New video of the Oscar Grant shooting

This really makes me sick to my stomach...
indifferent.gif

What I think is completely MESSED UP is that the officers attempted to confiscate all of the cellphones and video evidence immediately after the shooting. Whatgives them the right to do that??? They were obviously trying to cover up the incident. I hate cops. I have only once met a nice cop. And I don't care ifanyone on here has police officers in their families or police friends. They are pigs. No life losers that can't do anything with their lives and wantpower. Power tripping pigs.

I just found out about this cause I am over seas and I am so infuriated right now.

Originally Posted by roman736

What I think is completely MESSED UP is that the officers attempted to confiscate all of the cellphones and video evidence immediately after the shooting. What gives them the right to do that??? They were obviously trying to cover up the incident. I hate cops. I have only once met a nice cop. And I don't care if anyone on here has police officers in their families or police friends. They are pigs. No life losers that can't do anything with their lives and want power. Power tripping pigs.

I just found out about this cause I am over seas and I am so infuriated right now.

spread the word out there, this $!%% can't stand

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Originally Posted by JP310

Originally Posted by dreClark

Do police issued weapons come w/ safety's?

And if so, are they supposed to keep it on safety until they pull it out to shoot?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Does someone have an answer to this? I would also like to know

Safety switch suppose to be off only when there a threat ...well that how it was in the military....but it should be on at all times

the 4 safety rules is TREAT NEVER KEEP KEEP

1. treat every weapon as if was loaded
2. never point your weapon at anything you do not intend to shot
3. keep your finger etraight and off the trigger until u intend to fire
4 . keep your weapon on safety until you intend to fire

he violated all these rules

Originally Posted by devildog1776

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Originally Posted by JP310

Originally Posted by dreClark

Do police issued weapons come w/ safety's?

And if so, are they supposed to keep it on safety until they pull it out to shoot?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Does someone have an answer to this? I would also like to know

Safety switch suppose to be off only when there a threat ...well that how it was in the military....but it should be on at all times

the 4 safety rules is TREAT NEVER KEEP KEEP

1. treat every weapon as if was loaded
2. never point your weapon at anything you do not intend to shot
3. keep your finger etraight and off the trigger until u intend to fire
4 . keep your weapon on safety until you intend to fire

he violated all these rules

obviously he intended to shoot

01-07) 19:14 PST OAKLAND -- The BART police officer who shot an unarmed man to death on a station platform early on New Year's Day quitthe force Wednesday, avoiding an interview with police internal affairs investigators trying to get to the bottom of an incident that has prompted broadoutrage.

[h2]Images[/h2] View More Images

[h2]Video[/h2] View Larger Size

[h2]BART Shooting[/h2]

[h2]More News[/h2]

Officer Johannes Mehserle, 27, was supposed to make a statement Wednesday about why he shot 22-year-old Oscar Grant as the supermarket worker lay face-down at the Fruitvale Station in Oakland, BART said.

Video recordings made by at least two BART passengers and shown repeatedly on TV news programs have prompted speculation that Mehserle fired without provocation or by accident after Grant and several friends were detained around 2 a.m. in the aftermath of a fight on a train.

Mehserle, however, did not show up for the scheduled interview at 11 a.m. - the same time the funeral for Grant began in his hometown of Hayward. Instead, the officer's attorney and the president of BART's police union appeared and handed over a short resignation letter, BART spokesman Linton Johnson said.

"We were prepared to compel him to talk, but he resigned," Johnson said. "We're going to continue the investigation, with or without him. ... There are many investigations that go on without the key person."

The resignation prompted cheers and applause when it was announced at an afternoon rally at the Fruitvale Station, where several hundred protesters called for the officer to be arrested and charged.

The protest was peaceful in the daytime but turned violent after dark as groups of people wandered through downtown streets, smashing storefronts and cars, including a police car, and setting some cars ablaze. Police officers in riot gear fired tear gas to break up the crowds, and BART temporarily shut down the Fruitvale, Lake Merritt and 12th Street stations.

Mehserle's resignation was effective immediately. Christopher Miller, an attorney for the officer, declined to say what Mehserle's explanation was for shooting Grant or why he had quit. He said Mehserle's defense would continue to be paid for by a statewide fund for police officers.

Mehserle's resignation means he does not have to answer questions about the shooting from BART internal affairs investigators. He has previously declined to talk to separate investigators from BART and the district attorney's office, who will decide whether he should be charged with a crime, officials said.

Alameda County District Attorney Tom Orloff said he plans to move quickly toward a decision on possible charges. Orloff met Wednesday with Oakland Mayor Ron Dellums' chief of staff, several elected officials and other community leaders who arrived at his Oakland office demanding information about the probe.

"These things normally take weeks rather than days, but I am trying to expedite this and get it resolved as quickly as we can," Orloff said.

BART had come under fire from John Burris, the attorney for Grant's family, for not having forced Mehserle to talk with internal affairs investigators since the shooting. Unlike in criminal investigations - in which a suspect has the constitutional right not to talk to police - officers involved in on-the-job shootings must talk to inspectors as part of administrative inquiries or risk being fired.

"I'm not surprised," Burris said of Mehserle's departure. "It should have happened long ago. It's not the end, of course, for the family. They would prefer that he be prosecuted and sent to jail."

Burris has filed a $25 million claim against BART on behalf of Grant's mother and 4-year-old daughter, the likely precursor to a lawsuit. In the claim, Burris said Mehserle "mercilessly fired his weapon" at Grant, who he said posed no threat to the officer or any of his colleagues on the Fruitvale Station platform.

Grant was unarmed when he was shot in the back; the bullet apparently went through him and ricocheted off the concrete platform, entering his torso. It was the ricochet wound that caused Grant's death, the Alameda County coroner's office said Wednesday.

BART's Johnson said Mehserle's attorney postponed a meeting between the officer and internal affairs investigators that had been set for Tuesday and wanted to reschedule it for next week. Instead, BART told Mehserle to show up Wednesday, Johnson said. He would not say where the interview was to have taken place.

BART, Mehserle and the officer's lawyer have all been silent about why Mehserle opened fire. But a source familiar with the investigation said BART is looking into whether Mehserle mistook his service weapon for a Taser stun gun, among many other possibilities.

For the first time, BART police Chief Gary Gee said Wednesday that Mehserle had been armed with a Taser. The agency has been using the devices for only a few weeks, and Gee said officers are prohibited from wearing them near their gun to avoid confusion.

Grant's death has attracted attention well beyond the Bay Area, driven in part by the fact that the shooting was filmed by at least two cell phone video cameras. Footage has been widely aired on television stations.

An official of the human rights group Amnesty International USA, Dalia Hashad, said Wednesday before Mehserle resigned that BART's delay in interviewing the officer "hints at the callousness to the worth of human life to a public that is all too familiar with racial profiling, police brutality and cover-ups."

Protesters who gathered at the Fruitvale Station on Wednesday, while cheering Mehserle's resignation, had nothing good to say about him.

"That's cowardice, if you are going to resign rather than talk," said Jemar "J. Smallz" Washington, 23, of Oakland.

Kelsi Arceneaux, 32, of Richmond said of the officer, "I'm sure he's suffering as well. But people's perception of him would be better if we could

It honestly looked like the shooting was accidental, now why he drew his gun in the first place is a different story.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

It honestly looked like the shooting was accidental, now why he drew his gun in the first place is a different story.
precisely why it couldn't have been accidental. I got boys who are sheriffs and police officers and they all say that their weapons are onsafety until they feel their lives are at risk (apparently, a weapon needs to be drawn) for them to even take a shot. This was cold blooded murder.

Originally Posted by iLL W1LLiam

X26taser.jpg

Thats the taser most cops carry, Bart police have glocks, The Military uses Berettas.
glock_73216.jpg

Its sad
tired.gif
Where is the trigger on the taser?
nerd.gif

About the whole safety on gun thing:

Glocks don't have safeties.... See the little button on the edge of the trigger?? That IS the safety... When you pull the trigger you automatically arepulling the safety WITH it.

The tragic thing about this whole situation is the fact that it happens more than we all realize. However, in most cases there are few witnesses if any.

Now look at how the situation is being treated WITH VIDEO EVIDENCE. Imagine if there were no passengers on the train. No cameras.

Now ask yourself what the headline would read.

answer: There probably would not even be a headline. Just another dead @+!*%#.

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

The tragic thing about this whole situation is the fact that it happens more than we all realize. However, in most cases there are few witnesses if any.

Now look at how the situation is being treated WITH VIDEO EVIDENCE. Imagine if there were no passengers on the train. No cameras.

Now ask yourself what the headline would read.

answer: There probably would not even be a headline. Just another dead @+!*%#.

Im actually surprised there was even video, ESP at so many angles! almost as if they knew it was going to happen
the 3rd angle video with the train closing seconds after the shot goes off is scripted like a dam movie

I couldnt seem to find a reason how that looks like an accident. Dude was laying down cuffed, the cop pulled the trigger, taser or not, it was no accident.

Originally Posted by jeenewed

smh.gif
He struggled for 2 seconds and the cop feels the need to shoot him?

indifferent.gif

EDIT:what did he even do that the cops were arresting him?

Originally Posted by MaxElite

eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
@ anyone trying to defend this cop...

some of you dudes are unbelievable.

Exactly....Yall dudes acting like this cop had every right to shoot this man....Why even taser him? Why not mase him I mean dude was already on the ground withtwo cops on him....It makes me sick everytime I watch this video.....

The cop didn't realize that he pulled out his black glock instead of that bright, yellow tazer? Which looks to have a safety on the side?

smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by roman736

About the whole safety on gun thing:

Glocks don't have safeties.... See the little button on the edge of the trigger?? That IS the safety... When you pull the trigger you automatically are pulling the safety WITH it.
?? wouldn't that make it not a safety??

Back
Top Bottom