New video of the Oscar Grant shooting

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

has it been confirmed that grant was handcuffed?

Like I said before, if you watch the video, dude's hands are cuffed via zip-ties. You can just tell by the way his arms are positioned the whole time. Then after the cop shoots him, about 10 seconds later the other cop flips him over, while the shooting cop cuts the zip-tie. This is at about 1:38, that's when his arms come loose. Well this is what me and my boy concluded.
that makes no sense though...if he's zipped....there is really no need to cuff him
i don't think he was ever cuffed maybe...they had him zipped, which idk anything about this stuff, but is basically the same thing?

so they unzipped him after that to possibly make it look as though they never had him in control...pure speculation here...

Naw dude, I honestly think that they cut the zip-tie in order to put actual handcuffs on the dude (yeah, after he was shot
tired.gif
tired.gif
). I come to this conclusion because I've read that he was handcuffed after the shooting.

So basically they had his arms locked via zip-tie, they shot him, cut the zip-tie, then handcuffed him.
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

rsdplaya, when I say zip-tie, I am referring to one of these:

lot-of-10-zip-ties-master-350x350.gif
wouldn't that look worse for the officers though? to put cuffs on him after the fact...

it just doesn't make sense you know what i'm sayin?

Just to update info from the bay area...

1. Grant was not cuffed only the guy next to him. All of the news station at first mentioned that Grant was cuffed but after watching detailed and zoomed invideos of the situation you can see that Grant was not cuffed.

2. He was not resisting at all. You can see he is not kicking or using his hands. The only thing Grant was duing was yelling and saying things to the copsbut thats it.

3. I still do not understand why the Cop shot him?

4. The Officer resigned yesterday since he knew he would be fired anyways and that way he avoids a meeting with internal affairs for BART police. Now theofficer needs to come up with a gameplan to save himself.

5. I mentioned this in another post, in the last 20 years police officers in Alameda County that have been in situations like the one we are talking about butmaybe without so much footages have never been convicted of murder or manslaughter.

^you don't have to use your hands or be kicking to be resisting arrest...
he could have been resisting their efforts of the officers to put his hands behind his back...they can say..."well..he was resisting"

man this is so f'd up rip to oscar. Accident or not as a police officer you go through countless hours of training to avoid this type of situationtherefore this officer should recieve 2nd degree murder point blank. Being from the bay area and have police point guns at me countless times this reallyhurts. I really feel for his family RIP Oscar Grant.

so by quitting this goon thinks he can just get away with cold blooded murder?
smh.gif
mannnn how just much longer until this guy is put in front of a judge?
edit: i mean how much longer can dude stay in "hiding"

^wth was he supposed to do? Go back to a previously saved game?
laugh.gif

I still just don't understand why rioting and destroying a bunch of property is a way to solve problems. You're only contributing to the lunacy by being an idiot.
Trust me bruh....cats in Oakland be side swiping cars, breaking windows etc... for no reason on the regular. This is just an excuse to do it.

he could have been resisting their efforts of the officers to put his hands behind his back...they can say..."well..he was resisting"

yes this is true but no need to take out a GUN! Officers are trained that to shoot someone it should be last resort and the life of the officer must have beenthreatened. THere is no way in hell that Grant threatened his life enough for the OFficer to take out his gun and fire.

that's the terrible thing about it too...many times it's the cops word over the victim
smh.gif

question though that i posted earlier, didn't see an answer...

i heard the tazer and gun were on opposite sides of the belt...can anybody confirm that?

that's the terrible thing about it too...many times it's the cops word over the victim
smh.gif

question though that i posted earlier, didn't see an answer...

i heard the tazer and gun were on opposite sides of the belt...can anybody confirm that?
Yea its been confirmed. Gun on the right and taser on the left.

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

Originally Posted by Dr 715

Stop making it seem like you're at ground zero with the rest of 'em. I go to school in Oakland and I know what Oakland is about. The city's reputation preceeds it but it would be dumb to say the reputation is unwarranted. And I still think it was pathetic what those goons did.

The media only showed the carnage, I'll agree with you there. There were those people who protested the right way. But because of the collateral damage and the straight up foolishness, the message is not being heard.

Basically what I'm getting at is this: to say the entire protest wasn't hostile is laughable. Because tonight's events as a whole were a protest, only branched off into parts. And many people who decided to branch off conducted themselves in a sad and sorry way. Making cops be on edge, only contributing to stories like the one that's being protested against.
That's what I'm trying to get AT. You go to school in Oakland and you know what Oakland is all about??? Right??? Would you feel safe in that protest????? I don't know for you but I do. Did you see that man that got interviewed after his car got burned??? I would feel the same as him. What you are doing is perpetuating people to think Oakland is just violent without means. This started off as a protest and the goons decided to join in. Yes, it's hostile, but ask yourself this. If it was that hostile, how come the mayor and vice mayor can be at city hall with all these people hostile? Maybe I'm only looking at the postive, and you only looking at the negative. Personally, if car-bashing, and window's breaking brings attention to police brutality, I'm all for it. In the end, we as a society have to make sacrifices to better our cause. Nothing comes easy. Including goons destroying property.

*+%! no I wouldn't feel safe in that protest.

Oakland is violent, PERIOD. Means or no means, that's another discussion.

Ok, so now you admit all of this was hostile after seeing some vids. Awesome.

You've mentioned the mayor being out there about 3635436 times. He probably came out with dozens of cops protecting him. And what does ground zero mean to you? For me it's broken store windows and busted cars. Was the mayor out there apologizing to the car owners that some of the citizens of his city as complete wastes of life? Doubt it.

For you to say broken cars are a small price to pay .. Who the *+%! are you to say that? Volunteer that you're car be the first to be smashed up, and then talk to me.

My favorite part is this:

I'm all for it. In the end, we as a society have to make sacrifices to better our cause. Nothing comes easy. Including goons destroying property.
laugh.gif
Get the +@$* outta here, man. You're completely full of $#$#. Why should innocent people "sacrifice" their property for a message that can be achieved in a CIVIL way. You used the word "SOCIETY" yet you're condoning animalistic behavior. Get real and grow the +@$* up.
then you a square then brother. The only people I would be scared of is the police. They will beat you. They pushed a girl on her bike like she was a rag doll. I would feel perfectly fine in that protest. I'm Vietnamese, BTW, if race matters to you. That protest had sense of meaning, EVEN with that vandalism. Ground zero means OAKLAND PERIOD. IF it was that hostile, dude should be in Hawaii taking phone calls on what's going on. But he chose to be at city hall cause it's not that bad. If he had half dozen cops like you said and was able to talk to the public mass. A REAL HOSTILE GROUP wouldn't even give him a chance buddy. Man, you sounding like the news is the truth and is the absolute truth. you talking about Oakland is Violent, yes it is. But the way you paint it out is like a war zone, and it ain't that.

And you talking about CIVIL way, get off your high horse man. People have passion, anger and distrust. What you want them to do?? Say " yes we believe what you gonna do next." There's all types of people from all walks of life in OAKLAND. You want all people to act civil at an emotionally charge issue???? Dude you need to stop reading books and get out and feel the real world.

I agree with Dr 715. The outcome of the protest could have been done in a CIVILIZED matter. I know that the main protestors were doing it the correct way butthen I guess others were outraged at how the public wasn't taking them seriously. A lot are saying that "cars, buildings and others properties"are a SMALL PRICE to pay compared to a persons death. But why do that to OTHER PEOPLE that had NOTHING to do with the incident?! There are many others whodoesn't even have FULL COVERAGE on their car insurance. I was watching the news a few minutes ago and a lady was crying because she doesn't have enoughmoney to purchase another vehicle and how she can't even drive her kids to school anymore. For those that want to know the race of the individual, she wasa mexican mother.

Also, FromThaTown, just wanted to add that I'm Vietnamese as well.

from what some poeple where saying, one of the cops told another cop to take off the cuffs before the media got there.

The only issue i have is the mans running free like he's able to cheat the system because he used to wear a badge. Lock him up now for the community'ssake and for his own safety... they can at least hold him liable for some sort of criminal negligence.

SMH @ some people in this thread defending or half-defending the cop in any way whatsoever, even though they're a tiny minority of the posters who repliedin this thread. But in this case, one is too many.

You have to wonder.. If this video isn't enough is there ANY scenario where some people would stop defending the cops.

Aight, this is some #$!##@@%. I've been
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
and watched this video quite a few times now. Tell me if any of you can follow what I'm saying:

There is something weird about this whole thing. I have a feeling that all 3 cops knew that the dude was going to be killed, and here's why I say that:

The bald cop....watch between the :15-20 mark and see when he comes into the camera view. He's walking straight to Grant, is pointing his finger at him,and then it looks like he kicked him or knee'd him. It seems like he was already targeting Grant for whatever reason, albeit we don't know whathappened in the moments prior to the video.

Then look at each cop's reaction during the time of the shot.

Let's start with the cop on the far right, the one with hair (not the shooter, and this cop looks like a female). I'm going to call this officer Cop B.From 1:15-1:20, Cop B is talking to someone on the radio. Then it seems like at 1:25, Cop B turns his/her head towards the shooting cop and Grant, andimmediately turns his/her head back in the other direction, giving off a "I'm not trying' to actually watch the bullet go through this dude"type of body language. And after the shot goes off, wouldn't everyone's natural reaction be to look in the direction of the shot? Why does cop B do aside-step first, and then turn his/her head toward the victim afterwards with a casual look on his/her face....rather than a "what the %*!# did you justdo" look?

Now let's look at the bald cop, Cop C. Watch 1:22-1:27 very, very carefully. Cop A (shooter) is reaching for his holster. Meanwhile, Cop C is re-arranginghis hold position on the victim, and now he appears to have Grant's head pinned to the ground. Then, Cop A shoots his gun, and Cop C is simultaneouslyreleasing Grant's head (from the pinned position) and hopping to his feet. Everything seems to flow too natural in this sequence for this to be acoincidence.

Does anybody see the same thing I'm seeing? Or does this
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
mess with my head too much?

Aight, this is some #$!##@@%. I've been
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
and watched this video quite a few times now. Tell me if any of you can follow what I'm saying:

There is something weird about this whole thing. I have a feeling that all 3 cops knew that the dude was going to be killed, and here's why I say that:

The bald cop....watch between the :15-20 mark and see when he comes into the camera view. He's walking straight to Grant, is pointing his finger at him, and then it looks like he kicked him or knee'd him. It seems like he was already targeting Grant for whatever reason, albeit we don't know what happened in the moments prior to the video.

Then look at each cop's reaction during the time of the shot.

Let's start with the cop on the far right, the one with hair (not the shooter, and this cop looks like a female). I'm going to call this officer Cop B. From 1:15-1:20, Cop B is talking to someone on the radio. Then it seems like at 1:25, Cop B turns his/her head towards the shooting cop and Grant, and immediately turns his/her head back in the other direction, giving off a "I'm not trying' to actually watch the bullet go through this dude" type of body language. And after the shot goes off, wouldn't everyone's natural reaction be to look in the direction of the shot? Why does cop B do a side-step first, and then turn his/her head toward the victim afterwards with a casual look on his/her face....rather than a "what the %*!# did you just do" look?

Now let's look at the bald cop, Cop C. Watch 1:22-1:27 very, very carefully. Cop A (shooter) is reaching for his holster. Meanwhile, Cop C is re-arranging his hold position on the victim, and now he appears to have Grant's head pinned to the ground. Then, Cop A shoots his gun, and Cop C is simultaneously releasing Grant's head (from the pinned position) and hopping to his feet. Everything seems to flow too natural in this sequence for this to be a coincidence.

Does anybody see the same thing I'm seeing? Or does this
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
mess with my head too much?
true, but same thing could be said if Cop A was planning to taze him...

Originally Posted by wildout4

the main thing is that there was no reason to pull the gun out in the first place
word...that cop is ruthless...updates in the oakland area? anymore riots?

Originally Posted by segagenesis510

Stop making it seem like you're at ground zero with the rest of 'em. I go to school in Oakland and I know what Oakland is about. The city's reputation preceeds it but it would be dumb to say the reputation is unwarranted. And I still think it was pathetic what those goons did.

The media only showed the carnage, I'll agree with you there. There were those people who protested the right way. But because of the collateral damage and the straight up foolishness, the message is not being heard.

Basically what I'm getting at is this: to say the entire protest wasn't hostile is laughable. Because tonight's events as a whole were a protest, only branched off into parts. And many people who decided to branch off conducted themselves in a sad and sorry way. Making cops be on edge, only contributing to stories like the one that's being protested against.
That's what I'm trying to get AT. You go to school in Oakland and you know what Oakland is all about??? Right??? Would you feel safe in that protest????? I don't know for you but I do. Did you see that man that got interviewed after his car got burned??? I would feel the same as him. What you are doing is perpetuating people to think Oakland is just violent without means. This started off as a protest and the goons decided to join in. Yes, it's hostile, but ask yourself this. If it was that hostile, how come the mayor and vice mayor can be at city hall with all these people hostile? Maybe I'm only looking at the postive, and you only looking at the negative. Personally, if car-bashing, and window's breaking brings attention to police brutality, I'm all for it. In the end, we as a society have to make sacrifices to better our cause. Nothing comes easy. Including goons destroying property.

*+%! no I wouldn't feel safe in that protest.

Oakland is violent, PERIOD. Means or no means, that's another discussion.

Ok, so now you admit all of this was hostile after seeing some vids. Awesome.

You've mentioned the mayor being out there about 3635436 times. He probably came out with dozens of cops protecting him. And what does ground zero mean to you? For me it's broken store windows and busted cars. Was the mayor out there apologizing to the car owners that some of the citizens of his city as complete wastes of life? Doubt it.

For you to say broken cars are a small price to pay .. Who the *+%! are you to say that? Volunteer that you're car be the first to be smashed up, and then talk to me.

My favorite part is this:

I'm all for it. In the end, we as a society have to make sacrifices to better our cause. Nothing comes easy. Including goons destroying property.
laugh.gif
Get the +@$* outta here, man. You're completely full of $#$#. Why should innocent people "sacrifice" their property for a message that can be achieved in a CIVIL way. You used the word "SOCIETY" yet you're condoning animalistic behavior. Get real and grow the +@$* up.
then you a square then brother. The only people I would be scared of is the police. They will beat you. They pushed a girl on her bike like she was a rag doll. I would feel perfectly fine in that protest. I'm Vietnamese, BTW, if race matters to you. That protest had sense of meaning, EVEN with that vandalism. Ground zero means OAKLAND PERIOD. IF it was that hostile, dude should be in Hawaii taking phone calls on what's going on. But he chose to be at city hall cause it's not that bad. If he had half dozen cops like you said and was able to talk to the public mass. A REAL HOSTILE GROUP wouldn't even give him a chance buddy. Man, you sounding like the news is the truth and is the absolute truth. you talking about Oakland is Violent, yes it is. But the way you paint it out is like a war zone, and it ain't that.

And you talking about CIVIL way, get off your high horse man. People have passion, anger and distrust. What you want them to do?? Say " yes we believe what you gonna do next." There's all types of people from all walks of life in OAKLAND. You want all people to act civil at an emotionally charge issue???? Dude you need to stop reading books and get out and feel the real world.

I agree with Dr 715. The outcome of the protest could have been done in a CIVILIZED matter. I know that the main protestors were doing it the correct way but then I guess others were outraged at how the public wasn't taking them seriously. A lot are saying that "cars, buildings and others properties" are a SMALL PRICE to pay compared to a persons death. But why do that to OTHER PEOPLE that had NOTHING to do with the incident?! There are many others who doesn't even have FULL COVERAGE on their car insurance. I was watching the news a few minutes ago and a lady was crying because she doesn't have enough money to purchase another vehicle and how she can't even drive her kids to school anymore. For those that want to know the race of the individual, she was a mexican mother.

Also, FromThaTown, just wanted to add that I'm Vietnamese as well.

What's up Vietnamese brother. Let me say this, so people understand that I'm NOT for protesters jumping on people's cars ordestroying business. I work at a mom and pop shop, and I would be heated too if things got destroyed. What I'm saying is that destroying signs, cars, andbusinesses can and is sometimes part of a demonstration. Protesting is not always peaceful, whether it's over a boy's death, bringing back the troops,benefits for workers, or what ever cause you're protesting for. Did you know people smashed out cars, and smash windows and had brawls with police in the70's during the Vietnam War???? I'm not saying this boy's death is like the Vietnam War, but it's a protest and demonstration. People get riledup in their mob mentality, and some are genuine about the issue, and some aren't and just want to destroy things. My point is, in the end, it still grabsyour attention to the issue at hand. It might help the issue being protested, or it might not. But it does bring the issue of WHY these people are rioting andprotesting.

I need to add this too. I know lawyers and office workers that were in downtown, and we talked about it today. There were black, white, latino, asian, babiesin strollers, old people, young people protesting. They were good people, but you don't have the media even filming these people AT ALL. The media wants toPERPETUATE people to think Oakland is not a safe place. I was asking my peoples, where's the footage of protestors listening to Ron Dellums on the steps.Yes, they booed the mayor, but they didn't throw anything at him, or in any way shape try to hurt him. There were families just protesting together for acause, walking together in peace. Where's the footage on that? Just notice this, I'm not saying this just because I live in Oakland, and I loveOakland. But what I do see is when there is violence in other protests around the bay, perhaps at Berkeley, or San Francisco. The media reports the violenceand shows these maniacs, but THEN they jump right back to the MAIN ISSUE of WHY those people were protesting. Check this out though, when it's violence inOakland, they keep showing dudes burning stuff, hyphy dancing, and breaking windows, and it takes up damn near the whole segment. See Oakland violence isbeing portrayed as senseless violence, but Berkeley violence is consider nothing but the hippies acting out and are frustrated? Well I'll be damn, Oaklandpeople can't be frustrated?

Let me end this, by once repeating again. DESTROYING the place you live in ,to protest for a cause is WRONG, but not all demonstrations ,with anger,resentment, and mistrust, goes smooth. That's just what happens.

Originally Posted by peep the kicks

the main thing is that there was no reason to pull the gun out in the first place
No riots that I've known, but some people that work in downtown were told to go home early because they're was another protest in themorning.

this dude better go to the can for life... and everyone knows what happens to cops that go to jail... .they on the same level as child molesters

Originally Posted by peep the kicks

No riots that I've known, but some people that work in downtown were told to go home early because they're was another protest in the morning.
Yeah... i was able to get out at around 2. No riots... just more protests at the BART directory.

Back
Top Bottom