New video of the Oscar Grant shooting

Originally Posted by polkaaspott

watching nbc 11 news right now.
they said the cop that shot oscar grant quit his job so bart can't make him talk and he's taking the fifth to prevent incriminating himself or something

That's what I said brother. That's why people are mad. If it was an "accident" they would have said it. If I was a cop I would say "hewas trying to reach for my gun." So I had to act in defense. But, here, you clearly, do not see a cop defending himself. The cop didn't need to defendhimself. He had two other cops hovering over the victim on his belly. Come on man, you can't fool common sense. I don't care how much you get trying todefend this cop. It's all on tape for u. Those defending this cop are just looking for some rational on why he shot the man. We'll never know why? Allwe know is he did it and it was wrong.

Originally Posted by shiznut123

Imagine if the cop is found not-guilty of murder in court, %%%# will hit the fan...

Man, I'm telling you, if he is not found guilty. This will be the Raiders losing the Super Bowl on steroids. And you know what, it's not a black andwhite thing. It's a civilian vs. cop thing. You should see that protest. It was whites, blacks, mexicans, asians.

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

Imagine if the cop is found not-guilty of murder in court, %%%# will hit the fan...

Man, I'm telling you, if he is not found guilty. This will be the Raiders losing the Super Bowl on steroids. And you know what, it's not a black and white thing. It's a civilian vs. cop thing. You should see that protest. It was whites, blacks, mexicans,Latinos, asians.

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

Man, I'm telling you, if he is not found guilty. This will be the Raiders losing the Super Bowl on steroids. And you know what, it's not a black and white thing. It's a civilian vs. cop thing. You should see that protest. It was whites, blacks, mexicans,Latinos, asians.
my bad fam, I should have known.

Anyway, this is what I got from the 10 point law of the Black Panther Party on Wikipedia. I know how wikipedia is, if this is false, then take away my post.

Law 3.) We want an immediate end to police brutality and murder of black people, other people of color, all oppressed people inside the United States.

That's why I love the Black Panther Party, and they fought for free lunch in grade school which I benefited from.

just seen the videos on ktvu.com
eek.gif

FromThaTown wrote:

shiznut123 wrote:

Man, I'm telling you, if he is not found guilty. This will be the Raiders losing the Super Bowl on steroids. And you know what, it's not a black and
white thing. It's a civilian vs. cop thing. You should see that protest. It was whites, blacks, mexicans,Latinos, asians.

laugh.gif
im just messin wit u

I don't know you might be El Salvadorian. When I call my El Salvadorian folks Mexican, he gets heated, that's why I keep doing it.

Wow, I just got back from the Warriors game.

I haven't seen this many police or helicopters in a very long time.

It is without question that this BART policeman is culpable. It makes me ill to think about. RIP to Oscar Grant.

But at least the East Bay reacts to the this injustice. There aren't many other places in the world where organized protest and free speech are so highlylauded.

The power of the free speech movement & protest is deeply engraved in the history of the East Bay since before the Free Speech Movement. Something that Idon't expect others not from here to understand.

They really need to let thisHBO show happen.

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

Wow, I just got back from the Warriors game.

I haven't seen this many police or helicopters in a very long time.

It is without question that this BART policeman is culpable. It makes me ill to think about. RIP to Oscar Grant.

But at least the East Bay reacts to the this injustice. There aren't many other places in the world where organized protest and free speech are so highly lauded.

The power of the free speech movement & protest is deeply engraved in the history of the East Bay since before the Free Speech Movement. Something that I don't expect others not from here to understand.

They really need to let this HBO show happen.
Man, no @+@*, you just made my body tingle with what you said. People are trippin on this board about cars getting burn, and shops getting theirglasses broken. YES, that's a misfortune, for those people. But the MAIN protesters in this movement were civilized and acted accordingly. To the point,that the mayor of Oakland came to ground zero, and he had protesters following him to city hall. Tell me where a "RIOT" was going on and the mayor ofthat city can step foot in the middle of what was going on????? That's why I'm trying to tell these people on this board the Media is trying to makeOakland seem like a place out of control, but it ain't unless you live here and know what it is all about.

Stop making it seem like you're at ground zero with the rest of 'em. I go to school in Oakland and I know what Oakland is about. The city'sreputation preceeds it but it would be dumb to say the reputation is unwarranted. And I still think it was pathetic what those goons did.

The media only showed the carnage, I'll agree with you there. There were those people who protested the right way. But because of the collateral damage andthe straight up foolishness, the message is not being heard.

Basically what I'm getting at is this: to say the entire protest wasn't hostile is laughable. Because tonight's events as a whole were a protest,only branched off into parts. And many people who decided to branch off conducted themselves in a sad and sorry way. Making cops be on edge, only contributingto stories like the one that's being protested against.

I live in the middle of this, right on Madison. It was freakin nuts tonight. They lit a prelude on fire 5 cars up from mine. I didn't even know any of thiswas going on until my bro called me... I walked outside and thought Armageddon was upon me. Rip to oscar

Im pro cop and all, and I hate goons, but this is totally, absolutely unacceptable.
From the look on the BART Cops face, he knew he messed up....bad.
My eyes filled with tears not only for the victim, but also the cop.
Absolutely horrible. No way he could/should get away with this.

Oh and the family will get paid, very well too.

Honestly I can't watch the vid after I know what happens.

Times are too hard right now, society just is having a hard time staying happy.

- Safari​

RIP
wow that vid is nuts. but seems like the officer didnt mean to pull the trigger... Last time i checked theres dudes rioting, stompin and flippinn out randomcars and #$@ out in oakland. wonder if it stopped. sucks, didnt seem like a bad kid, he was an usher at a church, member of the choir, chess player andathlete..dudes family is suing for 25 mil.

Originally Posted by Dr 715

Stop making it seem like you're at ground zero with the rest of 'em. I go to school in Oakland and I know what Oakland is about. The city's
reputation preceeds it but it would be dumb to say the reputation is unwarranted. And I still think it was pathetic what those goons did.

How do you know he wasn't out there? Who cares if you go to school in Oakland, it doesn't mean you know anything about this city.

Originally Posted by Dr 715

Basically what I'm getting at is this: to say the entire protest wasn't hostile is laughable. Because tonight's events as a whole were a protest,
only branched off into parts. And many people who decided to branch off conducted themselves in a sad and sorry way. Making cops be on edge, only contributing
to stories like the one that's being protested against.

No one ever said the entire protest wasn't hostile, in fact both dudes above you addressed that there were parts about it that were.

Back
Top Bottom