New video of the Oscar Grant shooting

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

Where is the justification in killing someone for killing someone?
Then why have we put into practice the death penalty? I'm not disagreeing with you..just conversation.

I don't agree with the death penalty. I think it's cruel and unusual punishment. Obviously, past Supreme Courts have found it not to becruel and unusual and that is why it is put into practice. I hope that a Court comes around that will reverse that decision.

Life is a right.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Then why have we put into practice the death penalty? I'm not disagreeing with you..just conversation.
I don't agree with the death penalty. I think it's cruel and unusual punishment. Obviously, past Supreme Courts have found it not to be cruel and unusual and that is why it is put into practice. I hope that a Court comes around that will reverse that decision.

Life is a right.

I agree somewhat. I feel child molesters and cold blooded, I kill for fun type folk should meet their maker via lethal injection.

I don't agree with the death penalty. I think it's cruel and unusual punishment. Obviously, past Supreme Courts have found it not to be cruel and unusual and that is why it is put into practice. I hope that a Court comes around that will reverse that decision.

Life is a right.

the cop voided his right to live when he violated Grant's
smh.gif

My heart solemnly goes out to this man's family, especially his daughter. The officer who shot him was a sick @#@#%@@#!*##% sack of %+$!. Sorry, I feel sostrongly.

first off it is nice to see the passion some of you have about a huge injustice.

Usually in cases like this where it seems so one sided I like to play the Devils Advocate so that I can try to get a better understanding of the situation. ButIMO there is no way to defend the actions of this officer. I asked myself these questions. Was it an accident? Did Oscar Grant verbally threaten the Officer?Thought it was a Taser? Stress? Was the officer fearing for his life?

Whether the answers to these questions are YES or NO. Does not hide the fact that the officer FK up and should pay dearly for it.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

How does destroying your own neighborhood solve anything?
indeed.

National exposure. How many people in America knew about the Rodney King incident until we rioted back in 92? The riots helped put the pressure on the jury and the prosecutors into convicting those cops in the Federal civil trial.

Different era. Trust me, if there was a Rodney King incident today, it'd be on the web within a day and everyone would see it. Back then, the spread ofinformation trickled much slower. Also, if the riots were the reason the jury felt pressured to come up with a different verdict, then that is just as much amiscarriage of justice.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

has it been confirmed that grant was handcuffed?

Like I said before, if you watch the video, dude's hands are cuffed via zip-ties. You can just tell by the way his arms are positioned the whole time. Thenafter the cop shoots him, about 10 seconds later the other cop flips him over, while the shooting cop cuts the zip-tie. This is at about 1:38, that's whenhis arms come loose. Well this is what me and my boy concluded.

It appears that the cop intended to give grant a flesh wound so he would stop fidgeting. Granted that there were 2-3? other cops with him, he was prollyuncomfortable and couldnt think straight with the mob talkin so much $$%@ from the train.

Life is a right.

Likewise, I'm against the death penalty by all means. Even in this case.

But this is irrelevant as the cop will SKATE...we've seen this happen many times before.

Originally Posted by JoeBonnano

I'm only imagining how many people would be on the Officers team had we all not seen the footage.
Good point. Funny thing is that people at my work were defending the cop BEFORE they had seen the footage.
-"He was probably resisting"
-"He (victim) probably tried pull a weapon"
- "Why would you even put yourself in that situation (getting arrested)?"

* After they saw the footage online they were like
grin.gif

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

Like I said before, if you watch the video, dude's hands are cuffed via zip-ties. You can just tell by the way his arms are positioned the whole time. Then after the cop shoots him, about 10 seconds later the other cop flips him over, while the shooting cop cuts the zip-tie. This is at about 1:38, that's when his arms come loose. Well this is what me and my boy concluded.
that makes no sense though...if he's zipped....there is really no need to cuff him

Like I said before, if you watch the video, dude's hands are cuffed via zip-ties. You can just tell by the way his arms are positioned the whole time. Then after the cop shoots him, about 10 seconds later the other cop flips him over, while the shooting cop cuts the zip-tie. This is at about 1:38, that's when his arms come loose. Well this is what me and my boy concluded.
that makes no sense though...if he's zipped....there is really no need to cuff him
Nothing about the situation really makes any sense.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

I'm for capital punishment but I believe it should be the family's decision whether or not it should be carried out.

If he got off w/ no punishment whatsoever, that's an issue to take action with, but I personally wouldn't throw my own life away because its not bringing back the loved one.
The victim's family appears to be Christian from the papers and isn't even pleased with the way the "protests" went. So how do you think they'd feel about hearing people want to go after and kill cops or others? Sometimes the cycle must end.
the victims family doling out punishment isnt provided for by the constitution. but youve got something about this violent rioting bs. the billfor this is now being footed by tax payers, and the aftermath is now officially dumber than the incident that caused it.

I still just don't understand why rioting and destroying a bunch of property is a way to solve problems. You're only contributing to the lunacy bybeing an idiot.

i don't think he was ever cuffed maybe...they had him zipped, which idk anything about this stuff, but is basically the same thing?

so they unzipped him after that to possibly make it look as though they never had him in control...pure speculation here...

i don't think he was ever cuffed maybe...they had him zipped, which idk anything about this stuff, but is basically the same thing?

so they unzipped him after that to possibly make it look as though they never had him in control...pure speculation here...

Naw dude, I honestly think that they cut the zip-tie in order to put actual handcuffs on the dude (yeah, after he was shot
tired.gif
tired.gif
). I come to this conclusion because I've read that he was handcuffed after the shooting.

So basically they had his arms locked via zip-tie, they shot him, cut the zip-tie, then handcuffed him.
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

rsdplaya, when I say zip-tie, I am referring to one of these:

lot-of-10-zip-ties-master-350x350.gif

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I still just don't understand why rioting and destroying a bunch of property is a way to solve problems. You're only contributing to the lunacy by being an idiot.
people that react this way to an injustice are knuckledragging mouthbreathers. youre better off not trying to understand how mental midgetsthink.

i dunno.
I still say he was never cuffed or zip tied...

looking at the officers hands...they don't do anything that indicate they have a knife to cut zip ties...
his arms are flopping around as soon as they flip him over.

Back
Top Bottom