NIKE 2010 PICS-AIR MAX UPTEMPO 97

Originally Posted by swingshot

dakid2301 said:
....As far as the Barkleys isnt this like the 3rd time and 2nd time in like 2 years? ..../quote]

It looks like a re-release of the shoe that dropped early last summer.

The 1994, 2003 and 2009 versions are different colorways.

1994 White/Black/Dark Concord
2003 White/Black/Sport Royal
2009 White/Black/Pure Purple.

Technically, none of the 3 OG Air Max2 CB colorways from 1994/95 have ever been retroed.
i had OG 94 barkleys....don't let da "name" of pure purple fool you..its da same damn color....

what they haven't done yet is color purple tab right on top of da air bubble yet.

305440012-2.jpg

2009 retro..see da seems right above da air bubble? da OGs had those filled in purple.

[table][tr][td]NIKE AR MAX UPTEMPO 97-WH/BK[/td][td]99207100 07.0[/td][td]91.99[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]1 UNIT(S) BACKORDERED UNTIL 07/08/2010[/td][/tr][tr][td]NIKE AR MX UPTEMPO 97-BK/SL/RD[/td][td]99207001 07.0[/td][td]159.99[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]1 UNIT(S) BACKORDERED UNTIL 08/27/2010[/td][/tr][/table]
Eastbay has them in their inventory, I ordered even though they aint releasing in a while, but the whites are priced different, confused on that, but I ordered anyway, right product number so it's a mistake on their part not mine, lol.

20% off entire order LKS1FAB2  
pimp.gif

those red/black barkleys are dopeness. Hopefully can cop 2 pairs along with those white/black uptempos.

i have to vent. the air trainer max 91 retro is of HORRIBLE quality. smh its a shame because its oneof my favorite shoes of all time. its made with the cheapest nubuck EVER. The ogs were butter but these aswell as the previous retro of these are pathetic.

Originally Posted by lateralus1082

Originally Posted by swingshot

dakid2301 said:
....As far as the Barkleys isnt this like the 3rd time and 2nd time in like 2 years? ..../quote]

It looks like a re-release of the shoe that dropped early last summer.

The 1994, 2003 and 2009 versions are different colorways.

1994 White/Black/Dark Concord
2003 White/Black/Sport Royal
2009 White/Black/Pure Purple.

Technically, none of the 3 OG Air Max2 CB colorways from 1994/95 have ever been retroed.

How come no one mentions these?

nike-air-max-cb2.jpg

I picked them up about 4-5 years ago at Foot Action.
those were a original color....modified slightly ( blackout bubble, grey swoosh replacing a purple one)

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i have to vent. the air trainer max 91 retro is of HORRIBLE quality. smh its a shame because its oneof my favorite shoes of all time. its made with the cheapest nubuck EVER. The ogs were butter but these aswell as the previous retro of these are pathetic.

That's a shame.  I was looking forward to these possibly being closer to the OG's than the first retros, but I guess not.  Oh well, I'll save my money.  I just don't think it would be that hard for them to get it right.

Uptempo's are hot. And why dudes so surprised to see the Barkley 94's dropping again? It sells, and Nike knows it.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

That's a shame.  I was looking forward to these possibly being closer to the OG's than the first retros, but I guess not.  Oh well, I'll save my money.  I just don't think it would be that hard for them to get it right.

imma have to dissagre wit both of ya...i own both da last retro and its durabuck...which in my opinion was better then da airmax suede that was on da OGs.....

I disagree with this also.  I have the retroes.  If you're talking about the colors being off on the grey/yellow, yeah, but the nubuck isn't the problem.

Originally Posted by The7onius

[table][tr][td]NIKE AR MAX UPTEMPO 97-WH/BK[/td][td]99207100 07.0[/td][td]91.99[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]1 UNIT(S) BACKORDERED UNTIL 07/08/2010[/td][/tr][tr][td]NIKE AR MX UPTEMPO 97-BK/SL/RD[/td][td]99207001 07.0[/td][td]159.99[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]1 UNIT(S) BACKORDERED UNTIL 08/27/2010[/td][/tr][/table]
Eastbay has them in their inventory, I ordered even though they aint releasing in a while, but the whites are priced different, confused on that, but I ordered anyway, right product number so it's a mistake on their part not mine, lol.

20% off entire order LKS1FAB2  
pimp.gif

DDAAAAAMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNN that is long asssssss ssssss wait homie.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

imma have to dissagre wit both of ya...i own both da last retro and its durabuck...which in my opinion was better then da airmax suede that was on da OGs.....

Tell me.. which one would you want to spend your money on if you had no idea which one was the OG and which one was the Retro?
21d35d3449cc6327c7afc405b1646cfdac73121.pjpg

--------------------------
b9525af4aa633cd7c50bbb79f7954dbe1db44d1.pjpg

e77357d2472668bfcbadc350bc1235f3ddd5696.jpg

vs.

40115a446fcdc4b60f8cce40d8a9b2f427f4e86.jpg

b18254c4de627ca2ce8bcd6f8728434c48a3aae.jpg

1bd15e496ecec9b264df880f673b1f848cd3a92.jpg

The 2010s look to be identical to the 2004 editions.

The 2004s was a semi soft synthetic suede. The type that has no nap at all. Its just there. Shape is off as well as the banana shape takes over. Color is what it is. its a whole new colorway.
laugh.gif
. The upper is a type of material that will crease and just stay there..

You can't crease the OGs. its like a soft felt material. You'd be a darn fool to take the 04 fake crap over the 91 originals. Maybe on a durability front if your running through the woods 5 hours out of every day. But from a quality and comfort stand point, its not even close. Do you work for Nike?

With that said, if you dont own or know or even care about the OGs, the 2004 retros DO stand out above other shoes as they have great comfort for a retro model. It's one of those odd situations where they are in fact acceptable retros if you forget about the past and view these by themselves.

2010s get my seal of approval, based on the fact that you'd look at these on their own. thats the only way you can go about 95% of these retros. forget what you know and start fresh
laugh.gif
. or you simply wont be buying anything nike for a long time

saw someone wearing a fresh pair of uptempo 97's today. They looked real fresh and had a retro aura. Haven't seen these in any stores though

Back
Top Bottom