Nike 30th Anniversary “Just Do It” Campaign.

Nike needed this campaign after all the stuff about gender discrimination going down at HQ, great chess move. One could say even out of the trump playbook, the nothing to see here oh look shiny keys jangling

i don’t salute the flag but I respect the government & authorities. my allegiance only goes to God because he deserves devotion not a man in office. Jesus was the same way. Give Caesars things to Caesar but God’s things to God.

Walking contradiction

So how is he sacrificing everything with a multimillion dollar contract? He knows nothing about the Hood, and is embarrassed that he was raised by 2 white parents in a white middle-class town, because his real parents bailed on him.... what a joke both he and Nike are .... :lol::rofl: Oh well, when Nike makes those Police Pig socks i will be sure to pick up a pair :pimp:

Just read this thread. Holy **** at the pure ignorance on display by some in here. Just damn.

As a white guy, how can I tell a person of color how they should peacefully protest?

"You can only protest like this so I don't have to see it and can therefore ignore it."

lqn4SSz.gif

So how is he sacrificing everything with a multimillion dollar contract? He knows nothing about the Hood, and is embarrassed that he was raised by 2 white parents in a white middle-class town, because his real parents bailed on him.... what a joke both he and Nike are .... :lol::rofl: Oh well, when Nike makes those Police Pig socks i will be sure to pick up a pair :pimp:

I know your a troll but hey I'll reply although I know you wont accept what I have to say and more than likely will ignore it as much as the injustices Mr Kaepernick is fighting against.

" So how is he sacrificing everything with a multimillion dollar contract ?"

Of course you would take this as literal as possible and believe he has to give up every worldly possession he has to "sacrifice everything". The point is he sacrificed his job and the game he loves most for the cause. To most people sacrificing a job would be considered everything especially if your action caused you to not be employable/blackballed to other organizations.

" He knows nothing about the HOOD and is embarassed that he was raised by 2 white parents in a white middle-class town, because his real parents bailed on him "

The fact that he was not raised in the "HOOD" as you say, speaks volumes imo. It shows that you dont have to live somewhere to understand/acknowledge that whats going on there is wrong AND want to help change it. Can you not understand that concept ??

What does his adopted or biological family have to do with his protest of police brutality anyway ?? Not sure I follow were you are going with that. Although I will assume its just a shot your taking at him.

Nike not giving a ****. :nerd:

Kaepernick signed with Nike in 2011. Sources told ESPN that Nike kept the fact that Kaepernick would be involved in a future campaign from many key players internally and outside Nike headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon. The company did not share the news ahead of time with the NFL, even though Kaepernick has a collusion lawsuit against the league's owners. Nike recently signed a new multibillion dollar, 10-year deal to remain the official apparel supplier of the league.

Sources also told ESPN that Nike's other big partners, including its largest sponsored teams and retailers, were not privy to the use of Kaepernick in the ad campaign.

Walking contradiction

that’s cute. explain how it’s a contradiction. We aren’t above Jesus are we? If you’re a Christian, you should walk in his footsteps as he suggested. @ at the end of the day we gonna have issues in society if u kneel, salute or sit down. Pay ya taxes and keep it moving.

Commercial is awesome

Nike doesn’t give a **** because guess what, they run sports. They can get hate but that’s not gonna change anything

If anything this helps them IMO

Just read this thread. Holy **** at the pure ignorance on display by some in here. Just damn.

As a white guy, how can I tell a person of color how they should peacefully protest?

"You can only protest like this so I don't have to see it and can therefore ignore it."

lqn4SSz.gif

Fixed it for you. Doesn't matter what color you are, just because your white doesn't mean you can't have an opinion. This "White Guilt" going around is ridiculous. Everyone can have an opinion on what they believe. The problem with the protest is not the message, but how it was conducted. There is a place and time for everything, and kneeling for the flag was the wrong time imo. When trying to spread messages with a lot of "controversy" such as Kaep's you have to be aware of how you spread it, because if done improperly it can push more people than it tries to make aware.

Fixed it for you. Doesn't matter what color you are, just because your white doesn't mean you can't have an opinion. This "White Guilt" going around is ridiculous. Everyone can have an opinion on what they believe. The problem with the protest is not the message, but how it was conducted. There is a place and time for everything, and kneeling for the flag was the wrong time imo. When trying to spread messages with a lot of "controversy" such as Kaep's you have to be aware of how you spread it, because if done improperly it can push more people than it tries to make aware.
You can only protest like I say you can so I don't have to see it and can therefore ignore it.

Neat.

You can only protest like I say you can so I don't have to see it and can therefore ignore it.

Neat.
Nobody is trying to ignore the “message”. The way he protested could of been done better to not make his agenda less hostile is all I’m saying.

No, as a white guy I'm not in a position to say what someone of color should or shouldn't do when they are fed up with the bull**** they've been dealing with for hundreds of years. I can't relate. I'm self aware enough to realize that. I cant' say "I know how you feel." bc I don't.

Back
Top Bottom