NFL/NCAA Feet: '11-'12 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc.

Originally Posted by jayli

Originally Posted by BuddhaShark

On a side note, does anyone know how these so called "on demand" cleats work. They don't seem to extend or retract.

I'm pretty sure the bag will come with just the cleats.  I am just pushing with my fingers, but I'm pushing pretty hard and they aren't going anywhere.
Update

The cleats come with a pair of "gold" laces.  They are more like a tan color similar to the 49ers pants.

The laces have metal tips.  Gold on the grey and silver on the gold.

My "gold" laces are actually two different colors but probably not noticeable when one lace is put in each shoe.  On lace is also thicker than the other.
I hear ya - but pressing as hard as you can with your fingers vs. pushing off with all your body weight on the balls of your feet - you're talking about totally different magnitudes of force.  To be fair, I've searched for video trying to see the cleats extend and couldn't come up with anything.  Frankly, I think it's probably more gimmicky than anything...anyone who's worn the Alpha Talons have an opinion?

Thanks for the update...gold laces sound like a nice little touch.  The pics you guys have posted have me real anxious to get mine tomorrow!

Are the "On Demand" the lime green cleat tips?  Does anyone have the actually technology description from Nike?

Originally Posted by cutthroat

I'm pretty sure the bag will come with just the cleats.  I am just pushing with my fingers, but I'm pushing pretty hard and they aren't going anywhere.
Update

The cleats come with a pair of "gold" laces.  They are more like a tan color similar to the 49ers pants.

The laces have metal tips.  Gold on the grey and silver on the gold.

My "gold" laces are actually two different colors but probably not noticeable when one lace is put in each shoe.  On lace is also thicker than the other.
I hear ya - but pressing as hard as you can with your fingers vs. pushing off with all your body weight on the balls of your feet - you're talking about totally different magnitudes of force.  To be fair, I've searched for video trying to see the cleats extend and couldn't come up with anything.  Frankly, I think it's probably more gimmicky than anything...anyone who's worn the Alpha Talons have an opinion?

Thanks for the update...gold laces sound like a nice little touch.  The pics you guys have posted have me real anxious to get mine tomorrow!

Are the "On Demand" the lime green cleat tips?  Does anyone have the actually technology description from Nike?
They are pretty much VOLT in color.  Confirming that the Vapor cleats from *!@@% sold separately have the gold to silver fade foot plate and the bag as well.  Pics to follow if you guys want 'em.

in my search about how they work, this was literally the best I could do.  At around the 30-35 sec mark, there's an animation showing how the cleats extend and retract that lasts for about half a second.  That's the only visual I've seen.

Thanks for confirming the gold fade on the shoes from Richard's - can't wait to get home and check em out in person!

Looks gimmicky.

Whats the harm of just keeping the cleats in the mold, at all times. Versus having them "on demand"

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Looks gimmicky.

Whats the harm of just keeping the cleats in the mold, at all times. Versus having them "on demand"
I agree - that's why I'm curious about anyone who's used the Alpha Talons.  Plus in football, your force is pretty much always on the balls of your feet.  I only got them for the looks.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Looks gimmicky.

I agree - that's why I'm curious about anyone who's used the Alpha Talons.  Plus in football, your force is pretty much always on the balls of your feet.  I only got them for the looks.

I don't feel any difference at all. I think they are too clunky and prefer the Alpha speeds over the talons.  Nike needs to ship my cleats
frown.gif

Does anyone know where online you could find 2012 Nike style sheet for NCAA logo tees?

Originally Posted by CatchnTDs

Originally Posted by Baydestrian408

Heads up, Richards has size 11 and 11.5 in the pack left.
Richards?  I could use size 11.5 Do they have a website
DicksSportingGoods.com  Because of the censor, Richards is the nickname.

These run small to me!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
 I wear a sz.12 in most everything and these are tight!
My box only got a small tear

Hey guys im new to forums. Im not sure if this has been touched upon before but does anyone know when the ua highlight cleat is coming out? My decision for next season is gonna be b/t that and the vapor talons. Btw i love the bag that comes with elite 51 pack 
pimp.gif

I got both of my pairs today from Richard's and NDC - NDC didn't even send me an email with a tracking number so I had no idea.  Not a big fan of the trainers, prob gonna return those.  Look pretty boring, I think.  Was a little disappointed that some of the mesh is just a dull grey rather the shiny chrome on some parts of the shoe.  But man I love the bottoms!

I got both of my pairs today from Richard's and NDC - NDC didn't even send me an email with a tracking number so I had no idea.  Not a big fan of the trainers, prob gonna return those.  Look pretty boring, I think.  Was a little disappointed that some of the mesh is just a dull grey rather the shiny chrome on some parts of the shoe.  But man I love the bottoms!

So for a 2nd confirmation (thanks to Bryscooplaygrif for the first confirmation) about the cleat plate, there is no difference between the cleats from Richard's and NDC?

Originally Posted by Pats4Life128351

Hey guys im new to forums. Im not sure if this has been touched upon before but does anyone know when the ua highlight cleat is coming out? My decision for next season is gonna be b/t that and the vapor talons. Btw i love the bag that comes with elite 51 pack 
pimp.gif

UA Highlights?? What are you a professional wrestler?? lol this is a Nike thread of course were all gonna say Vapor Talons..

Originally Posted by VTRAN

Originally Posted by Pats4Life128351

pimp.gif

UA Highlights?? What are you a professional wrestler?? lol this is a Nike thread of course were all gonna say Vapor Talons..
Got my cleats today!  I wouldn't mind wearing the Highlights, no more spending time getting spatted up.

So for a 2nd confirmation (thanks to Bryscooplaygrif for the first confirmation) about the cleat plate, there is no difference between the cleats from Richard's and NDC?
Yup, no difference.  Unless they come out with a full gold cleat or another full chrome cleat (like the 4.2 vapor jets, wish I had another pair), I'm glad I copped 2 pairs of these.  I don't think the retractable cleat or flywire ultimately makes much of a difference in performance.  But I've been dreaming about gradient bottoms since I first saw them, and there's no better combo than gold & silver

Yup, no difference.  Unless they come out with a full gold cleat or another full chrome cleat (like the 4.2 vapor jets, wish I had another pair), I'm glad I copped 2 pairs of these.  I don't think the retractable cleat or flywire ultimately makes much of a difference in performance.  But I've been dreaming about gradient bottoms since I first saw them, and there's no better combo than gold & silver

Are these the Vapor Jet 4.2's that you were talking about?
d0726086d0e1a2a41005c63d1b35d960275a056a_r.png

The Vapor Jet 4.2 is definitely the best cleat I have ever had.  It is my favorite cleat, both in terms of look and feel.  The chrome color-way is also one of my favorites as well.  I wish I would of known when these came out.  I would still love to find a pair if I could.  Where did these release? Eastbay and NDC?

Yup, those are the ones.  Mine are shot to hell because I didn't take good care of them, but they still stand out even when beat up.  Pretty much all the chrome has chipped off though - I never wear cleats with chrome bottoms when there's a wet surface, since that causes them to chip off really fast.  I still have those gloves, although they're also pretty used up too.

That pair on ebay is actually my size, but no way I'm paying 400+ for them.  I'd do 200 at the most.  They released on both ndc and eastbay, soon after Larry Fitzgerald wore them in a game against the Giants (for which he got fined, obviously).

Yup, those are the ones.  Mine are shot to hell because I didn't take good care of them, but they still stand out even when beat up.  Pretty much all the chrome has chipped off though - I never wear cleats with chrome bottoms when there's a wet surface, since that causes them to chip off really fast.  I still have those gloves, although they're also pretty used up too.

That pair on ebay is actually my size, but no way I'm paying 400+ for them.  I'd do 200 at the most.  They released on both ndc and eastbay, soon after Larry Fitzgerald wore them in a game against the Giants (for which he got fined, obviously).
-Now that you mentioned it, I definitely remember Fitzgerald wearing them and the Eastbay release.  I think I just found out about the release too late to get them.
-I saw the pair on Ebay and I agree that the guy wants way too much.

-What about a wet surface versus a dry surface makes the chrome chip more?  What color are the bottoms now that they are chipped? Photos please!?

-From your photo you seem tall and you wear a size 9 in Vapor Jets? Im 5'8 and I wear a 10 in the Vapor Jets and normally a 9.5 in regular Nikes.

No idea what it is about the wet surface, but basically the first time I wore the vapor jets in wet conditions, a ton of the chrome chipped off.  Maybe the water gets into little nooks and then causes it to come off?  With my volt vapor carbons, I never wear them in the rain and after about a year, the bottoms are still in great shape.  I'll take pics and post them when I get home from work.  But mostly it's grey under the chrome, although in the forefoot it's clear - so you can see some weird stuff in the midsole.

I'm about 5'9, and I wear 9 for both cleats and regular Nikes.

I love the concept of the UA highlights, but I couldnt bring myself to wear UA's. too much of a Nike snob I guess.

I've had a few pairs of chrome bottom cleats, The last pair I actually wore, was a pair of speeds with full chrome bottoms. I wore them for a game that was cold and snowy/rainy, and the chrome was gone with a quickness. almost like the cold helped the chrome come off in bigger flakes. Saddest day ever.
tired.gif

i remember for a game i spray painted the hole bottom of my cleats chrome did a few layers too.. and since it was the last game i def wanted to sport the chrome look. but unfortunately it rained and by the end of the game the whole chrome bottom was gone lol

Back
Top Bottom