New video of the Oscar Grant shooting

Originally Posted by LanZeR23

that was hard to watch

Truth. My heart was beating fast.

wow I just watched....disgusting....honestly ive always been more afraid of police officers than anything in this world
Same here. I don't feel comfortable around them. I automatically assume that they're all !#%@@%$% and I don't trust them.

This doesn't mean that I don't appreciate them or any good that they do, but don't trust them and I doubt I ever will.

I hope that there's justice for this kid and his family and that the BART officer's family will be able to make it through this as well.

RIP

The first time I saw the police harm someone on tape it was hard to watch.

Now its like watching a re-run... unfortunately.

At the 1:47 mark I'm pretty sure the dude that's handcuffed (right side, wearing all black) is screaming "HE DIDN'T FIGHT!"

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

At the 1:47 mark I'm pretty sure the dude that's handcuffed (right side, wearing all black) is screaming "HE DIDN'T FIGHT!"
I've seen you in this thread brother
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, and I think, whoever, is investigating this case should pay you . You, straight over here, watching it frame for frame. I'm pretty sure youwatched this tape more than anybody. BTW, how many times have you watch this. I've watch it four times, and I can't anymore cause it just keep****ting me that a man's life ended right there in that moment.

im surprised this guy hasnt been arrested or even interviewed yet.

imagine being one of his friends sitting next to him, watching him getting shot in the back lying face down.

Jehul wrote:
JoeBonnano wrote:
I'm only imagining how many people would be on the Officers team had we all not seen the footage.

Good point. Funny thing is that people at my work were defending the cop BEFORE they had seen the footage.
-"He was probably resisting"
-"He (victim) probably tried pull a weapon"
- "Why would you even put yourself in that situation (getting arrested)?"

* After they saw the footage online they were like
grin.gif

- damn. what type of people do you work with?

- i dont buy the whole taser thing. however when i said it was an accident (in my pervious posts), i think the cop meant to draw his weapon and spazz out onsome "shut up you dirty %%*%%%" type steez because he kept talking, and it went off.
- the reaction on his face shows imo the he didnt mean to shoot the kid. but all the fumbling he did to get the gun out in the first place shows he did mean todraw his weapon. to me you put those together with a @+%$ talking kid and i could easily see dude getting ready to lose it but trying to use his gun to'scare' them when it went off accidentally.

- what yall think?

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

Aight, this is some #$!##@@%. I've been
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
and watched this video quite a few times now. Tell me if any of you can follow what I'm saying:

There is something weird about this whole thing. I have a feeling that all 3 cops knew that the dude was going to be killed, and here's why I say that:

The bald cop....watch between the :15-20 mark and see when he comes into the camera view. He's walking straight to Grant, is pointing his finger at him, and then it looks like he kicked him or knee'd him. It seems like he was already targeting Grant for whatever reason, albeit we don't know what happened in the moments prior to the video.

Then look at each cop's reaction during the time of the shot.

Let's start with the cop on the far right, the one with hair (not the shooter, and this cop looks like a female). I'm going to call this officer Cop B. From 1:15-1:20, Cop B is talking to someone on the radio. Then it seems like at 1:25, Cop B turns his/her head towards the shooting cop and Grant, and immediately turns his/her head back in the other direction, giving off a "I'm not trying' to actually watch the bullet go through this dude" type of body language. And after the shot goes off, wouldn't everyone's natural reaction be to look in the direction of the shot? Why does cop B do a side-step first, and then turn his/her head toward the victim afterwards with a casual look on his/her face....rather than a "what the %*!# did you just do" look?

Now let's look at the bald cop, Cop C. Watch 1:22-1:27 very, very carefully. Cop A (shooter) is reaching for his holster. Meanwhile, Cop C is re-arranging his hold position on the victim, and now he appears to have Grant's head pinned to the ground. Then, Cop A shoots his gun, and Cop C is simultaneously releasing Grant's head (from the pinned position) and hopping to his feet. Everything seems to flow too natural in this sequence for this to be a coincidence.

Does anybody see the same thing I'm seeing? Or does this
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
mess with my head too much?

- i see where your going. reaction says alot. its one of those things thats hard to fake. i noticed some of the same things when i first seen the video myself.matter of fact all the cops reactions just didnt look right. im not saying that means they knew it was coming but something wasnt right about it.
- i know when i first seen the vid while waiting for the shot, you couldnt tell it went off by looking at the surrounding cops i could only tell by looking atthe kids....

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Originally Posted by LanZeR23

that was hard to watch

Truth. My heart was beating fast.

wow I just watched....disgusting....honestly ive always been more afraid of police officers than anything in this world
Same here. I don't feel comfortable around them. I automatically assume that they're all !%!%##%@ and I don't trust them.

This doesn't mean that I don't appreciate them or any good that they do, but don't trust them and I doubt I ever will.

I hope that there's justice for this kid and his family and that the BART officer's family will be able to make it through this as well.

I've watched a lot of crazy videos and %%% like the people in Iraq killing people and what not...But this was surreal. Like it's not normal for us. Ijust watched a young man die...and this bastard killed him for no reason. Pepper spray him, beat em up but got damn man, you pulled a gun and put it to hisback while he was face down and not even looking. They all just stand around looking stupid. The one that shot em was moving the slowest. You just shot theman!!!! They didn't try to revive him or nothing, just rolling him over. I'm in shock still. I'm looking at this %%% like......... I can'tbelieve I just watched a man die live on camera at the hands of a PIG.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

THen the police chief says They will talk to the officers, the videos are inconclusive . I'm like #+% are you serious ??????????
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Man this was real bad. I hope oscar's family gets through this. Damn I don't even know if I still wana be a cop. I don't want to be looked as a badguy instead of a protector or good guy.

Originally Posted by SC415

Man this was real bad. I hope oscar's family gets through this. Damn I don't even know if I still wana be a cop. I don't want to be looked as a bad guy instead of a protector or good guy.

There good cop, just the !@#!@#!@ ones mess it up for everyone....if you wanna be a cop go for it ...there benefits and retirement benefit are nice ...as longas u treat people w/ respect and not demand it like most of them ...shouldn't be a problem....

I'm a security guard...I know a good amount of cops. They were like this stuff is the reason why they hate us.
tired.gif

Dude shot him with a .40 caliber bullet too. How are you going to shoot a .40 caliber that close and expect dude to survive?
smh.gif

This whole semester of college I pretty much rode BART to SF and would pass that fruitvale station every single time.

It's just ridiculous at this day and age to still have irresponsible cops that still repeat the same mistakes that have happened before.

It truly is disguisting. Especially when all the citizens are yelling at them to stop and they don't even blink.

they may not have pulled the trigger, but all the cops standing around watching are partly to blame as well... especially the other cop who was holding oscargrant down on the ground.

!!!# just makes me mad thinking about it... hope they all get whats coming to them.

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Originally Posted by SC415

Man this was real bad. I hope oscar's family gets through this. Damn I don't even know if I still wana be a cop. I don't want to be looked as a bad guy instead of a protector or good guy.

There good cop, just the !@#!@#!@ ones mess it up for everyone....if you wanna be a cop go for it ...there benefits and retirement benefit are nice ...as long as u treat people w/ respect and not demand it like most of them ...shouldn't be a problem....

if your looking for benefits and retirement , JOIN YOUR LOCAL UNION . dont be no cop . i make more then cops make and im only 24 . i have better benefits and IDONT HAVE TO RISK MY LIFE EVERYDAY !!! . bigg ups to local 38 stationary engineers union !!!!!!!!!!!!! for paying me over 80k a year baby !!!!! lol

whats the update on the cop? has he been detained at all? whats taking so long for him to release a statement?

The officer looked shocked on further review, but if your that trigger happy than don't be on the force. and you can tell the diff between a gun and ataser. That video almost brought tears the way he got popped in front of his boys.

Oakland rioting actually gets a minor chuckle out of me. I wish the shooting wasn't in a BART station in Oakalnd.

The last thing Oakland needs is a riot.

Back
Top Bottom