Nike Air 180 OG

I hear ya. jshortt jshortt That was what I realized after my comment and was looking for online just now, indeed I remember it being clear all the way. Some really remarkable decisions they made. Beside the slight disappointment, I'm still excited to get my hands on a pair! I just really hope they redesigned the construction in a way that it is not going to squeak and make noise 👍

I already mentioned they were not og build at all , that is why they never proudly showed the bottom ,they knew we would react like this . I had prepared myself already for the disappointment and had accepted they were ,regarding the air 180 airbag and mid /outsole itself ,no og build , but it is shocking to see the square and to see the airbag being painted white , losing the visible air aspect..... words fail me, so I will have to be excused for being shocked and having no opinion .
good eyes on the painted airbag… That defeats the whole purpose of the shoe that’s actually crazy. The 2018 might be closer to the OG after all. :lol:

Guess I'll have get the aceton out, tear off that outsole, get some more aceton to remove the white paint from the bubble and put it back together again (and I quote) 'stitch for stitch in that true OG construction and shape'. I'm not kidding, I'll double up and do it 🙏

Last edited:
OG bubbles, you do the math

big_180rose4.jpg
big_180rouge2.jpg

Nike-Air-180-OG-01.jpg
180_04_zpsba371a86.jpg

NIKE-AIR-MAX-180-OVERKILL-30.jpg
NIKE-AIR-MAX-180-OVERKILL-5.jpg

airmax180ogwhitepinkbluesolent.jpg

vs 2024
pxl_20240508_020103380-portrait-jpg.3252137

Last edited:
OG box and booklet

So the box seems to be pretty accurate - but here you can clearly see the 180 font on the heel being off

NikeAir180Blue.JPG

comp2-jpg.3249685

I am looking at a short video of the air 180 on @sheshoe_game on instagram . I recommend watching it . they do look magnificent in this vid , after all ,they are based on the best nike ever made , in my humble opinion of course , the air 180.

I’m selfishly hoping they modified the air unit so the glue sticks better. I’ll be squeaky enough in these MB 4s.

Just thinking about this... I thought I remembered the Avia Cantilever patent being dead, but is it possible that Nike had to make a couple of tiny adjustments to the 180 bag to CYA on that? That lawsuit was the entire reason the 180 was a 1-season model.
Friend of mine mentioned that as well. I just can not imagine that being a problem anymore? Some 30 years or more ago? And Avia being sold over to other companies many times?

My guess is that they constructed them more or less the same way as the previous retro's but the surface which is glued to the bubble is now larger to address the problem that those retro's had.

I know the ship has sailed but I have to say I'm afraid that when you wear them and the clear starts to yellow or fade a little bit, the inner square won't so that it becomes even more obvious. A well, it is what it is.... On the other hand, imagine that Leon and his co-workers came up with this final design, sat there in the meeting room together and they all unanimously thought 'that's it guys, we nailed it!!!' I for one just CAN NOT imagine that. They had to know they were making compromises. And it's been said already, it's no big deal that they've done that, just be honest about it and don't BS us about it.

It's no wonder why Nike hasn't shown the bottom part of the shoe and that only now that the first images from live specimens come in we can see the true horror of it all.

I seriously find the outsole of the 2018 looks better now that I've seen the outsole of the 2024. I think we can all agree on that.

But it don't matter much anymore and anyway, cause seriously I'm still ABSOLUTELY PSYCHED FOR THESE 🤩🤩🤩

1000091244.jpg

Back
Top Bottom