New York Giants Season Thread!...The Tommy Cutlets Era

What should the Giants do in the first round?

• Take a QB

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Barkley

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Chubb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade down

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the defense :pimp:

Eli and the offense need a closed door meeting and get on the same page, can't play like this down the stretch

the defense :pimp:

Eli and the offense need a closed door meeting and get on the same page, can't play like this down the stretch

We know the offensive line us piss poor, but Eli is really having a down season.

Can't believe the Giants pulled this win out scoring 10 points, defense was absolutely amazing

Defense is playoff ready. That **** is no joke. Our rookie Romeo stepped up big time for JPP.

Offense is awful. That line is the worst, Eli is losing his mind and Perkins should be getting more carries than Jennings. They gotta figure out the line issue.

Needed this win more then anything!! Defense played lights out tonight. Vernon and Janoris definitely get the game ball tonight.

Eli has got to play better if we have any shot at going deep into the playoffs. But I'm just satisfied we beat this team twice this year. :smokin

Feel like it went the same as last week, Eli starts off well until that first interception, and it seems to throw him off for the rest of the game.

Odell had some big drops including the missed touchdown, and the int came right after that and just threw Eli off completely.

Offense as a unit is just out of sync, hate when Jennings runs up the middle

I still believe in Jennings, our O line is suss. I think that's the whole reason behind Eli down year. Dude is scared so he lets the ball go faster.

Our O line is the reason Eli is struggling so bad. Eli has no time at all. I like Jennings but he's slowing down and Perkins is faster. Perkins should get more touches.

Perkins at least doesn't fall to the ground on first contact.

As bad as the O-Line has been (esp Flowers who is brutal), when Eli has had time he isn't making great decisions either.

Drops don't help either, missed on two touchdowns this game :rolleyes

I just hope that they somehow figure this out if they clinch a playoff spot, because the defense will be there. Giants just need to offense to be "average" and they'll be dangerous.

are you guys aware flowers was the worst graded LT in all of football last year. for that matter i think one of the bottom 5 of total linemen. do you think he has improved off that rookie season? he looks like a huge bust. the problem is why is he still there. beatty or Pugh should be LT and flowers bench. this weak line is the reason why eli is so down. you also realize our run game is bottom of the league? find me QBs that had pro bowl seasons having worst rushing attack. how did dak look sunday? his online is all world but had their worst game sunday. Eli has no trust with this oline i do think there are times he gets rid of it too quick but thats the mindset he is in thanks to this oline. they could have had joe thomas for a 3rd and a 4th huge mistake.

How can the giants still give the ball to jennings? he is too slow, he is done. a good leader i'm sure that is strong. however, if he got cut today no team picks him up. this is another case of the giants giving a player a chance when they shouldnt.

i like how they benched adams for hall. now do that for flowers. i would give beatty a shot

giants are solid play from LT away from being a serious contender. they can't bank on this guy putting it together in time for playoff games. this guy playing in big playoff games? did you see the fumble eli had? flowers went back like 10 feet without touching the DE and when he finally does he pushes him into Eli. WHO CAN PLAY QB WITH THAT BUM. i hope he makes me eat my words but i'm very concerned.

Update:
Flowers has allowed the 2nd most pressures of 73 Tackles rated. And the giants are sticking with him....

Last edited:
First all around complete game of the season, nice bounce back game for Eli, and Flowers only screwed up once.

Defense is something special

We know this team has its flaws, but despite spotting the opponent 14 points the team still fought and had the Eagles on the ropes for the entire fourth quarter. The refs really screwed the Giants on a potential game winning touchdown on the drive prior to the last one.

'No balanced attack and they still rushed for 100+ yards for the third straight game, very encouraging if they make the playoffs.

Counted about 8 drops, and Eli had pressure in his face all game. Almost as if people 'expect' a 37 year old QB to carry the team once again, even with pressure in his face. :rolleyes

View media item 2272817

Yep..tough loss, but some of those penalties/non calls were horrible. Stillcneed the o-line to step it up...Will Tye at the end looking like he's playing CF waiting for a world series ending pop up :smh:

Last edited:
Non call on Shepard was awful, especially when Apple & Vernon got BS roughness calls. Just be consistent, but most of the times, it isn't.

Anyway, still think we clinch considering we just need 1 of 4 games to go our way.

Onto Washington for the season if not!!

Let's Go Giants, happy holidays to all in here

Offense probably looked better than it has all year, over 400+ yards of offense. Can't settle for FG's or drop 8 passes.

Should've been a flag on that Shep pass with the arm hook on 4th down, and it would've been first down on the 15 with three timeouts. Eli was driving them

Unfortunately the slow start was the difference, short weeks are terrible.

O-line still getting torched on pass protection, run blocking looks a lot better

Last edited:
Giants miss playoffs if

This week

1. The Green Bay Packers beat the Minnesota Vikings on Saturday.

2. The Atlanta Falcons win at the Carolina Panthers on Saturday.

3. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers win at the New Orleans Saints on Saturday.

4. The Detroit Lions win at the Dallas Cowboys on Monday.

Next week

5. The Giants lose to the Washington ********.

6. The Packers win at Detroit.

7. The Falcons beat the Saints.

8. The Buccaneers beat the Panthers.

They're in a good spot, hopefully this rushing attack continues to stay strong because it will be needed during the playoff run.

Offensive line just needs to step up when it matters most, Eli when given the time can hit his receivers, but he is seeing ghosts out there at time (and for good reason).

He's always been a big game quarterback and carried this team for many seasons, but he is also 37 years old. He still has good ability and is out there on a daily basis, just needs to protection.

Giants make the playoffs this weekend if any of the following hapoens:

Vikings beat/tie Packers (Saturday)
-OR-
Saints beat/tie Buccaneers (Saturday)
-OR-
Panthers beat Falcons (Saturday)
-OR-
Cowboys beat/tie Lions (Monday)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom