NEW YORK CITY IS THE BEST CITY IN THE WORLD vol. I DARE SOMEONE DISPROVE ME BASED ON FACTS

STOP THE MADNESS ALREADY.

this post is inspired by comments like these:

Originally Posted by Jumpshot

Cali >>>>> New York it's not even a fair contest.
In fact, just about every state apart from Ohio is >>>>> than New York. Even New Jersey is.
Originally Posted by Husalah

Originally Posted by drsfinest72

nyc is the heart of the usa.
laugh.gif
Says who?
California has everything. End of story.

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

We are the capital of the world.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
alien.gif
I love the obliviousness of New Yorkers.
i understand that dude is irate about NYC, with this post:

It's really no use, New Yorkers will always think NYC is the best thing in the history of the world. The rest of us should just be proud of where we live and ignore their blindness to the world that exists outside of their precious city.
and i'm not one to discredit ANY city in the world, or wherever anyone else isfrom.

i'm sure where you live or anyone else for that matter is unique and is a place to be proud of on its own. i'm not saying that anythingoutside of NYC should not matter, or is not important.

but it's one thing to discredit NYC. it's become a regular trend in NT. no other city has been mentioned more in threads saying ( insert city here )> NY. ( talk about insecurity). but all that is fine. it wouldn't be New York if people didn't want to TOP it ( good luck with that though ).

however, any of that isn't fair.

FACTS, however, are fair.

so how about we keep it rolling and never have to mention it again? ( although the possibility is as slim as having a PYP of a 100 pages without being abruptlyhalted.
nerd.gif
)

so i saw this:
Originally Posted by JoseBronx

we need an official thread thread to settle this already, NY isnt called the capital of the world for no reason
thus this thread is created. not for the purpose of irating people and discrediting the culture of their respective cities, but to stop anythingelse from saying bull +%## stuff about New York.

this was a supposed to be a post in the thread, but anyways carrying on:

i'm tired of these ____ > NY threads because everyone seems to like talking about NY because their city does not get the same global recognition that NYdoes...

Originally Posted by Husalah

Originally Posted by drsfinest72

nyc is the heart of the usa.
laugh.gif
Says who?
California has everything. End of story.
says who?

how about the unbiased world.

and how about we talk FACTS?

[color= rgb(255, 102, 0)]New York is the number one Global City[/color]
meaning it's positioning in the worldwide economic system is the most significant out of any other place in the world. The only other city that can rivalit is London, being both ++ Alpha Global Cities by bracket but NY still tops it.

[color= rgb(255, 102, 0)]New York remains to be the undisputed city with all global factors put in place:
[/color]
business activity, human capital, information exchange, cultural experience, and political engagement. it's the only city being dominantin 2 of the 5, and the only other city being in the top 5 of each category.

081020_081020_GCI-ranking-table.jpg

source: http://www.foreignpolicy.com/story/cms.php?story_id=4509&page=0

so to whoever denied the "capital of the world" claim, you have just been disproved. no other city in the world is as dominant in terms of influenceand power than New York City. no other city is even in the same range of dominance as New York when commerce, fashion, entertainment, finance and culture areaccounted in one.

[color= rgb(255, 102, 0)]New York is the financial capital of the WORLD.[/color]
once home to the World Trade Center and will be again ( we know what happened ), Wall Street aka the venue New York Stock Exchange which is the NUMBER ONE INTHE WORLD in terms of capitalization, with $10.1 Trillion in the past year ( do not put into account the recession here if you don't know what you'retalking about; we are talking in terms of business here, not how the government handles their money ), home of NASDAQ, which owns more than 3,800 companies andcorporations around the globe. New York owns 40% of the world's finances, far more than any other city in the world, making it the financial center of themother #+%*%@% universe.

3615440180_869590e898.jpg

New York Stock Exchange

nasdaq.jpg

NASDAQ

[color= rgb(255, 102, 0)]New York has the most headquarters of major corporations and flagship locations thanany other place in the world[/color]
...that includes 43 of the world's Fortune 500 countries, and don't even get me started on other business chains including retailers and restaurants;5th avenue alone will scrape any other city to the ground when it comes to this and that's a known fact. also, midtown Manhattan alone has the highestconcentration of sky scrapers than any other place in the WORLD. that's not even including the entire CITY.

citigroup_0116.jpg

CITYGROUP

NY042.jpg

TIME WARNER

New York is home to the most valuable real estate in the planet.
The stretch of Park Avenue's real estate from Upper East Side downwards combined is more expensive than the capital worth most cities COMBINED. that'sjust Park Ave. and NOT even including Madison, Lexington, and apartments in Soho or anything else in the city.

800px-Park_Avenue_01.jpg

PARK AVE.

New York has the largest mass transit system in the whole world.

one doesn't need a car to get from point A to point B, having the world's most intricate public transportation system running along 5 boroughs, housingAmerican's largest metropolitan population. no other city in the world runs its public transportation as frequent and as complex. NONE. especially any cityin California. if you can think of one, please be my guest.

New-York-City-MTA-Subway-Map.mediumthumb.pdf.png

SUBWAY MAP

[color= rgb(255, 102, 0)]New York City is the most important location regarding the world's internationalaffairs.[/color]
the MAIN United Nations Headquarters is here ( the others in Nairobi, Geneva, and Vienna ), where most of the world's global leaders meet; where 192 of theworld's most powerful men and women engage in international activity. having a place with such power and magnitude, it is the only location in the USconsidered to be of international territory.

imgunh.jpg

UNITED NATIONS HEADQUARTERS

[color= rgb(255, 102, 0)]New York is the melting pot of culture and diversity in the WesternHemisphere[/color]
we have more museums, concert venues, theaters and restaurants in a stretch of a 15 block radius from the heart of Broadway than whatever city you live in.that's not even including the whole city. though the Smithsonian Institution is the largest museum complex in the world having 19 museums, New York has theMetropolitan Museum of Art, simply know as the Met, which is the largest single museum in terms of number of artifacts it houses. Fashion Week starts in NewYork every year for a reason. Tourism here trumps all other cities in the WORLD, having more than 47 million people visit every year. New York has morerestaurants of every different cuisine than any other place in the WORLD. there have been more films filmed here, whether major or independent than any othercity in the world. there are also more television shows recorded here than any other place in the WORLD. Madison Square Garden has played / sold out some ofthe most prominent music figures ever, and no other venue in the WORLD can even come close to it. as for sports, it receives the most revenue than any othercity in the WORLD. the whole world watches Times Square on New Year's Eve. the Macy's Parade is televised INTERNATIONALLY.

metropolitan-museum-of-art-facade.jpg

THE MET

newyearseve.jpg

TIMES SQUARE ON NEW YEAR'S EVE

[color= rgb(255, 102, 0)]New York is the global center of television, newspaper, book publishing, advertisingand also the largest media market in the WORLD
[/color]
it is home to NEWSCORP, VIACOM, TIME WARNER, and HEARST: the WORLD'S largest media conglomerates. the world's biggest newscorporations are here: ABC, CNN, FOX, AND NBC. that means there is a big possibility whatever channel you are watching this very second is somehow owned by acompany who's headquarters reside HERE. that includes publications of the biggest magazines in the WORLD: Time, People, Esquire, Sports Illustrated, Vogue,The New Yorker, and Cosmopolitan. Rolling Stone and Newsweek are published here as well. we have the most prominent newspapers whether broadsheet or tabloid:two of the largest national newspapers / most prominent and influential newspapers in the world, are housed here: The Wall Street Journal and The New YorkTimes. to know a book is successful it HAS to be a NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER. as despicable as they may be sometimes, the most major tabloids in the US arealso here, The New York Post, and The New York Daily News, having to publish more newspapers than some MAJOR broadsheets across America. The headquarters ofthe biggest cable television companies are stationed here: Fox News, MTV, Comedy Central, and HBO to name a few. shows hosted in Midtown Manhattan ALONE canclaim more tv viewers than ANY PLACE in the world from its shows that have been recorded there such as Saturday Night Live, The Late Show with David Letterman,The Today Show, NBC Nightly News, every daily show in BET, every daily show in Comedy Central, every daily show in ever news channel, and much more.

Times1.jpg

THE NEW YORK TIMES HQ

110628763.jpg

NBC STUDIOS

to anyone who knows NY, they know that's just the jist of it...the experience is something else if you REALLY try to immerse yourself in New York City andnot just do the cliche tourist things.

please name me another city that can boast of such grandeur and dominance in every level of global significance based on facts.

if the entire New York City was destroyed, the national and global structure would fall into pieces. the whole world would be affected. you would be affectedin some way, wherever you are from. what you watch, what you wear, what you buy, your livelihood is somehow connected to New York City wherever you are from.you can't say that about any other city in the US.

don't judge it based on the pictures. READ THE FACTSSTATED ABOVE.

i believe i have proved my statement already. i'm not really one to argue though. i'm gonna let my other NYers chime in.

once again, i am not dissing any city or saying others don't matter. but facts solidify my point. i'm not trying to make you love NY. or saying youshould live here. you can hate it all you want. or say you would never live here. that's cool with me.

just don't say it isn't what it is made out to be...because wherever you are right now cannot compete against it in a larger scale.

appreciate wherever you're from. that's just what i'm doing.

oh yeah.

New York > _____

that is all.

im from jersey and i know this is true... i dont know any city bigger or better than NYC in the US at least

You forgot that NY has one of the worst basketball teams in the league. But anyways

Who cares? If people gonna diss your city keep it movin. The hardest place to reason with someone is the internet.

i'm from ny (bronx) and all but...damn dude you took all this bickering to the heart, its not even fun anymore

Id put money on it that he took all that stuff from some other site... no way he wrote all that

anyways... Hes right.

Originally Posted by ape

i'm from ny (bronx) and all but...damn dude you took all this bickering to the heart, its not even fun anymore
real talk. you just killed it b.

on a side note, socal >>>>> south dakota>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ny
grin.gif

laugh.gif

Vancouver is 'best place to live'
[table][tr][td]
vancouver-aerial.jpg

Canadians have a lot to toast in terms of liveability, the EIU reckons
[/td] [/tr][/table]Vancouver is the world's best place to live, a survey by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) hasfound.
The EIU ranked 127 cities in terms of personal risk, infrastructure and the availability of goods and services.

All the cities that fell into the top "liveability" bracket were based in Canada, Australia and WesternEurope.
The worst places were Algiers in Algeria, and Port Moresby in Papua New Guinea because "many aspects of daily lifepresent challenges", the EIU said.

Back
Top Bottom