ... the g1 sucks and hides behind all the bs apps and"cool" useless features ...

Originally Posted by freshhh

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

i mean id suck daddys teet if i could too lol ... but if you werent youd prolly enjoy the low price/funcionality of the sidekick ...

dude why are you arguin so hard for your sidekick?
laugh.gif

do you work for danger if somethin?

i mean calm down it really isnt that serious.

and off topic, since i dont wanna throw this into the million page thread

mjbetch-how hard is it to get a BB to do all that *%!$?
my boy offered me a curve for basically nothin and i might just get a second phone
nerd.gif

and lets say sidekick aim is 10/10 what do you rate the curves?
to do what? hahah. what exactly are you asking.

and really i think the bb and sidekick can go hand in hand with AIM. depending though on which blackberry.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Lol, you guys...
The people arguing "Sidekicks are for kids" are just being hypocrites because you're acting like bigger kids than the ones that have Sidekicks! Grow up! Do you even know the specs on a Sidekick? Let's reiterate...
It has the BEST keyboard on a cell phone. Every single review has agreed on this. Don't even bother arguing with this.
The BEST AIM on a cell phone. Again, no need for argument. Every single review has also agreed on this.
Push e-mail. Although I will admit, the Sidekick's email isn't as good as the BlackBerry's, it is decent and does the job.
When my LX was running on EDGE, it was actually pretty fast... It took about 15 seconds to load up NikeTalk. Imagine how fast it'll be with the 3G!
eek.gif

/argument
ok, and which reviews? "every single review" i'd like to see them.

Originally Posted by mjbetch

LilStarZ07 wrote:

i mean id suck daddys teet if i could too lol ... but if you werent youd prolly enjoy the low price/funcionality of the sidekick ...

laugh.gif

and off topic, since i dont wanna throw this into the million page thread

mjbetch-how hard is it to get a BB to do all that *%!$?

my boy offered me a curve for basically nothin and i might just get a second phone
nerd.gif

and lets say sidekick aim is 10/10 what do you rate the curves?
to do what? hahah. what exactly are you asking.

and really i think the bb and sidekick can go hand in hand with AIM. depending though on which blackberry.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Lol, you guys...

The people arguing "Sidekicks are for kids" are just being hypocrites
because you're acting like bigger kids than the ones that have
Sidekicks!
Grow up! Do you even know the specs on a Sidekick? Let's reiterate...

When my LX was running on EDGE, it was actually pretty fast... It
took about 15 seconds to load up NikeTalk. Imagine how fast it'll be
with the 3G!
eek.gif

/argument
ok, and which reviews? "every single review" i'd like to see them.

http://reviews.cnet.com/c...4505-6454_7-32627592.html
http://www.crunchgear.com...10/24/sidekick-lx-review/
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/7353
http://reviews.digitaltre...w/5296/sidekick-lx-review
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2203303,00.asp
There's more, but I'm not gonna look for all of them.

thank youuuu.

now post the reviews of the curve. haha

* Outdated Web browser: The Sidekick's on-board Web browser was amazing back in 2004; today, it's looking seriously dated. Yes, it still renders big HTML Web sites that standard phones can't, but pages look badly jumbled, and pull-down menus and other on-screen inputs are tough to manipulate. With heavy competition in the form of Nokia's top-notch Web browser and Safari on the iPhone, the Sidekick will have to do better to stand out from the crowd.
* No 3G: T-Mobile has yet to launch its own 3G network, so EDGE-only data access on the LX is a given. Still, that leaves it several feet behind the starting line compared to such phones as the Palm Centro and the upcoming Voyager, especially when it comes to streaming video and music downloads. But wait-the iPhone doesn't support 3G either! True, but that leads us to...
* No Wi-Fi: T-Mobile is no stranger to Wi-Fi-enabled phones-witness the Wing and the new BlackBerry Curve, both with Wi-Fi-yet here is the LX, with no Wi-Fi in sight. The non-3G iPhone can do over-the-air music downloads thanks to Wi-Fi-not so here. Even worse, T-Mobile missed a golden opportunity to make the LX a HotSpot @Home phone (which allows for Wi-Fi phone calls).
* No GPS: Not only is the LX lacking integrated GPS, it's also seriously in need of a garden-variety mapping application, which is getting to be standard issue with even the most basic phones.

damn.

according to one of your reviews, the curve is better than the sidekick.

0,2817,2325309,00.asp

but i'm done arguing. there's no use right? we're gonna use what we use whether anyone likes it or not right? i'm not gonna hate you or thinkyou're less a person just because of what phone you use. haha

nt fam <3 lmaooo

fams i've love for you to pick a phone that have a better aim/keyboard combo that the sidekick has.....and charges services as cheap as t-mobile....

i'll wait
wink.gif

Lol, that review was made before the LX got the OTA update from v.4.4 to 4.6. Just trust me on this, 4.4 to 4.6 was a HUGE leap.
The Curve doesn't have 3G, either.
laugh.gif

Depending on which Curve, only one has wi-fi and the other has GPS. (The 8310 has GPS and 8320 has wi-fi.)
I love you, too. <3

you dont like it? Shutup and stay with your BB/Iphone/G1 and dont cop nuttin
you like it? cop it and rock it like its w.e

now

WHEN
IS
THIS
RELEASING
?!?!?

i had the first 2 SKs, they arent customizable enough for me so I havent purchased any other models. Also in my opinion they are too damn big they keep makingthem skinnier but they are way too long. But I dont even care about phones anymore I have a $20 virgin mobile phone, i dont use phones enough to spend overthat on one nowdays.

* Outdated Web browser: The Sidekick's on-board Web browser was amazing back in 2004; today, it's looking seriously dated. Yes, it still renders big HTML Web sites that standard phones can't, but pages look badly jumbled, and pull-down menus and other on-screen inputs are tough to manipulate. With heavy competition in the form of Nokia's top-notch Web browser and Safari on the iPhone, the Sidekick will have to do better to stand out from the crowd.
* No 3G: T-Mobile has yet to launch its own 3G network, so EDGE-only data access on the LX is a given. Still, that leaves it several feet behind the starting line compared to such phones as the Palm Centro and the upcoming Voyager, especially when it comes to streaming video and music downloads. But wait-the iPhone doesn't support 3G either! True, but that leads us to...
* No Wi-Fi: T-Mobile is no stranger to Wi-Fi-enabled phones-witness the Wing and the new BlackBerry Curve, both with Wi-Fi-yet here is the LX, with no Wi-Fi in sight. The non-3G iPhone can do over-the-air music downloads thanks to Wi-Fi-not so here. Even worse, T-Mobile missed a golden opportunity to make the LX a HotSpot @Home phone (which allows for Wi-Fi phone calls).
* No GPS: Not only is the LX lacking integrated GPS, it's also seriously in need of a garden-variety mapping application, which is getting to be standard issue with even the most basic phones.

seems to me like everything is being addressed with the 2009 ... whens the new updated curve come out? lol

seems to me like everything is being addressed with the 2009 ... whens the new updated curve come out? lol

The Blackberry Curve 8900 recently released for T Mobile and coming soon for ATT

laugh.gif

again, theres one person who made a somewhat concrete argument against the sk ... everyone else is like "its wack" "looks stupid" "im too old" etc... etc... im not even arguing for the sk at this point, its more against the blind hatred lol ...
fam im not even against sidekicks. i have one and i was fightin along with you til you got all militant and annoyed the @%%+ out of everyone.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]mjbetch[/color] - Like all the apps and +%%*. do i gotta put in work like idid with my iPhone or is that +%%* hella simple?
and what AIM are you usin on curve? beejive?

Originally Posted by Late80s

Originally Posted by superbness

Sidekicks are fly. I dont know what you all are talking about. The new 2009 hAS GPS turn by turn. The iphone or g1 doesnt even have turn by turn gps. All that the sidekick need is custom apps and touch screen like the iphone and g1 and the sidekick would be doing some serious hurting to a lot of these phones out now..

The 2009 is that deal.. Its slimmer, turn by turn gps, and flush mount keys and its smaller. Mayne only if it had touch screen...

And no sidekicks is for all ages it all depend on the person whos rocking it. When I had my 2008 I was getting mad props off mines. I have the g1 now. But i dunno, if this one can get custom apps and touch screen i am d copping this one

youre right, but telenav cost additional 10 bucks a month on ATT. not sure about other carriers

laugh.gif

again, theres one person who made a somewhat concrete argument against the sk ... everyone else is like "its wack" "looks stupid" "im too old" etc... etc... im not even arguing for the sk at this point, its more against the blind hatred lol ...
fam im not even against sidekicks. i have one and i was fightin along with you til you got all militant and annoyed the @%%+ out of everyone.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]mjbetch[/color] - Like all the apps and +%%*. do i gotta put in work like i did with my iPhone or is that +%%* hella simple?
and what AIM are you usin on curve? beejive?
it's pretty simple. they're highly based of the normal blackberry os. so it looks and operates just like an official RIM app.

and i'm using AIM on my curve. the official AIM release from aol.

they don't have many apps, but all the apps i have are VERY easy.

i have
faceboook
aim
flickr
twitter
espn

This device is wack. Since I work in the mobile gaming industry, I've already heard a bit on this device. OS is still wack. Just like the other sidekicksI've worked on, there are no new improvements. The least they can do is improve or totally update the OS or even try something new. There is no innovationwith the Sidekick these days. It seems all that has change is how it actually slides/flips out and the appearance. Nothing else really has changed.

Back
Top Bottom