roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
S4 what a clown

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by Peep Game

I would think it would be a toss-up out of Brees and Rodgers too, but Matt Flynn didn't do Rodgers any favors Sunday
laugh.gif

Not sure if Chase Daniel could run the Saints offense like that.

What does Matt Flynn's performance yesterday have anything to do with Aaron Rodgers' performance over a 15 game span this season?  Especially against a team like Detroit with a pretty bad passing defense.

Just the fact that the Packers didn't miss a beat at all with Rodgers not in there. It's not really a knock on Rodgers, it shows how deep the
Packers are. Lions do have a bad pass D, but they still were a team fighting for positioning who had a chance at winning.

Man it was just one of those games... Rodgers called all the plays in the first half at least, clearly Flynn had the green light to throw the ball all game long.

he had 44 attempts, more than any total attempts than Rodgers has had all year aside from his 46 in the Giants game. (Rodgers threw for 4 TD's in that game btw, Giants D is a little bit better and the game was in NY.)

Lions moved the ball at will too, giving Flynn a stupid amount of possessions.  Jordy shoving dudes faces in the ground and Ryan Grant taking a ball thrown 2 yards in the air on a screen pass 80 yards.
laugh.gif
  Flynn had the perfect storm of things going his way in terms of being able to chuck the rock wherever and we didn't even try to run the football in the RZ.  Pretty obvious the Lions were not prepared for the bearded one.

Loved seeing the Cowboys lose
laugh.gif

In the playoffs while we were projected to be 0-16 and in the competition for Andrew Luck.
pimp.gif
This team is young as hell and a few pieces away from really being a force so I'm just excited to be where we're at. However, I do think that we can beat the Texans next week.

Eagles were really a Vick injury away from being in the playoffs.

Raiders.
laugh.gif
Fans ready to admit that giving us a 1st and 2nd round pick for Carson was dumb yet? Matt Flynn in the offseason would've been a better pickup IMO, but I guess being in competition for a playoff spot in the last week was worth it.
ohwell.gif

Mendenhall done for the season with torn ACL. How big of a blow is this for Pitt? They're essentially a passing team now.

Pittsburgh has the experience and Redman is pretty good. I don't think this is a reason they lose.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

People really in the moment if they don't think rodgers won't or shouldn't win the MVP

He shouldn't/won't after that Matt Flynn performance and the Brees performance.

Originally Posted by megatron

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

People really in the moment if they don't think rodgers won't or shouldn't win the MVP

He shouldn't/won't after that Matt Flynn performance and the Brees performance.

Right. That makes sense.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

The whole system QB thing in reference to A-Rod needs to stop immediately. Anyone who watched him play knows that his precision, pocket presence, and ability to scramble are unreal. I don't give a damn what the backup did, Rodgers was on an unreal level for 95 percent of the season. Impossible passes became routine. Brees should get consideration simply cause of the numbers he put up but I think Rodgers still wins it.

All of this. Ima just go ahead and say Flynn's performance was a fluke, I mean come on.

Flynns performance probably was a fluke but it WILL affect the voting, right or wrong. Honestly not a huge deal with Rasgard out, Redman had some fumbles yesterday but that's out of the ordinary and he does fine filling in. RBs are so interchangeable to me now besides a select few

This Co-MVP talk is stupid. Drew Brees threw the ball 150 times more than Rodgers. 150 TIMES! Do you have any idea what Rodgers stats would look like if he had 150 more attempts.

You're discrediting Rodgers cause he's blowing teams out, how does that make sense?

I don't think Flynn's performance was a fluke. Remember when Rodgers went down last year with that concussion, Flynn played very well and clearly he has shown progress since then.

People aren't giving him enough credit.

Originally Posted by AG 47

I don't think Flynn's performance was a fluke. Remember when Rodgers went down last year with that concussion, Flynn played very well and clearly he has shown progress since then.

People aren't giving him enough credit.

Originally Posted by Jay02

This Co-MVP talk is stupid. Drew Brees threw the ball 150 times more than Rodgers. 150 TIMES! Do you have any idea what Rodgers stats would look like if he had 150 more attempts.

You're discrediting Rodgers cause he's blowing teams out, how does that make sense?
i think it's more matt flynn's performance showing that the packers would still be a playoff team without rodgers...with the saints, who knows.

personally, if the packers were still undefeated, it's rodgers in a landslide. but now, you have two QBs just beasting out there. brees has set a pretty significant record. rodgers leads in rating and TDs. OPOY is rodgers hands down. MVP, there is an actual discussion that is warranted imo. where would the saints be without brees versus where would the packers be without rodgers.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

i think it's more matt flynn's performance showing that the packers would still be a playoff team without rodgers...with the saints, who knows.

personally, if the packers were still undefeated, it's rodgers in a landslide. but now, you have two QBs just beasting out there. brees has set a pretty significant record. rodgers leads in rating and TDs. OPOY is rodgers hands down. MVP, there is an actual discussion that is warranted imo. where would the saints be without brees versus where would the packers be without rodgers.
Rodgers won the head to head match for whatever that's worth.

Originally Posted by epox12

Rodgers won the head to head match for whatever that's worth.
yeah i mean thats fine and dandy. rodgers is the better QB. but that's not what MVP is. it's not who has the best statistical year. stats certainly are a HUGE part of the conversation, but it's also their relative importance to their team.

So you think Rodgers should win it unanimously? He aint Brady son
pimp.gif

Nah but really Rodgers this year > ____________

I see what you're saying but imo the Flynn argument is a terrible one. Now we're just throwing out 15 games worth of brilliance by Aaron Rodgers because we have a good back up 
indifferent.gif

Rodgers pass attempts is just as impressive as Brees yards. Rodgers played so well this season that he gave himself an opportunity to sit down, not throw the ball 15-20 more times because he's fighting for a win. Only came out with 1 loss compared to Brees 3, and he outplayed Brees head to head. imo its the other way around, Brees with the OPOY and Rodgers MVP. In no way am i trying to discredit Brees either, but multiple QB's did and would have done what Brees did if put in a similar scenario as him. He wasnt even the only one to break Marinos record this year. And he was one of 3 people to throw for 5000. Even Eli almost threw for 5000. 

I know we hate to say woulda coulda shoulda with stats, but Rodgers is so consistent we could probably estimate what he would have done if he threw the ball as much as Brees. He averages 310 yards a game. Throws the ball around 30 times a game. 150 more attempts is 5 extra games. He would have a total of 6,193 yards. If you wanna go by yards per attempt 9.2 times 150. He would have 6,023 yards. Again im not trying to make the argument of what Rodgers woulda had like its a lock. Im just trying to show how impressive Rodgers stats are given his amount of attempts. Something he didnt have a whole lot of cause he was too busy winning by a million all year long. Winning is whats more valuable not throwing for a ton of yards like every other QB in the league.

The fact that Rodgers won 15 games with 5 less games of work is more impressive than anything. His run game and defense have helped zero also. 

I see what you're saying but imo the Flynn argument is a terrible one. Now we're just throwing out 15 games worth of brilliance by Aaron Rodgers because we have a good back up 
indifferent.gif

Rodgers pass attempts is just as impressive as Brees yards. Rodgers played so well this season that he gave himself an opportunity to sit down, not throw the ball 15-20 more times cause their fighting for a win. Only came out with 1 loss compared to Brees 3, and he outplayed Brees head to head. imo its the other way around, Brees with the OPOY and Rodgers MVP And in no way am i trying to discredit Brees either, but multiple QB's did and would have done what Brees did if put in a similar scenario as him. He wasnt even the only one to break Marinos record this year. And he was one of 3 people to throw for 5000. Even Eli almost threw for 5000. 

I know we hate to say woulda coulda shoulda with stats, but Rodgers is so consistent we could probably estimate what he would have done if he threw the ball as much as Brees. He averages 310 yards a game. Throws the ball around 30 times a game. 150 more attempts is 5 extra games. He would have a total of 6,193 yards. If you wanna go by yards per attempt 9.2 times 150. He would have 6,023 yards. Again im not trying to make the argument of what Rodgers woulda had like its a lock. Im just trying to show how impressive Rodgers stats are given his amount of attempts. Something he didnt have a whole lot of cause he was too busy winning by a million all year long. Winning is whats more valuable not throwing for a ton of yards like every other QB in the league.
it goes both ways though...if rodgers stays in and throws more times a game, do the INT numbers go up? does the completion % go down? unlikely, i know...but thats why the shoulda coulda woulda stuff can't be taken into account. cause we'll never know.

the flynn argument isn't the fairest, i know. but how can you see that and not say, well the packers might be OK without rodgers. i dunno...at the end of the day rodgers will definitely win it, whether alone or as a co. but if it was co-mvps, i wouldn't say it was a bad decision.

So yall are saying Mike McCarthy is Coach of the Year right?
laugh.gif
For that system that he put in place that allowed his backup QB go balls deep into a divisional rival?
laugh.gif

Oh no you think its Harbaugh don't you... Okay.
laugh.gif
Which way do yall want it?

Maybe Ted Thompson GM of the decade!?!

Packers stock owning fans Owners of the year?

Back
Top Bottom