NFL/NCAA Feet: '11-'12 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc.

Lets have a great year
pimp.gif

Some training camp spotting.

Just over a week after appearing on the Sports Illustrated cover wearing a PE Alpha Speed TD (with some holes in the toebox)...
jpd9ug.jpg

Fitzgerald is now wearing a blacked-out pair of Super Speed TD 3/4
33e7w5g.jpg

2laylvo.jpg

Bonus image; Fitzgerald on his Segway
2zgd7k9.jpg

Brees has changed out of the LT Superbad and into the Super Bad 3 (with a TD plate)
21l907c.jpg

Ochocinco is back in the original Reebok 4-Speed D, which I believe he wore a little last year. Is Reebok preparing to cease production of cleated footwear? They haven't come out with a new pair of football or soccer cleats in over a year, which has me wondering.
2njj3p3.jpg

2vv9cgp.jpg

Darren Sproles in a nice looking pair of Alpha Speed TD
ea4nx1.jpg

Tim Hightower in the same colorway of the Alpha Speed TD
1z4zrx5.jpg

Tim Tebow in a PE Alpha Talon
ioi0t4.jpg

Matt Ryan also in the Alpha Talon
35jwhs7.jpg

Michael Vick in the Super Bad 3 TD
15mn4o0.jpg

Cam Newton in the Under Armour Surge II 5/8 MC
9zvvht.jpg

cam someone tell me why Fitzgerald has holes in his cleats?! from the sports illustrated picks. looked like they were done on purpose.

Despite their embarrassment of riches in terms of uniforms already, we will see Oregon Ducks Pro Combat uniforms this season, specifically in their season opener against LSU.

LSU Pro Combat gear will appear as well, however the Tigers will save theirs for their October 22nd date with Auburn.

A couple more conference rivalries will showcase the gear, with Michigan State wearing Pro Combat against Michigan on October 15th, while Ohio State will don Pro Combat against Wisconsin on October 29th.

The non-conference slate will also be heavy on the special edition Nike gear, with Boise State and Georgia both suiting up in Pro Combat for their opening weekend clash, while Stanford will Pro Combat-ize against Notre Dame on November 27th.

And in a game that often results in rather memorable uniform, both we will see both Army Pro Combat and Navy Pro Combat when the two teams face-off on December 10th.
Stay tuned for more details. I promise to bring you pictures of the uniforms as soon as is humanly possible

Originally Posted by yuchizzel

cam someone tell me why Fitzgerald has holes in his cleats?! from the sports illustrated picks. looked like they were done on purpose.
Yea it is intentional. You can see Miles Austin did it to his cleats in the SI cover from last year's training camps:
ayrn7q.jpg

As for why: I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it's to relieve pressure on the big toe and on the rest of the cleat in general. That might not be exactly right, but I'm certain there's someone on NikeTalk who will be able to clarify.

its more of a perfect fit for the receivers. instead of getting a big shoe and having room to slide when they break down, they get a size smaller and cut the toe box

Reebok still makes new Football cleats, you just gotta check out certain players like Reggie Wayne, DeMarcus Ware and the Manning brothers.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Reebok still makes new Football cleats, you just gotta check out certain players like Reggie Wayne, DeMarcus Ware and the Manning brothers.
Ah, that's true. Wayne is wearing the new U-Form 4Speed, and Eli has on something unidentifiable that is probably new (albeit unavailable). It does seem like they've given up on most sports though. The 4Speed Wayne wears is only available on Finish Line's website, and aside from those there isn't anything new coming out of the Reebok stable. They've been pretty stagnant with their soccer and baseball releases, and in basketball their only new release seems to be John Wall's next ZigTech sneaker. I'm wondering if they're trying to focus more on workout gear and training sneakers instead of sport-specific products.

Originally Posted by Caerus

Originally Posted by My Hustle So Russell

Stanford got Pro Combats 
pimp.gif

Pics?
I think he's referencing the blurb that PleaseSayTheBaby23 posted above. Find the full article here.

Originally Posted by Baydestrian408

its more of a perfect fit for the receivers. instead of getting a big shoe and having room to slide when they break down, they get a size smaller and cut the toe box
Yea thats it but if you ask me they should just have the equipment manager get them some of the old vapors that was like track shoes

and the NFL & NCAA needs to let players wear the special tinted oakleys again! A lot of players wear them in practice I know Rickey Williams had one on this season during warm ups and the refs came up to him and made him take it off. I still have my 20% all black Oakley from high school that I could sneak in for 5 or 6 plays until they noticed
laugh.gif

O and my Volt socks are finally being delivered today 
eyes.gif

I will post pics with my cleats n socks soon as they get here

Whenever I think of those dark tinted Oakley visor shields the first guy that comes to mind is Sean Taylor (RIP).
Interesting to see Sproles in Nike. He has always been a Reebok guy I thought.

KU's new Tech Fit jerseys. I know Tenn, Nebraska, & ND got there's last year but hey for us its new, lol. I like the look of em, slimmer cut and very much on par w/ what Nike has to offer jersey wise. 

ku_fbc_media_opurum_1_t640.jpg

Oh and @ Caerus....I haven't heard of them shooting a second series of the "Gridiron." They shot some stuff for the preseason and Spring Ball but that's been it so far. Damn shame because that and the Ga Tech victory were about the only highlights from the year, lol.

Originally Posted by langfor5

Whenever I think of those dark tinted Oakley visor shields the first guy that comes to mind is Sean Taylor (RIP).
Interesting to see Sproles in Nike. He has always been a Reebok guy I thought.

KU's new Tech Fit jerseys. I know Tenn, Nebraska, & ND got there's last year but hey for us its new, lol. I like the look of em, slimmer cut and very much on par w/ what Nike has to offer jersey wise. 

ku_fbc_media_opurum_1_t640.jpg

Oh and @ Caerus....I haven't heard of them shooting a second series of the "Gridiron." They shot some stuff for the preseason and Spring Ball but that's been it so far. Damn shame because that and the Ga Tech victory were about the only highlights from the year, lol.
Nothing is on par with what Nike has to offer.....especially when it comes to football

@ Caerus...don't know if you saw my last post about your question concerning the 'Gridiron' series KU did last year or not. They filmed some stuff in the Spring but I haven't heard anything since if they are going to pick it back up for the rest of the year. If they don't its a damn shame because it was one of the best documentaries covering a football team I have seen since 'Hard Knocks.'
Jerheme Urban rocking what looks to be white Speed TD's...?

fjvcd.St.81.jpg

Brandon Carr rocking what look to be ID 4.2's?

CQr0A.SlMa.81.jpg

3 things

1) have anybodies vapor carbons worn out in the heels resulting in very large blisters on your heels? i got a pair off of nikeID in april, and have used them a good amount, but this has never happened before.

2) has anybody tried the underarmour cleats, nitro line in particular. what do you think of them regarding break-in time, comfort, fit, traction.

3) not sure if you guys know about this, but there is a site called dowdlesports, it has most nike cleats all on discounted rates, vaporcarbons for 89, talons for 160. its a good site even though its a little sketchy

thanks a lot

^ i've had my vapors since june and used them almost the entire month of june for spring football, and then at least 4-5 hours a week from 7 on 7 and camps, and had no problems.
do you wear socks that are cut right at your ankles? I've worm crew socks whenever i wear my cleats and i'm fine.

Originally Posted by OnlyFootball

Originally Posted by yuchizzel

Yea it is intentional. You can see Miles Austin did it to his cleats in the SI cover from last year's training camps:
ayrn7q.jpg

As for why: I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it's to relieve pressure on the big toe and on the rest of the cleat in general. That might not be exactly right, but I'm certain there's someone on NikeTalk who will be able to clarify.
Alright good look guys

Back
Top Bottom