New Westbrook signature shoe? (Pic)

I kind of like the PE Russ is wearing, the orange lining and laces help a lot. It's really a shame Nike never gives customers any on-court colorways anymore. Maybe less so here and more with the Kyrie/Lebron line since this CW is similar, but I figured theyd consider it for a limited release of a first signature model. They really just don't care tho

These are going to go pretty low on sale. I'm guessing whoever wants them will be able to get almost all the colorways for < $70 shipped before summer.

scaledown

Crafted for the dynamic game and personality of the reigning MVP and fashion king, the Jordan Why Not Zer0.1 is highlighted by its smooth vamp, which, fitting for Westbrook, offers dual purpose. First and foremost, it serves the MVP’s key footwear need: forefoot containment. Westbrook plays high on his toes, always ready to push to the hoop or convert a rebound or steal into a fast break. For this, he needs stability over the sole unit, such that no added movement minimizes response when shifting direction or getting maximum bounce to the rack. Combining his style, specific performance needs and Jordan Brand soul, the end result is a futuristic silhouette that features a fused mesh upper, full-length Zoom Air unit and a compression-molded pylon foam piece engineered for flight.

Behind the scenes, Westbrook works closely with Jordan designers and the Thunder equipment manager, Wilson Taylor, to ensure his feedback is clear and concise. “Russ is a detail-oriented guy. He picked up on every little thing [when testing the shoe],” shares Taylor.

After every wear test, Taylor is responsible for relaying Westbrook’s thoughts back to the Jordan team. “After each test, he’d share some feedback. He’d tell me ‘see if they can do this. See if they can extend the padding here.’ It was a good process,” he says.

That part of the process, the dialing of the fit and feel, is elementary for Westbrook. He wants things comfortable. He wants supreme confidence in his tools, even if it requires getting into the weeds. “The biggest part is the amount of comfort and security the shoe provides,” he says. “It allows me to move and jump at a fast pace, something that I think is very, very important.”

26072895_930794717067599_8255504313502138368_n.jpg

I really don't like these...BUT they look a lot better on those on-foot shots of Russ wearing them.

price point got my attention, full length zoom got me interested. will wait for some reviews to get out to see how they perform.
not the best looking shoe -- function over fashion

The price point on these will get a lot of people on board with the shoe. I was expected upwards of $180 or so.

These look futuristic but def have that retro vibe. I like them. Wont be buying most likely but i really like what jb and russ did with these. At 125 they should sell well

Full length Zoom for $125 is a great price point and I expect on court these to be great. I just don't see the off court appeal to these.

in the right colorways, majority black shoe with hints of black and I could see it being part of some tech ninjas wardrobe

These ain’t that bad tbh. On court these look to be nice. Maybe with the right cw, or low top model it will give it some off court appeal.

Might be a pregame ritual lol? Also he might want to write something different some games or in a different spot

or he wants it in a more prominent and more noticeable location where in a retail pair it might not look good

Back
Top Bottom