NFL/NCAA Feet: '11-'12 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc.

Good info ATL; I didn't know that at all and its bad since I am a Niner fan lol. K-Swiss; really, of all the brands, Patrick, K-Swiss??? How can you endorse a brand that doesn't make any equipment/cleats in your own mainstay sport?? OnlyFootball, probably so, I can't tell because its spatted so heavily. But I still wonder how UA feels about Davis wearing Nike gloves.

Originally Posted by MP23

Has anyone noticed that two of UA's biggest names, Vernon Davis and Patrick Willis, have been wearing Nike gloves? Davis I know has been wearing them since the end of last year; while I just noticed in yesterday's Niner game that Willis was wearing Vapor Jets. I am very surprised to see that, especially since its not like UA doesn't make football gloves. Both are still wearing UA cleats however, even though Willis has spatted his so heavily, you can't see the logo.

Is UA an approved glove company? I cant remember but that could be one reason

Originally Posted by GeorgeFrisch

Originally Posted by MP23

Has anyone noticed that two of UA's biggest names, Vernon Davis and Patrick Willis, have been wearing Nike gloves? Davis I know has been wearing them since the end of last year; while I just noticed in yesterday's Niner game that Willis was wearing Vapor Jets. I am very surprised to see that, especially since its not like UA doesn't make football gloves. Both are still wearing UA cleats however, even though Willis has spatted his so heavily, you can't see the logo.

Is UA an approved glove company? I cant remember but that could be one reason

They're definitely approved - I've seen Brady and Julio Jones wearing them, just to name a couple.

Also makes you wonder why Devin Hester left UA...
images

I think this is Catcher or MP's picture but keeping with the retro movement that Nike is going with...I would LOVE it if Nike retro'd these gloves with updated SG tack on them. Would buy them in a heart beat.  

Patrick Wilis is with KSWISS, Brian Cushing who is with UA has been wearing UA gloves since he made the switch.

Are you guys ready for all the new cleats?!? Come bowl season we should see all the new stuff come up.. Finally that time again!

Originally Posted by VTRAN

Patrick Wilis is with KSWISS, Brian Cushing who is with UA has been wearing UA gloves since he made the switch.

Are you guys ready for all the new cleats?!? Come bowl season we should see all the new stuff come up.. Finally that time again!

Not sure if you missed it, but the new nike cleats are in the newest nike team football catalogs.

Originally Posted by langfor5

images

I think this is Catcher or MP's picture but keeping with the retro movement that Nike is going with...I would LOVE it if Nike retro'd these gloves with updated SG tack on them. Would buy them in a heart beat.  
I would buy 5 pairs as well man, my absolute favorite Nike glove design ever. The Magnigrip Elite Remix was a nice representation of those but just not the same.  Nike did re-release this exact pair, sans the Alpha Project dots, a year later with the much stickier and shinier palm.  Should of known then to pick some pairs up.

Originally Posted by langfor5

images

http://
Yes these were my favorite glove design ever even though the seems split rather easy. http://www.eastbay.com/im...cts/large/0029-009_l.jpg

Originally Posted by K23J

lil teaser of something i got in the other day. Have a very special meaning to me.

311482_10150416067027442_579372441_10074815_1495837461_n.jpg
I assume those are the support the troops gloves from the spring game?  Very cool, I saw them on ebay but they were pretty pricey

Those ones that were on ebay originally had a buy it now of i think $200.

I just paid my car payment otherwise they would have been mine
frown.gif

does anyone know how much the Jordan BCT Speed Low weigh? also another question for you guys.. do any of you wear soccer cleats to play football, like the Nike Mercurial Vapor Superfly III FG? they are lighter than my nike zoom vapor carbon fly td's, so i wonder if it would be better for me since i play wide out and safety. but i maybe just not as durable as football cleats.

Originally Posted by just another pair

does anyone know how much the Jordan BCT Speed Low weigh? also another question for you guys.. do any of you wear soccer cleats to play football, like the Nike Mercurial Vapor Superfly III FG? they are lighter than my nike zoom vapor carbon fly td's, so i wonder if it would be better for me since i play wide out and safety. but i maybe just not as durable as football cleats.
You can use soccer cleats if you'd like, I actually used mercurial vapors for a season (wr) and they were perfect. In fact a lot of the lo cut cleats from Nike and Adidas for football are modeled after their soccer cleats. Like you mentioned the materials are just thinner so your chances of using outside of one full season are low.

Originally Posted by just another pair

I have the BCT Speed Lows, but I don't know exactly how much they weigh. They are noticeably lighter than my pair of Carbon Vapors though. I'd say they are along the lines of the Alpha Ones. (Sub 10oz).

I have a lot of friends that use soccer cleats for football. The only thing that is bad with them is they are missing the spikes on the toe of the cleat. I've seen a lot of guys fall trying to make a direction switch/cut.

Hey guys, my first real post.  All the stuff I bought in Oct.  May look like overkill but I couldn't pass them up.

m222575301.jpg

m222472443.jpg

That is one heck of a way to introduce yourself. Welcome.

Looks like you need the pink Vapor Carbons and Super Bads and you would just about have it all.

Nice stuff you got going there.

Had 2 pairs of BCA socks and ended up giving a pair to my girl, almost asked for em back tho lol but she'll wear em a lot more often than me

Slightly off-topic, but I got to race Willie Gault (dude still runs a sub 11 100m @ 50 years old!) for having the best 40 time at my charity event this past weekend.  I went with my volt socks since I never ended up getting my hands on any of the BCA pairs.  I did buy the BCA hoodie though.  He's a really nice guy, pretty cool experience: 
b25164682fb6f8048a3e5b898dc731ab7b22e8fa_r.jpg

Back
Top Bottom