Nike 30th Anniversary “Just Do It” Campaign.

are you white?

I’m not white or black.

I responded the way I did because I sincerely believe Brady doesn’t care enough about social issues to take a knee to protest. Only time you’ll see him take a knee is during the actual game.

With that being said I don’t particularly care for what Kaep did either.

I’m not white or black.

I responded the way I did because I sincerely believe Brady doesn’t care enough about social issues to take a knee to protest. Only time you’ll see him take a knee is during the actual game.

With that being said I don’t particularly care for what Kaep did either.

I think you missed the point my guy

I think by Banning Nike it will just make the kids want it more. At the end of the day we wear what we want to wear. I don’t get into politics the situation in this country is out of control and the anger is visible.

We all just need to get along.

https://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/09/kenner_zahn_nike.html

Kenner Mayor Ben Zahn rescinds Nike ban
Updated 4:33 PM; Posted 4:04 PM
Kenner Mayor Ben Zahn announces Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2018, that he is rescinding a ban on purchasing Nike merchandise he placed a week earlier on the city's recreation department and is booster clubs. He made the announcement at Kenner's Veterans Park. (Photo by Brett Duke, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune)

NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

Kenner Mayor Ben Zahn reversed an order Wednesday (Sept. 12) that prevented the city's recreation department and its booster clubs from buying Nike merchandise. He cited advice from the city's attorney and the national controversy his decision sparked as reasons for reversing his stance.

Zahn's decision came just hours after the American Civil Liberties Union of Louisiana challenged the mayor's ban, calling it an affront to freedom of expression.

Zahn established his policy in a Sept. 5 email to the city's recreation department director. That was two days after Nike began an advertising campaign starring Colin Kaepernick, the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback who two years ago was the first NFLplayer to kneel during the national anthem to protest police violence against people of color.

The mayor's edict, which was not announced publicly, created a firestorm after it surfaced on social media over the weekend. Zahn didn't comment on his stance until issuing a statement to the media Monday afternoon, saying his action was to prevent public money from being used to support a political message.

City Councilman Gregory Carroll was the only member of the city's legislative branch to come out against Zahn's ban. Similarly, New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell and Congressman Cedric Richmondalso condemned the mayor's decision.

Does anybody know when the collection is going to drop?

One would assume alot of the collection has dropped already. There has been Just Do It shoes, hoodies, t-shirts, etc. dropping for a minute now. I know Nike just bought alot of space in HOH locations to hype it up, but alot of the gear is already out there.

One would assume alot of the collection has dropped already. There has been Just Do It shoes, hoodies, t-shirts, etc. dropping for a minute now. I know Nike just bought alot of space in HOH locations to hype it up, but alot of the gear is already out there.

I see! Thank you!

Now that they are trying to smear that boy's name with talks of "we foUnD MaRIjuAnA iN HiS DraWErs" I wanna know where the people disgusted by Nike's move to give Kap a platform are.

Once again, when are conservatives gonna let go of the hate?

Is any crime committed by a black person deserving of the death penalty?

I never got an answer to any of these questions.

The silence speaks volumes.

Reactions: JPS
Screenshot_20180914-171708.png

For those who somehow think that kaep “didn’t sacrifice anything” because he’s rich, here’s some perspective from an Olympic qualifying athlete I went to college with.
CA1D6085-E20B-4BE4-A400-BA5AE9EC4CCF.png

As for why didn’t he choose another media outlet to get his message accross? What about disruption do people not get about protests? How much disruption would another liberal message on a liberal news network cause? Especially to half the country that’s been conditioned to think anything that isn’t a right wing talking point is fake news. Nike did something with this message that no media outlet could do.
It brought this issue into every single persons home. It’s forcing more dialogue in a way CNN and ESPN can’t.

Can you imagine how many lukewarm progressives and civil rights advocates were upset by MLK’s march on Washington? Shutting down streets, causing a ruckus. Disagreeing with the method regardless of how important the message is. Guaranteed history is going to look favorably on what kaep and Nike are doing.

At the end of the day you don’t support Kaep for one of two reasons, racism or because you don’t think the statically proven unequal treatment of black people by the criminal justice system is worth causing disruption over which is still white supremacy at work.

Naturally i disagree with just about everything you have said here, i reject your idea that I don't support for "one of two reasons." Yes, i get disruption. And i also get self-centered acts under the guise of 'social justice,' that create a 'dialogue' which means ??? Only controversy. You can make all the excuses you want for Nike and the multi-millionaire who was nearing the end of his NFL career anyway. This was a divisive method that will not change people's minds, does not cause people to pause and consider the others' opinion. What i prefer is action that actually leads to results...results all should want... less police brutality, less discrimination, etc.
As long as people keep choosing sides, entrenched in their positions, and reacting on emotion instead of logic, there will be little progress.

Back
Top Bottom