Nike Air Flight 89: now on NIKEiD

Looking to get a couple after payday.

Sounds like the quality is good but those are creases are a bit much and pics are scarce.

I ordered the "Vachetta Tan" colorway once last Friday and received this...

I kicked them back to Nike and received a 20% discount code to order my second pair:

Those ones are not perfect... and not acceptable to me. Those creases must be done after a 1st wear, not in the box...

And here is a pic of what a friend received:

Honestly, leather is awesome, but it's unacceptable to receive an unworn (or new or DS or whatever you can call it) pair in such condition...

:x

What's happening?

Looks like I'm going to have to go in store to pick these up.

Leather does look good though.

Wow I'm all for creasing but you're right not fresh out the box. Glad to hear the leather is good. Might go check em out today.

Worst leather of a nike ive ever had not including any jordan retro
The leather on the toebox? Nearly half the shoe was made out of plastic (fuse). Never realized it until a couple weeks later. Nike got me good on that white and red release.

Last edited:
I went to our Paris Nikekab store and actually all the Vachetta Tan have creases, big or small...
I checked the other colorways and they look cleaner from a "crease" point of view...
There is something wrong perhaps with the process they use to colour the Leather .
But like someone said previously, leather is really nice, but also really thin... That's the main reason for the creases I guess.

Last edited:
My fav 89. Bring these back.

So simple...so classic. Had the OG's as a youngin in a size 9 (now I'm a size 10.5/11), and think they're still at the parents house. Gotta dig some day.

I received my NikeLab pair.

No pre-creased toebox, but it wouldn't have mattered to me anyways. The leather quality is good. Biggest complaint is that the lining around the ankle and back of tongue is a vinyl material instead of leather so I can foresee these being very hot on feet since the material won't breath at all. Also the tongue has zero padding which isn't a deal breaker, but would have been nice to have some more comfort there. Haven't tried them on yet so can't comment on comfort at this moment.

^^^yeah certainly looks that way, although I'm sure after that first wear they'll be creased up significantly, but I look forward to the that broken in look.

I received my NikeLab pair.

No pre-creased toebox, but it wouldn't have mattered to me anyways. The leather quality is good. Biggest complaint is that the lining around the ankle and back of tongue is a vinyl material instead of leather so I can foresee these being very hot on feet since the material won't breath at all. Also the tongue has zero padding which isn't a deal breaker, but would have been nice to have some more comfort there. Haven't tried them on yet so can't comment on comfort at this moment.

Clean!!!

decided to pick up the Flight 89 QS's, $65 with the nike promo if anyone is looking. Got them strictly for the 89 on the back. 

My fav 89. Bring these back.

So simple...so classic. Had the OG's as a youngin in a size 9 (now I'm a size 10.5/11), and think they're still at the parents house. Gotta dig some day.

I need these in my life ever since I seen them on someone's feet in High School back in '99. I be checking eBay for a sz. 9 here & there but no luck. Hopefully Nike re--release this colorway again

The quality on these are superb!
I would get the whole pack if I could afford it but I'm only going to get the black, olive and grey pair after this.

As suggested before, I do think the creasing in the toe box is because of the soft leather but it looks better on feet.
Reminds me of the good leather on AF1's back in the day.

I would get the whole pack if I could afford it but I'm only going to get the black, olive and grey pair after this.

As suggested before, I do think the creasing in the toe box is because of the soft leather but it looks better on feet.

:pimp:

Think I'm gonna order a lil Christmas gift to myself this week.

Would be great if you could share an on feet pic of the obsidians as well. Leather looks pretty nice.

Do these also have this synthetic-leather lining? Would have been much better if it was terry cloth like the the old pairs. I can't cope with this plastic like diffusion resistant stuff on the inside of a shoe. Synthetic leather and even real leather for the lining doesn't add anything qualitywise to a sports shoe / sneaker in my opinion. You can't beat terry cloth on the inside.

Would be great if you could share an on feet pic of the obsidians as well. Leather looks pretty nice.

Do these also have this synthetic-leather lining? Would have been much better if it was terry cloth like the the old pairs. I can't cope with this plastic like diffusion resistant stuff on the inside of a shoe. Synthetic leather and even real leather for the lining doesn't add anything qualitywise to a sports shoe / sneaker in my opinion. You can't beat terry cloth on the inside.
The lining on the collar and heel area as well as in back of the tongue is a really cheap feeling vinyl material. That's the biggest complaint I have with these. I would have preferred even the leather they used on the rest of the shoe. And you're right, a terry cloth or mesh liner would have been even better.

any word on when the NikeLab joints will drop in price or potentially hit outlets?.... i know a lot of people had issues but my Navy pair were flawless

Back
Top Bottom