Nick Cannon goes White Face for an album...thoughts?

Let a white person make fun of a black person and it's racism, let a black person make fun of a white person and it's comedy. One of the strongest double standards out there.
Welcome to the real world champ.
Thanks. What's there to do around here? I'm tired of being bored on saturday nights.
guys it's not the movies fault that people are stupid.
Ignorance in and of itself is bad. To help perpetuate that ignorance is even worse.

if John Mayer painted his face black and put out a mock R&B album is that offensive or non offensive?

you talking about the same guy who said his **** is a white supremacist? nah, wouldn't be offensive at all.

you talking about the same guy who said his **** is a white supremacist? nah, wouldn't be offensive at all.

I just used a name; change it to Jason Mraz, Adam Levine, whoever then I don't care who you use as the white artist

I think part of the reason why this argument is lasting as long as it has is because the posters indifferent but accurate castings are arguing from their perspective instead of the average America whom isn't half as intelligent as they think.

It's the point dude has been trying to make. You may go read reviews and dig further to learn true history, but that's mean absolutely nothing in comparison to the average American whom believes half of what they see and everything they hear.
so the only solution is to stop Hollywood from making films; Hollywood is a business not an educational system. You can't control who chooses to learn what from a movie but Hollywood isn't going to stop making pictures for the purpose of making a profit.
What about the example of Roots that @shoelyesses spoke about earlier?

the person who ran away, hid and repped this should come out of hiding but he talked himself into circles

Being shown in a classroom is the school's fault, Gibson has stated numerous times he never said any of the movie was historically accurate which says more about the school than the film.
doesn't matter who fault it is...still doesn't change the facts and what has occurred... Who fault is it that now I just saw kids history books depicting mlk like he was damn near drake complexion... but many of kids will see this and think ok mlk was some damn near high yellow cat....

I know isn't quite impactful, but how many kids will see this and be like oh nah I don't believe it so imma go home and check...

How many students after history class watching red tails delved deeper and went to library did research homework to see if it was completely accurate...

Your giving ppl to much credit... your expecting ppl... ppl who in most part couldn't even tell your the 3 branches of govt... couldn't tell you their governor, city counselor, who know more about the real house ohs of any random city... could name all winners of American idol, 90% of their reading is blogs and twitter feeds...whose news consist of dish nation/tmz/wshh etc...

Yet they are going to take time from all this to read study etc.. and seek truth about a topic or subject after seeing a movie...lol. What America do you live in?

Your giving the general public at large waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much credit...especially with the aforementioned topic of the movie.. Outside of mlk, maybe rosa park etc... the average American knows little to nothing about black history. And majority of what little they know is hersay, rumors and what they seen/heard on tv...

I think part of the reason why this argument is lasting as long as it has is because the posters indifferent but accurate castings are arguing from their perspective instead of the average America whom isn't half as intelligent as they think.

It's the point dude has been trying to make. You may go read reviews and dig further to learn true history, but that's mean absolutely nothing in comparison to the average American whom believes half of what they see and everything they hear.

I really don't understand how people don't grasp that idea. The results of this movie is going to be people who are uneducated on Egyptian culture are going to go home believing that somehow European people were the gods of EGYPT. This isn't being done because somehow movie execs forgot how much media influences people. It's not being done because they couldn't find people of color to accurately portray the role.

this selection of the cast was used because one America still has a problem Placing black people in prominent powerful roles & two it falls in line with the lies that get taught at school... and it keeps in line the notion that black people earliest roots or history in the world were as Slaves. THAT IS THE ISSUE.

The fact of the matter is that Roots is used or can be used for educational purposes, that's the point.  Yes, there are exceptions to every rule, just wanted to highlight that for example. 

yes I get that but you picked one of the few exceptions; the overwhelming majority of films are about as accurate as saying the Super bowl was a close game this year besides the score

if John Mayer painted his face black and put out a mock R&B album is that offensive or non offensive?

You know people would be bent.

As far as this is concerned, no one cares, not every race is sensitive and nitpicks every single thing in pop culture.

What about the example of Roots that @shoelyesses spoke about earlier?
so it has to be a huge blockbuster success lol oh ok... again what about Cleopatra.. It was a big movie and was used in schools in teaching and history... I know cause we had it when I was a kid... And I know schools used red tails... and Lincoln... And ppl do and take it literally...lets not act like vast majority of ppl think Lincoln freed slaves because he was some sympathetic nice guy or something...

so it has to be a huge blockbuster success lol oh ok... again what about Cleopatra.. It was a big movie and was used in schools in teaching and history... I know cause we had it when I was a kid... And I know schools used red tails... and Lincoln... And ppl do and take it literally...lets not act like vast majority of ppl think Lincoln freed slaves because he was some sympathetic nice guy or something...

so what is your point? Schools pick and choose the movies they decide to use

Should Hollywood fold up because the education system chooses to remain lazy and let Hollywood teach history for them?

Yea the nerve of people pointing out the hypocrisy in one group who complains about racism so much being bigots themselves. The nerve. :lol:

how in any way, shape or form is this harming whites? how TF can Nick's "bigotry" even be compared to the **** whites have done? no, no, please tell me.

i can give you 100s of personal experiences where white ppls **** has cause me much harm caused by how they portray my image is in the media

WTF KINDA AFFECT DOES THIS HAVE ON WHITES!??

how in any way, shape or form is this harming whites? how TF can Nick's "bigotry" even be compared to the **** whites have done? no, no, please tell me.

i can give you 100s of personal experiences where white ppls **** has cause me much harm caused by how they portray my image is in the media

outside of them profiting from it...cant really think of anything else.

so what is your point? Schools pick and choose the movies they decide to use

Should Hollywood fold up because the education system chooses to remain lazy and let Hollywood teach history for them?
what does any of what you said have to do with how ppl interpret things... playing the blame game and pointing fingers and saying what ppl should/shouldnt be doing has nothing to do with how ppl view interpret things...

The point was ppl believe and take things they see on tv/movies as fact... and view it as truths and feel as if they are retaining knowledge from it... Not who does what, why do they do it...and who fault is it as to why it happens..

Apparently these days Things are racially even... Black people complain about race too much... and the stereotypes of not being able to dance, loving dogs, and having good credit are as offensive as being a criminal, A drug dealer, an alcoholic and uneducated.

Oh and let's not forget the HUGE disparity of roles and representations in the media... these Nick Cannon jabs are really going to hinder how people view them. :rolleyes

Pretty sure Mariah Carey is mixed with 4 different races/ethnicities

Her father is hispanic from Venezuela and her mom is Irish. She's not black at all, grew up in Long Island which is also predominantly white.

This is for a Nick Cannon album coming out on 4/1? :lol:

Yea the nerve of people pointing out the hypocrisy in one group who complains about racism so much being bigots themselves. The nerve.
laugh.gif

The effect is irrelevant. Stereotyping is sterotyping and racism is racism. But you're clearly too caught up in your emotions to care.

Apparently these days Things are racially even... Black people complain about race too much... and the stereotypes of not being able to dance, loving dogs, and having good credit are as offensive as being a criminal, A drug dealer, an alcoholic and uneducated.

Oh and let's not forget the HUGE disparity of roles and representations in the media... these Nick Cannon jabs are really going to hinder how people view them.
eyes.gif
not really because the stereotypes placed on blacks and others ppl take literally and use it to discriminate and hold them back...

its plenty ppl who don't hire, arrest, mistreat etc... minorities based on stereotypes... Brittany Spears sales aint being affected because of stereotypes of white ppl cant dance.. When the last time a white person was denied a home/car etc... discriminated against because of having good credit stereotype...

When was the last time a white person was pulled over and harassed etc... for d.w.w because of stereotypes of loving their dog to much? It be one thing if stereotypes and racist thoughts towards whites was in someway denying, inhibiting, and discriminating them from liberties etc...

But tbh they are doing nothing short from profiting and benefiting from said stereotypes...The same cant be said about most minorities in particular, blacks

Back
Top Bottom