Nick Cannon goes White Face for an album...thoughts?

The effect is irrelevant. Stereotyping is sterotyping and racism is racism. But you're clearly too caught up in your emotions to care.

Dude took the opportunity to bring up how he was treated as justification for his own ignorance. When is that ever appropriate?

Lol I also like how he ignored how some of those stereotypes have been reinforced by places like world star hip hop and Rap music

what does any of what you said have to do with how ppl interpret things... playing the blame game and pointing fingers and saying what ppl should/shouldnt be doing has nothing to do with how ppl view interpret things...

The point was ppl believe and take things they see on tv/movies as fact... and view it as truths and feel as if they are retaining knowledge from it... Not who does what, why do they do it...and who fault is it as to why it happens..

So what is your ultimate point here? I have no idea where you are going with this

My point was that Hollywood shouldn't be looked upon to get history correct in a movie; not my fault people are dumb and believe what they see on the big screen

i'm just gonna label @StillIn729 and @LIONBLOOD as SUSPECTED white supremacist if they're truly gonna "act" this blind and be done with it

and you don't have to be white to be labeled as such :wink:

what are you talking about? what did I do to act blind about anything

I will wait...

Last edited:

The effect is irrelevant. Stereotyping is sterotyping and racism is racism. But you're clearly too caught up in your emotions to care.
Dude took the opportunity to bring up how he was treated as justification for his own ignorance. When is that ever appropriate?
Neil-deGrasse-Tyson-gif.gif

How the hell is the effect not relevant? Trayvon Martin & Jordan Davis are dead due to those stereotypes, the former Mayor of NY felt i should be stopped more than my white counterparts because of that.

Those stereotypes the MAIN stereotypes about Black men in this country. If you watch your Primetime TV their aren't many other depictions of black men outside of those typical stereotypes. That constraint doesn't exist for white people because their is literally EVERY kind of representation of white men throughout the media.

If basing things straight off media you wouldn't be able to categorize a white male into a certain attitude or character trait.

If basing off of Media people are going to categorize black men as Criminals, Rappers, Athletes, The one black guy who doesn't say much around his white friends.

Then we could add in the whole other discussion of social status and inequality in damn near every form of life.........

I honestly think white people aren't offended at all. I think they're more upset at the fact that someone's doing something that they're not allowed to do: Hey! If that black guy can do white face, then people shouldn't be mad when white people do black face!

I'll retract my statement if a white person on this board is 100% offended by Nick Cannon's actions. (not Nick Cannon, not his lameness, not the "reverse racism" but tell me how you feel when you saw a Black man with extra white stuff on his face.

Dave: Who?..... Who is Nick Cannon?

Son: Daddy..... Nick Cannon is Hilarious!

Dave: Man, **** you son! I'm glad you think he's so God damn hilarious because he just walked off with your school clothes money.

I honestly think white people aren't offended at all. I think they're more upset at the fact that someone's doing something that they're not allowed to do: Hey! If that black guy can do white face, then people shouldn't be mad when white people do black face!

I'll retract my statement if a white person on this board is 100% offended by Nick Cannon's actions. (not Nick Cannon, not his lameness, not the "reverse racism" but tell me how you feel when you saw a Black man with extra white stuff on his face.

I don't think anyone is offended by Nick Cannon; if I thought he was funny I would actually listen to the album but he is terrible

White Chicks and Dave Chappelle were at least funny in their own ways; White Chicks stupid funny and Chappelle was just hilariously funny

not really because the stereotypes placed on blacks and others ppl take literally and use it to discriminate and hold them back...

its plenty ppl who don't hire, arrest, mistreat etc... minorities based on stereotypes... Brittany Spears sales aint being affected because of stereotypes of white ppl cant dance.. When the last time a white person was denied a home/car etc... discriminated against because of having good credit stereotype...

When was the last time a white person was pulled over and harassed etc... for d.w.w because of stereotypes of loving their dog to much? It be one thing if stereotypes and racist thoughts towards whites was in someway denying, inhibiting, and discriminating them from liberties etc...

But tbh they are doing nothing short from profiting and benefiting from said stereotypes...The same cant be said about most minorities in particular, blacks

FTR i was agreeing with you just being sarcastic towards the other members, but with the amount of Naive (Or people acting as if they are) people in this thread i could see why u would think i was being real.

So what is your ultimate point here? I have no idea where you are going with this

My point was that Hollywood shouldn't be looked upon to get history correct in a movie; not my fault people are dumb and believe what they see on the big screen
no at first u said no one/ppl don't view movies/tv and take it for fact... then u tried to rebuttle and argue that...but once that fell through..and what you said was completely wrong... you played the divert game...and said oh well so... and... aint like im making ppl take it for fact... It aint my fault ppl are stupid... Blame the schools... etc..

iuno u etc.... but your stance and how u portrayed and diverted change subject...is a stereotypical prejudice/racist move...

aka the white guy who says oh theirs no such thing as d.w.b.... then when you prove it...they avoid it and deter from accepting that fact...and will say something along the lines..of well I aint a cop, im not the one out their doing d.w.b.... what do you want from me?

Oh well ish happen... but don't be pointing the fingers acting like its me personally doing the d.w.b...

Another attempt to get back in the spotlight, I guess. I honestly dont know why he would go this route, whatever though.

Nick Cannon is winning. He married Mariah. He can wear a garbage bag and roll around in dog **** for the rest of his life and he still will have a W next to his name.

Nick Cannon is winning. He married Mariah. He can wear a garbage bag and roll around in dog **** for the rest of his life and he still will have a W next to his name.
Maybe anyone else.

But no. Not Nick Cannon. All the money in the world will never change the fact that he's a lame. 

i'm just gonna label @StillIn729 and @LIONBLOOD as SUSPECTED white supremacist if they're truly gonna "act" this blind and be done with it

and you don't have to be white to be labeled as such :wink:

@Grey you might want to come in here and explain yourself because I find your comment pretty offensive

Ya'll see that Breakfast Club segment with Mariah? Nicks an afterthought

no at first u said no one/ppl don't view movies/tv and take it for fact... then u tried to rebuttle and argue that...but once that fell through..and what you said was completely wrong... you played the divert game...and said oh well so... and... aint like im making ppl take it for fact... It aint my fault ppl are stupid... Blame the schools... etc..

iuno u etc.... but your stance and how u portrayed and diverted change subject...is a stereotypical prejudice/racist move...

aka the white guy who says oh theirs no such thing as d.w.b.... then when you prove it...they avoid it and deter from accepting that fact...and will say something along the lines..of well I aint a cop, im not the one out their doing d.w.b.... what do you want from me?

Oh well ish happen... but don't be pointing the fingers acting like its me personally doing the d.w.b...

Yeah you make no sense; my point was who the hell cares what Hollywood does, they are a business and aren't in it to make sure movies are factually correct. It's a racist move because I could careless that Gods of Egypt used Gerard Butler as their lead actor?...ok :lol:

you are the one who took it in all different directions...leave it at that

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom