Nike 30th Anniversary “Just Do It” Campaign.

He put his beliefs before his job because he had to. He has too much baggage. And I don't blame any nfl owner or team not wanting to pick him up. Nike made a poor business move. Tiger would of been a better choice if they were looking for the black athlete. But Nike is a bunch of hypocrites as they support a lot of stuff they say their against.

Don't stereotype the white folk. People feel entitled on different sides white and black. He deserves to be slandered because the Damn guy went into hiding or quiet. If he really felt what he was believing he would say a word. It's about the money apparently for him since he will be out of a job with the nfl forever.
they took a break from making tiger a face of the brand after his personal life/drug stuff. obviously they still have him on the brand but they didn't put him in campaigns as much. but what the **** does "if they were looking for the black athlete" mean?

I find it odd in the new slogan that all athletes mentioned are of color I mean its cool and all but why not have every race included Im not a Nadal fan but why isnt he included in here he plays every point like its his last yet u have OBJ lol I dont know suspect tbh

I find it odd in the new slogan that all athletes mentioned are of color I mean its cool and all but why not have every race included Im not a Nadal fan but why isnt he included in here he plays every point like its his last yet u have OBJ lol I dont know suspect tbh

Bad example with Rafa Nadal and proof that you may not fully understand/appreciate the ad campaign and what it means to risk it all.

When the Referendum went down in Nadal’s own country (Spain) he didn’t exactly risk it all even though he allegedly had skin in the game. He made some tepid comments against what was happening and that was it as far as I’m aware. No real or meaningful showing of solidarity. If he did actually do something - - I didn’t see or hear about it.

perhaps they were highlighting these athletes for reasons beyond their physical appearance.

Yeah right. That’s the common misconception.

I vividly remember a kid getting sent home for refusing to put his hand over his heart during the pledge of allegiance. He was later expelled for a related offense.

Struck me as odd because of the “liberty and justice for all” part.
f that s, man. used to take my hand off my heart the second they mentioned that "god" business during the pledge. that had no place in my public school or my country's pledge.

perhaps they were highlighting these athletes for reasons beyond their physical appearance.
I dont know man tbh just feels like the white population is just trash now or being basically casted aside I mean I see players like jalen ramsey call every black qb in the league good yet he calls pretty much all the white ones trash if that was the other way around the white person would be called a racist lol the USA is a messed up place right now im glad I live in Canada seems here we dont care what color you are which is how it should be, however brands should love and embrace all races not just how someone I saw said in an article “urban”

Bad example with Rafa Nadal and proof that you may not fully understand/appreciate the ad campaign and what it means to risk it all.

When the Referendum went down in Nadal’s own country (Spain) he didn’t exactly risk it all even though he allegedly had skin in the game. He made some tepid comments against what was happening and that was it as far as I’m aware. No real or meaningful showing of solidarity. If he did actually do something - - I didn’t see or hear about it.
Why OBJ then really just cause he signed a big deal like cmon

im glad I live in Canada seems here we dont care what color you are which is how it should be, however brands should love and embrace all races not just how someone I saw said in an article “urban”

I have great sympathy for the color-blind and oblivious community. You people have it extremely rough not being able to get a feel for the climate in the real world!

Hopefully you can start acknowledging differences between people of other backgrounds in your country instead of claiming to not see color because when you claim to not see color you’re also ignoring racism.

Last edited:
I dont know man tbh just feels like the white population is just trash now or being basically casted aside I mean I see players like jalen ramsey call every black qb in the league good yet he calls pretty much all the white ones trash if that was the other way around the white person would be called a racist lol the USA is a messed up place right now im glad I live in Canada seems here we dont care what color you are which is how it should be, however brands should love and embrace all races not just how someone I saw said in an article “urban”
punctuation might help your points come across a little bit more clearly. regardless, it sounds like you're just making super broad observations that don't really have any tangible meaning. if you seriously think the "white population is just trash now and basically being casted aside" then you definitely don't know what you're talking about. and if you do think that's true, you can blame whites for that.

brands do indeed embrace different populations...if you opened your eyes and looked past one advertising campaign that has come out within the last few days, you'd see that.

Why OBJ then really just cause he signed a big deal like cmon

I’m not going to split hairs with you.

You’re being a little obtuse with your questioning.

I get the impression that maybe you’d be more satisfied if Gordon Hayward and Kyle Singler’s faces were more prominently featured. Nobody has time to entertain that.

punctuation might help your points come across a little bit more clearly. regardless, it sounds like you're just making super broad observations that don't really have any tangible meaning. if you seriously think the "white population is just trash now and basically being casted aside" then you definitely don't know what you're talking about. and if you do think that's true, you can blame whites for that.

brands do indeed embrace different populations...if you opened your eyes and looked past one advertising campaign that has come out within the last few days, you'd see that.
I think the perception these days are that due to the president being a white douchebag people tend to hate on white folk more than usual im white and I dont give a crap what color you are as long as you are a respectful human being, all I can say is im happy I live in Canada where racism and social activism isnt looked down upom like in the USA

You're reaching based of your own personal emotions.

Nike has a clear message here, with a clear target audience/demographic. And with that message, making a white athlete the poster boy to reach this demographic...ain't the move. And how many of these other (non black) athletes are speaking out on injustice and putting their careers on the line ? Name 5.

Let's be real here... White athletes and stars are the face of damn near everything in America. Did you feel this way about the lack of diversity back when there were little to no faces of color in ...well, everything?

You're reaching based of your own personal emotions.

Nike has a clear message here, with a clear target audience/demographic. And with that message, making a white athlete the poster boy to reach this demographic...ain't the move. And how many of these other (non black) athletes are speaking out on injustice and putting their careers on the line ? Name 5.

Let's be real here... White athletes and stars are the face of damn near everything in America. Did you feel this way about the lack of diversity back when there were little to no faces of color in ...well, everything?
I never said to have a white guy be th face but every race ahould be included what white athletes are u speaking of? And as for Kap being the poster boy I never had a problem with that I was talking about the other athletes used so dont say I dont get it but what did OBJ do really? Kap made his money and he should most likely win his case against the nfl considering he is better than most backup qbs in the NFL

I think the perception these days are that due to the president being a white douchebag people tend to hate on white folk more than usual im white and I dont give a crap what color you are as long as you are a respectful human being, all I can say is im happy I live in Canada where racism and social activism isnt looked down upom like in the USA

80CE050F-26D9-4B52-B933-E26F6908C1DB.gif

Just perfect timing by Nike, a couple of days before start of the NFL season. Can't wait for more of Trump's dumb tweets which Trevor Noah will roast on the daily show!

Kap has been in silence for months ... where is he?

Doing work in the community and suing the NFL. While he stays silent, the NFL, its owners and the orange baboon in the White House continue to inadvertently make his case for him.

Put my $ where my mouth is and bought Nike shares this morning. I’ve always been a Nike guy and this campaign cemented my loyalty.

Last edited:

There's a lot of racism here in Canada too. We treat the indigenous communities like trash and people of colour still experience tons of racism. Mosques have been vandalized on a routine basis in the province I live in. Canada is not immune to racism. It's here.

Back
Top Bottom