NewsFlash!!!! Jordan Wasn't Perfect

kapsi1911

Banned
Jordan's article in the new ESPN the MAgazine was a bunch of hogwash. Yes he is THE BEST player in NBA history and it is highlydoubtful we'll see another star like him in our lifetime BUT..... Dude came off as extremely self-righteous in his that article, and since it's MJ mostof y'all are taking him word for word. He's taking thinly veiled swipes at Lebron and some of the leauge's other young superstars. He tried to actlike the gambling was a small matter. BS, dude was dealing with the mob, philandering like it was a second job, and other not so honorable things. So far noneof the other young superstars have exhibited that type of behavior (or at least been caught).

Forget all this nonsense about how the leaugue is marketing their young stars...it's a business people, and as long as they are keeping their noses cleanwho freakin cares.

laugh.gif

I think we all know he wasn't perfect.......

Mike is Perfect to some NTers or the general public for that matter. Dude probably could murder some of these cats parents and they'd be like"That's okay as long as they don't mess up the 11/12 package".

Originally Posted by Seven30

Mike is Perfect to some NTers or the general public for that matter. Dude probably could murder some of these cats parents and they'd be like "That's okay as long as they don't mess up the 11/12 package".

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

close to what I was gonna say. You can't tell some people that Jordan wasn't perfect on-court or off. Heck there are people that will tell you Mikehad absolutely no flaws in his game whatsoever. But as far as him taking shots at LBJ and other superstars he's right.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the gamewinning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

Name one human that is perfect. and i will give u a cookie.
until then, No #@+@.

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

who is saying Jordan was perfect? you just made this out of the blue to rile people up, or what? what useful discussion could possibly come out of this?

this thread has a high chance of not going anywhere...

preach......

time to lock this up

Originally Posted by dfresh244

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

laugh.gif

I think we all know he wasn't perfect.......
Summed it up pretty good there bullsrepeat3peat...

I can't believe the thread starter thought this would go any where....

Correct me if i'm wrong but I think the post starter is saying that Jordan comes off like he can do no wrong in the ESPN article. I haven't read thearticle yet so I can't judge that.

Of course hes not perfect but he has every right to take shots at Lebron. Media hypes him up so much to be like Jordan but he is nothing like Jordan. Peoplesay that there will never be another Jordan but someone may come close to Jordan which is true. But Lebron is definitely not that player.

We all know Jordan isn't perfect, but what he said was right. The way the league hypes their players isn't good for the game. Saying so and so is thenext "______" just brings up a lot of expectations and when those expectations aren't met we're all left with severe disappointment. WhenJordan, Magic, Bird, Chuck, etc. all entered they weren't labeled as the next whoever. And that's what made them so great, the fact that they were justdoing what they do best to the best of their ability. Trying to mold another player into a great from the past isn't good because that's not evolution,but it might be regression.

Back
Top Bottom