Nike 70s Thread

A couple of guys in the Tailwind IV Thread suggested it and I think it's a good idea to make a collective thread for Nikes 70s gems which don't get as much love as they deserve.

The Cortez and blazer always got enough love but there is a lot to discover as the Tailwind OG this year has proved!

what are your favorite models from Nikes early years? I'd personally love a true to form Bermuda retro again, a couple of years ago they had them with terrible "vintage" midsoles and then more recently there was an underwhelming hyperfuse version.

mvc_018f.jpg

I mean if they can do them right and not Butcher them like every other retro the have ever released from 70-90’s then I’m all for it, if not then don’t even bother touching them

Man, that’s seriously OG!

I wonder how much all of them retailed when they first came out back then.

Just copped these bad boys for like 40 bucks lol what is this? the 70's?
10276027-01.jpg

Ive always wanted a shoe in this colorway and couldnt believe what I was seeing when i stumbled across them
s-l300.png
The blacks might be next if theyre not complete trash

IMG_0169[1].JPG

best 40 dollars ive spent in a looong time. I called them to exchange because of a tiny fray in the mesh and they told me to donate them and im getting my new pair monday.

I went ahead and ordered the blacks. These have exceeded way beyond my expectations. I have no idea how these fly so far under peoples radars. Super dope kicks. Better than I ever couldve hoped for in hand

awesome shade of blue on here that the camera cant pick up

Last edited:
IMG_0169[1].JPG

best 40 dollars ive spent in a looong time. I called them to exchange because of a tiny fray in the mesh and they told me to donate them and im getting my new pair monday.

I went ahead and ordered the blacks. These have exceeded way beyond my expectations. I have no idea how these fly so far under peoples radars. Super dope kicks. Better than I ever couldve hoped for in hand

awesome shade of blue on here that the camera cant pick up

Where can I get those for $40?

Where can I get those for $40?

zappos. Zappos is f-ing incredible. Customer service picks up the phone immediately and if theres something wrong when you open your package they just tell you to donate them and send you a whole new pair to replace it. I really wish theyd start selling the 'good' Nikes. They absolutely kill it in the customer appreciation department.

*its really like $48 but free overnight shipping makes it feel like 40. Also, we dont pay tax here. YMMV

* Also, they were on sale so im not entirely sure its still a thing. As of yesterday they were 48

zappos. Zappos is f-ing incredible. Customer service picks up the phone immediately and if theres something wrong when you open your package they just tell you to donate them and send you a whole new pair to replace it. I really wish theyd start selling the 'good' Nikes. They absolutely kill it in the customer appreciation department.

*its really like $48 but free overnight shipping makes it feel like 40. Also, we dont pay tax here. YMMV

* Also, they were on sale so im not entirely sure its still a thing. As of yesterday they were 48

Thanks man. Can you possiby DM me the link. I’m running all over today. Not even sure what those are called. No biggie if not.

Back
Top Bottom