NFL/NCAA Feet: '11-'12 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc.

Originally Posted by aswada

Originally Posted by VTRAN

Originally Posted by Pats4Life128351

Hey guys im new to forums. Im not sure if this has been touched upon before but does anyone know when the ua highlight cleat is coming out? My decision for next season is gonna be b/t that and the vapor talons. Btw i love the bag that comes with elite 51 pack 
pimp.gif

UA Highlights?? What are you a professional wrestler?? lol this is a Nike thread of course were all gonna say Vapor Talons..
Got my cleats today!  I wouldn't mind wearing the Highlights, no more spending time getting spatted up.

Haha yea thats the main reason im considering the highlight. I cant find any Nike Str8 jackets in my size so might as well consider the next closest thing haha.

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Tried on - just screwing around with cell cam- not bad
I think the photo of the Trainers explains the On Deman function.  While walking the the volt-colored circular nipples will stay retracted on the bottom of the sole.  They stay retracted because the down force of the foot striking the ground is not large.  When running and cutting, the down force of the foot is much greater.  When the sole of the shoe strikes the ground, the sole cant move down any further, while the foot is still pressing down and compressing the sole which makes the volt-colored nipples extend outward thereby giving more traction "On Demand."

^Yea, but why not just have the traction there all the time? What is the advantage of having retracted "nipples" or studs? Seems like a total gimmick. Nike did something similar in their soccer division two or three years ago with the "Sense Stud" on the Superfly II and III, but it was a pretty colossal failure and the majority of endorsees who wore those cleats either asked for a custom soleplate without the sense stud or switched brands altogether. (Not that I think NFL players will do the same.)

Looks like my experience with the rain was similar to everyone else's re: the chrome chipping off.  At least I learned it quickly.  Here's a pic of my chrome 4.2s that got worn down, and then my volt vapor carbons that I never wear in the rain.  Pretty massive difference in terms of how well it lasts.  If the pic isn't big enough for you to see the details, just check out the heel of the 4.2s - you can see there's hardly any chrome left:

5e41636824bff2068cb0cd54c27f71455e6d2794_r.jpg

good thing theres grey soles under the chrome, makes it harder to see chipping from a distance.

Is it me or do I just have big feet?  I'm 5'9 and wear 12.5 or 13s.   Vapor talons with Navy gloves

w223729523.jpg

Is it me or do I just have big feet?  I'm 5'9 and wear 12.5 or 13s.   Vapor talons with Navy gloves

w223729523.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Both of those together just look so sick. I want the Navy Gloves sooo bad. Theyre my teams colors

thats a sick combo!
im mad i missed out on the cleats now

hopefully they release a volt colorway with a crazy bottom and ill be all over it

anybody have any suggestions for some good workout shoes for me? i have been dealing with shin splints and am thinking about getting some new workout shoes maybe with a little more cushioning. how are the new alpha trainers? dont they have the lunar foam or something like that?

Originally Posted by chiefs84

anybody have any suggestions for some good workout shoes for me? i have been dealing with shin splints and am thinking about getting some new workout shoes maybe with a little more cushioning. how are the new alpha trainers? dont they have the lunar foam or something like that?
If you're just lifting and no running, I suggest the 1.3 Mid trainers.  Hella comfy.  If your going to be running and lifting get the TR2s.

^ Nothing beats the Nike Huarache Trainer Mid TR. Best training shoes I have ever worn. I had the florida Gators pack and they were the best shoes

So from people's experience so far, do the Vapor Talons fit true to size?

I usually ordered a .5 to full size up in the Carbon Fly TD's bc I have a wide foot....

The first time I ordered the Carbon TD's, they were so tight the arches and heels of my feet hurt so bad during the game I almost couldn't wear them.

Originally Posted by MaxAir95

So from people's experience so far, do the Vapor Talons fit true to size?

I usually ordered a .5 to full size up in the Carbon Fly TD's bc I have a wide foot....

The first time I ordered the Carbon TD's, they were so tight the arches and heels of my feet hurt so bad during the game I almost couldn't wear them.
My size 9 Vapor Talons fit the same as size 9 Carbons, so if you ordered consistent with Carbons, you should be fine.

I'd order your size. I have wide feet also. They are pretty true to size. Unlike the carbon vapors they widen when you loosen up the laces. Length is also true to size. I'd order half a size up. I don't like it to be too tight

I'd order your size. I have wide feet also. They are pretty true to size. Unlike the carbon vapors they widen when you loosen up the laces. Length is also true to size. I'd order half a size up. I don't like it to be too tight

Thanks....I don't know why but the Carbons fit unusually tight for me but thats the way Nike made them for some reason.....the 4.2's were so much better in terms of fit and comfort.....

I'm anticipating that since the Talons have the Hyperfuse and breathable mesh material they will be a little more giving when you break them in. 

Originally Posted by MaxAir95

Thanks....I don't know why but the Carbons fit unusually tight for me but thats the way Nike made them for some reason.....the 4.2's were so much better in terms of fit and comfort.....

I'm anticipating that since the Talons have the Hyperfuse and breathable mesh material they will be a little more giving when you break them in. 
interesting, i felt that the 4.2's were small, I had to go .5 size up and they fit perfect. The carbons feel wider. I go true to size and they are snug

Anyone know if the Vapor Trainers are going to be released in different colors ? They'd make a great NFL team shoe ....

Originally Posted by HMack007

Anyone know if the Vapor Trainers are going to be released in different colors ? They'd make a great NFL team shoe ....

They have red/black, white/blue, and grey/volt if you missed out on the gold/silver.  It needs to stop raining so I can actually use my talons... 

Am not overly impressed with the vapor trainer- I think I prefer the 1.3 College Trainers from this past fall and the higher cut.  Probably should have gotten a bigger vapor elite cleat as well, but was going with my soccer cleat size- I think these run a little more on the narrow side-  Beautiful shoe though for sure.

Back
Top Bottom