NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

388C2581-6CAB-4FB3-9A34-CC305A073E95.png

Whew ... we dodged a bullet there

Afc playoffs:
Patriots - steelers - chargers - texans - chiefs - jets/browns (for 6th seed)

Nfc
Eagles - seahawks - saints - vikings - rams - panthers /bears (for 6th seed)

The Bears are loaded with talent. The only thing I'll add is that overall team success isn't always a linear progression in the NFL. And that can even be said with a proven Q.

The Vikings team makeup wasn't a whole lot different not too long ago. Probably less offensive potential, great young defense, it was all coming together, pending Teddy's progress. Win the division at 11-5, lose on an improbable missed GW FG by their kicker in the playoffs. Next season, Teddy gets hurt of course, so you don't see how that progresses, but regardless, things happen..Go 8-8 after 11-5 and with so much potential. Then repeat pattern the next 2 seasons. It's rare you get back-to-back division winners in the North these days. Not saying they can't do it, but things have to all continue to go right for them. And it's Bear hunting season for the rest of the North.

This is kinda towards what I was trying to say. All of the pieces look to be in place, but until I see it going to work on a week by week basis season to season, I can't just automatically stamp this as officially being their "window". They could have another great season. I could also easily see Minny winning the division. Or even Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay making a run for it (I know this board hates AR but whatever).

Hell, Atlanta or Carolina could have up years. Both teams have veteran QBs who've played in SBs.

Seattle, Dallas could do something, who knows.

I'm just not ready to fully Crown Chicago as a cream of the crop NFC team off one good season.

Can't wait for Eli to throw for 250+ Yds/3 TDs and get the W against those ***** asses in week 1. 4 weeks to go :pimp:

Nah I’m talking about the game they lost at home to Seattle that they should have won.

They should have showed up against Phila in that game but they choked

Rayne Dakota turning down that much is crazy

Dakota aint wrong tho.

That's what the market bears as of now.

Anyone that's next up gets the bag. Jimmy was the highest paid after playing an aight 5 games.

Say what you want about Dak; but in a short 3 years he's won ROTY, made 2 Pro Bowls, made the playoffs twice, and has always been above .500.

Dakota aint wrong tho.

That's what the market bears as of now.

Anyone that's next up gets the bag. Jimmy was the highest paid after playing an aight 5 games.

Say what you want about Dak; but in a short 3 years he's won ROTY, made 2 Pro Bowls, made the playoffs twice, and has always been above .500.
Idk man, he may be a little bit wrong

30 APY puts him barely outside the top 5 paid right now.

You're right about the market but only problem is Russ set the value before him this year, now he has to try negotiate against that.

If he wants to try and reset the market again more power to him doe

No one is paying top 5 money to Alex Prescott so I don’t see why they would with Dak Smith

Idk man, he may be a little bit wrong

30 APY puts him barely outside the top 5 paid right now.

You're right about the market but only problem is Russ set the value before him this year, now he has to try negotiate against that.

If he wants to try and reset the market again more power to him doe
Oh is he trying to reset the market or did I read it wrong?

His agent needs to key in on the guarantees if anything.

If he turned down that contract.... phew, that’s wild.

Unless he’s trying to share the wealth.

Oh is he trying to reset the market or did I read it wrong?

His agent needs to key in on the guarantees if anything.

Naw just my personal assumption he is. If he's turning down 30 a year I gotta think he wants as close to Russ' 35 or more

But yeah the whole hang up probably is where the gtd. % is and not the avg. when it's all said and done

How did ravens end up with some highly touted kicker and why is this guy highly touted. Never heard of him.

Back
Top Bottom