"Nike air Flight Huarache" Still hoping, praying, and waiting for these to return. This year or n

When they ship shoes in a shoe bag, the box opens, shoes fall out, get smashed, creases, gets dirty etc etc...
The shoe bag is a ridiculous way to ship shoes, bc the shoes are more susceptible to damage.
I don't care if it's an Air Monarch or an 88. The shoe bag should be banned.
When I buy in-store, it's not like i require a double boxing, but when I order something from across the country, send it to me in a BOX.
Nothing new; when I was ordering shoes in the 80s I hated that dreaded bag just as much.

View media item 1141023
This is exactly why I wouldn't ball in these. The spot where the midsole meets the outsole in the heel is extra fragile. Might just be cosmetic now but these definitely aren't built to take a beating.

I never understand why people don't think the retros will be any less durable than their predecessor. Is there a conscience effort by Nike to make shoes that are unable to be played in? My guess is no. Between the 14 retro and the OGs did they change how they were manufactured?

^ Don't know what exact point of manufacturing had been changed, but being produced in China w/ using cheaper materials is enough for me to believe they are less durable.

I never understand why people don't think the retros will be any less durable than their predecessor. Is there a conscience effort by Nike to make shoes that are unable to be played in? My guess is no. Between the 14 retro and the OGs did they change how they were manufactured?

I believe nike use to say retros werent meant to perform thus the label they gave um i think it was nike sportswear?

Maybe thats a tactic for people to buy their current ball shoes? Not sure but i couldnt imagine myself playing in jordan retros vi and below

When they ship shoes in a shoe bag, the box opens, shoes fall out, get smashed, creases, gets dirty etc etc...
The shoe bag is a ridiculous way to ship shoes, bc the shoes are more susceptible to damage.
I don't care if it's an Air Monarch or an 88. The shoe bag should be banned.
When I buy in-store, it's not like i require a double boxing, but when I order something from across the country, send it to me in a BOX.
Nothing new; when I was ordering shoes in the 80s I hated that dreaded bag just as much.

What? You use to order shoes online in the 80's and they came in a box? Or do you mean order from a store and they mail them?

naaa sir, by phone in the 80s, came in the bag and i HATED it even as a kid... HATED
(our traveling teams always used Eastbay in the late 80s, they bagged us routinely. But back then it was normal biz)
I get it, the bag is used all the time. But on shoes like the OG Flight Huarache, give me a box, baby.
Grail Status = Box... (Subjective, i know, but that bag makes me emotional)
:smokin

Last edited:

To answer your first question, not exactly, but when they skimp on certain things (not necessarily on these, but stuff like Zoom Air on other models) it definitely affects them from a performance standpoint. The same goes for cheaper materials and most cost cutting measures. Most Bo Jackson retros are a perfect example, I wouldn't want to actually train in those (save maybe the SC II QS), but the OGs were full on performance shoes.

That said, these Huaraches are definitely on point for the most part, and the picture I used wasn't really a good example, like I said it's mostly aesthetic. And sure, you can ball in them, just don't expect them to hold up like newer shoes. Dudes have problems with the straps breaking on the runners just from casual wear.

Last edited:
Not sure if this the right spot to ask this but are the triple whites coming state side?

ive hoop in my at least 8 times... i prefer them over hyper dunks......

these huarache r comfy as hell!!

can anyone provide me with the Footlocker sku for these (Huarache Flight Bold Berry).  I want to try to do a store locate

Well we're getting the other OG pair next.... I really don't care what other trash Nike puts out, as long as they still release the pairs I want....
View media item 1143304

However the regular air huarache is starting to get tiresome. Weird colors, weird toebox materials, only 3 OG pairs done (and only the scream greens were truly retro'd properly).
Its a situation like that where I begin to take issue with Nike.

Yeah, I'm excited for those, but between August and February think of how many terrible colorways we're going to see.

The only good thing, is people will be tired of these with the bad colorways, and the black and blue will be easy to get.

The first time the black and blue retroed nobody bought um. They sat.

I eventually bought um then sold um

The white black has always been that colorway for these

QFT
Back in 92 I had the whites for bball, but other dudes i knew who bought the huaraches opted for the black cw.
I never felt that CW, but I respect its place.
To me the whites embody the old "Instant Karma" campaign Nike used to sound the alarm on this shoe.

late reply but 86203100
thanks.  but thats not the number i was looking for.  you provided the footlocker.com style number.  i was looking for the store sku (that's usually stamped on the box or on the receipt.  its 05-35311404.

i found a pair @ niketown chicago today (phone order).  i only asked about my size 11 and she said she had 5 more pair.  she gave me free shipping since it was a "nike find"

That's a Kobe PE, so I doubt it, but that would be awesome if they did ever decide to release those.
Thanks, but u don't have to tell me that since I know what they were (see page 2). Was just asking coz AIR J XIII's comment did look like he knows that Nike has a plan to release them in the future or something tho.

Back
Top Bottom