NFL/NCAA Feet: '11-'12 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc.

8be16d66e2211e513931c29b3a3a0e0c421ff076_r.jpg

Apparently the NFL is pretty mad about Earl Bennett's cleats.  Not only will they fine him $15,000 if he wears them again, the NFL will remove him from the field and will not let him play until he puts on "proper footwear."  Here is the corresponding story: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...tt-You-wear-orange-shoes-you-?urn=nfl-wp12127

Originally Posted by Baydestrian408

one of my boys just signed to Oregon the other day

What sport?  Must've been basketball or something since we are still a few months away from football signing day.

those new talons look sick. hopefully they wont be $200. Anyone know when the elite football socks are gonna drop? really want some of those

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

What sport?  Must've been basketball or something since we are still a few months away from football signing day.

Totally forgot about signing day. But he's going there to play football. Didn't actually sign, but he verbally committed there. He narrowed his choices down to 6 schools then finally picked Oregon.

Take this with a grain of salt.
Every team will have their 2 standard jerseys next year. Their one alternate jersey and a PRO COMBAT JERSEY. Pro Combat system of dress with be used at the teams discretion.

New apparel is sick. Saw basic catalog (teams get them a year in advance for proper ordering purposes). All apparel were designs, and cgi drawings. Pictures are not actual physical product.

No, he is signed with Russell and obviously Russell doesnt make cleats. Thats why the checks are whited out so you cant see them

Totally forgot about signing day. But he's going there to play football. Didn't actually sign, but he verbally committed there. He narrowed his choices down to 6 schools then finally picked Oregon.

Your homie Thomas Tyner? That's the most recent commit we have heard from...

Originally Posted by TakedownKid

Your homie Thomas Tyner? That's the most recent commit we have heard from...
Na not him.  Byron Marshall, running back. 

Here's adidas's follow up to the adiZero 5-Star; the adiZero Smoke. It's made up in a Dolphins colorway for Davone Bess, and a Lions colorway for Titus Young. The only truly noticeable difference is the collar, which has a more traditional athletic cut this time around (instead of the 5-Star's thumb-heel tab). They'll be releasing in regular colorways in Spring 2012.

6riyy1.jpg

ei5ilk.jpg

EDIT: More adidas football info from the Fall 2012 team catalog

specs on the adiZero Smoke
hx4x1s.png

2zq52zk.png

adiZero 5-Star Mid
29atyzc.png

s2xjps.png

Originally Posted by VTRAN

No, he is signed with Russell and obviously Russell doesnt make cleats. Thats why the checks are whited out so you cant see them
Isn't he (Romo) with Starter?

Yea the Smoke is interesting. I was pretty set on getting the new Vapor Talon, but the Smoke has me rethinking it.

The Smoke looks like it has a thicker, more supportive upper than the 5-Star Low (which only weighs .3 ounces less), and the collar seems to have a much nicer fit. I wasn't a fan of the thumb-tab on the heel of the 5-Star Low.

yeah every ounce counts to me.. but i want a all black pair of the smoke's. yeah and i wasnt feeling the thumb tab on the heel either.

Here are a few my photos from the Stanford - Notre Dame football game on Saturday.  Since it was fan appreciation night, fans were allowed on the field after the game.  I hope they release the Nike football socks.
9dc3683a6a52ed8d240012875cfa3aa13b3e8f8a_r.jpg

50d266f6a3e812ce18f585356f5caa3a16f9ea5c_r.jpg

7022646631e3e247193522373392d48626365557_r.jpg

df436a736c5fe10725cc15ca5a1f33cc66191556_r.jpg
7d626d2633e9024515e5413158db4c48f30901a5_r.jpg

^Nice pictures. I usually don't make a big deal out of socks, but I would probably buy one pair of those if they ever released.

Some cleats I noticed watching tonight's Saints game:

Drew Brees in a PE gold plate pair of Super Bad 3's
19765e728bf9fe793aac2c7792eb035f-getty-134227631.jpg

Lance Moore back at it on NikeID
ap-201111282030738500150.jpg

He had previously worn these, which I think are quite nice:
e88cf91c2e02929f0b9401f67ed615ac-getty-131639342.jpg

Anybody elses Vapor Carbon SG gloves smell like death? If you know how to prevent it let me know, because that smell is just terrible.

if u keep em in a plastic bag or even the box, dont do that. that will build up the smell. there's really no way of preventing it because its sweat from your hands. i would throw em in the wash

Spray Lysol in them after every time you wear them. It kills all the fungus and all the other crap. I had the same issue when I was younger and played more and that always solved the issue.

I just saw Mike Williams on ESPN about killed a guy and noticed his PE Jordan XIV's so I thought I'd look them up. so dope.

340fdcdd12f442a4bd7a7e1ee4e14939--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg

Thanks for the pictures.  There are some nice shots in there. Here are my thoughts: 
#1 The Cincy Adidas socks are interesting.  If I was into Adidas, they would be a must cop.  Like you always hear in the NFL, mostly from Jaws and Gruden, "It's a copy-cat league out there.  The same goes for gear and socks.  I dont know which came first, but you have Nike Elite basketball socks (worn by many college football players), the Nike football socks.  Now there are Under Armour and Adidas football socks.  Copy-cat league.

#2 Mike Williams' Air Jordan XIV cleats look good, but the green doesn't match the lime green trim on the uniforms.  The lime green Nike Superbad SG gloves look great with the uniforms.

#3 Marshawn Lynch's Nike Vapor Jet gloves in lime green/black look great.  The lime green laces are a nice touch.  And Lynch is a beast! (Even though he still eats skittles after every touchdown as a treat from his mother.  I guess he is just a different version of the cookie monster.) Can anybody identify his cleats, the look like Vapor Talons.

#4 Chris Johnson' cleats look like they are 3/4 Nike Zoom Carbon Vapor Fly.  Can anybody confirm this? I always love how he wear all red gloves to match the little bit of red on the helmet decal of the Titans.

#5 I have loved every season of Stephen Jacksons gear that is gold.  "I love g-o-o-o-ld! The look of it! The smell of it! The taste of it! The texture!" -Goldmember   

His gold gloves and cleats every season are impressive.

Back
Top Bottom