NFL/NCAA Feet: '11-'12 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc.

Originally Posted by cutthroat

Originally Posted by aswada

Eastbay has the Elite Alphas online. Looks like all sizes are in stock.

http://www.eastbay.com/pr...CH%3A%20KEYWORD%20SEARCH

Thanks for the link.  I am so worried about the plate color difference in the photo's that I hedged my bets an bought a pair from Eastbay.  
@Bryscooplaygrif:  I have seen that often there are photo discrepancies between the Nike catalog and Eastbay.  Also, I think sometimes the prototype or first run is slightly different than the general release.  I just hope that the photo's are wrong on DicksSporting Goods.  The gold plate makes the cleats for me.
I can see where you are coming from there.  I don't love the cleats but the colorblocking is unique.  I am rolling the dice with the Ric H ards version and if they aren't up to snuff they will be returned with quickness taking advantage of their free shipping both ways policy.  I am curious to see the vapor trainers in person.  Am hoping they are similar to the Lunar Gato CR7 soccer shoes from a few years back....

I'm with cutthroat on the importance of the plate coloring too.  My pair from Richard's is supposed to arrive on Thurs, so I'll report back if no one else has gotten theirs at that time.  I bought the trainers and cleats separately from ndc bc I know there's a chance I don't keep the trainers.  I'm hoping the silver part is as shiny as it appears to be on the cleats - if that's the case, I'll likely keep them despite my preferences for air max soles.

I feel reasonably confident that the photo is just wrong on Richard's site - wouldn't make sense for the shoes to be different.

Whats the difference in sizes between Medim and Large volt socks? If anybody knows and can help that would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by VTRAN

Whats the difference in sizes between Medim and Large volt socks? If anybody knows and can help that would be greatly appreciated.

M= 6-8 and a little shorter than L (8-12)

Originally Posted by BuddhaShark

My Pack is sitting on my porch. I will post pics when I get home.
NDC actual PACK or two separate shoes ( from Ric H ards)?  I am stoked to see pics either way.  Mine arrive tomorrow from the latter. Crossing fingers they are the same as the ones in the pack.

My Pack is sitting on my porch. I will post pics when I get home.

I have to wait till Friday...  I wonder why Nike takes forever to ship?  Eastbay shipped it the next day after I ordered.  I guess too much traffic.

Sometimes I experience the same thing with NDC where they will not ship your item until like 2 or 3 days later.....Eastbay is usually always the same day or next day.....

Strange....

Here it is.  I got the pack from ndc.  Never got a shipping confirmation from Nike but I used the track by reference trick, that was discussed in the red dope thread, this morning and it said out for delivery.  I get a text from my girlfriend at noon that says, "Theres more than one pair of cleats in this heavy *+% box!"  Anyway here we go.  Part of the box was ripped.  I was hoping for a surprise to justify the extra $15 but no luck.  Just the standard drawstring backpack that comes with all nike football cleats.  Here goes the pics.

Now I'm gonna go try them on.  If they don't fit, I'll either be taking PMs or I'll send them back to Nike.  I'm curious to see if they sell them again with the ripped box or if they break them down and sell individually.  Sorry for the lighting in the pics.  I don't own a real camera, so until someone else gets theirs, the phone is what you get.

On a side note, does anyone know how these so called "on demand" cleats work. They don't seem to extend or retract.

They look as awesome as I was hoping, I can't wait to get mine tomorrow.  That drawstring bag looks pretty dope too, I hope those of us that just ordered the cleats alone get that as well.

BuddhaShark - I'm guessing you need to exert serious force to make them engage (I'm guessing you're just pressing with your hands?). 

On a side note, does anyone know how these so called "on demand" cleats work. They don't seem to extend or retract.

I'm pretty sure the bag will come with just the cleats.  I am just pushing with my fingers, but I'm pushing pretty hard and they aren't going anywhere.
Update

The cleats come with a pair of "gold" laces.  They are more like a tan color similar to the 49ers pants.

The laces have metal tips.  Gold on the grey and silver on the gold.

My "gold" laces are actually two different colors but probably not noticeable when one lace is put in each shoe.  On lace is also thicker than the other.

Originally Posted by GeorgeFrisch

Im sorry if this is a noob comment but wat is the website to NDC?

nike.com, nikestore.com, or niketown.com should all work.  NDC is an acronym for nike dot com.

Just got my vapor talon elite's in. Ordered from Eastbay and the box got somewhat messed up. Here are some pics taken from my iPhone:
jpelb4.jpg

r7n11l.jpg

533c6o.jpg

rmin0m.jpg

fa1v1c.jpg

been noticing packs have been disappearing off ebay before they should have.. any word on this?
AND my pack is coming in tomorrow, def will post pics. I noticed on the cleats that come in the pack, the silver fades to gold on the plate but on the individual cleats its just like a white, anybody else notice this?

I'm pretty sure the bag will come with just the cleats.  I am just pushing with my fingers, but I'm pushing pretty hard and they aren't going anywhere.
Update

The cleats come with a pair of "gold" laces.  They are more like a tan color similar to the 49ers pants.

The laces have metal tips.  Gold on the grey and silver on the gold.

My "gold" laces are actually two different colors but probably not noticeable when one lace is put in each shoe.  On lace is also thicker than the other.
I hear ya - but pressing as hard as you can with your fingers vs. pushing off with all your body weight on the balls of your feet - you're talking about totally different magnitudes of force.  To be fair, I've searched for video trying to see the cleats extend and couldn't come up with anything.  Frankly, I think it's probably more gimmicky than anything...anyone who's worn the Alpha Talons have an opinion?

Thanks for the update...gold laces sound like a nice little touch.  The pics you guys have posted have me real anxious to get mine tomorrow!

Hi guys!  Will i be able to find Nike Vapor Jet gloves at Niketown San Francisco?  I'm from the Philippines and will be going to the States for vacation on March.  I will be staying at Sunnyvale, California and i assume the nearest would be Niketown San Francisco.  Any help?

OT: I'm also looking for SF 49ers football helmet, would i be able to find it at any local sports store in SF or do i have to order one online?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by pack888

Hi guys!  Will i be able to find Nike Vapor Jet gloves at Niketown San Francisco?  I'm from the Philippines and will be going to the States for vacation on March.  I will be staying at Sunnyvale, California and i assume the nearest would be Niketown San Francisco.  Any help?

OT: I'm also looking for SF 49ers football helmet, would i be able to find it at any local sports store in SF or do i have to order one online?

Thanks!
What color Nike Vapor Jet gloves are you looking for?  The SF Niketown is the nearest to Sunnyvale.  Many other sporting goods stores in the the area will have Vapor Jet gloves.  
I dont know about the helmet. Im sure there is a store that sells Niners helmets, but I couldnt tell you where.  It might be easier for you to order the helmet online and have it shipped to the address you are staying at in Sunnyvale and then you can just take it home with you on your return flight.

Originally Posted by GZA73

Does anyone remember what the retail on the Alpha Pack was last year?

$325

Wow.  The Alpha pack was such a better deal compared to this years pack when you consider the individual prices of what you get.
Alphas: $195

Huaraches: $125

Duffle: $65-$75 depending whether it was the small or the medium

Total Value: $385-$395

Plus velvet dust bags for each shoe.

This year we have to pay $15 extra for a shoe box

Back
Top Bottom