Nike Air Foamposite One "Galaxy" 2/25/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!

Originally Posted by nimhet

I wonder what Nike / Footlocker learned from this release and what they will do differently next time.
They probably just realized how powerful they really are in the shoe game. They see that people will jump through hoops, and risk their safety and possibly lives for a pair of shoes
30t6p3b.gif
.....Nike Doesn't Care! They are in the business of making money and they will continue to bank. I will not be surprised if Nike raises the prices to $300 next year and Foams will still sell out cause of the hype nike will generate.
And it doesn't matter if "old heads" stop buying them. They will just be replaced with some 14 yr old who just has to have them no matter what. Its sad but the reality is that its only gonna get worse for the consumer from here on out 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by debs 168

Originally Posted by VinnyFitteds

Not a damn thing
except make them even more limited.
grin.gif

I think they will make some major changes.  Look at all the changes that have happened recently with the raffles, wristbands, no more online, shutting down the HOH releases and the twitter registering.  All these changes were done recently...they have to find a way to get these shoes out without people getting hurt or riots starting.  I'm guessing it will be something like the twitter registration...no camping, no crashing websites and no riots. 

I know this won't happen but my idea would be that I think for big releases they should do a pre-order before they start producing, leave the pre-order up for a week or less depending on how limited you really want it, a day at the least. With this pre-order you pay immediately and you don't get your shoes until what would be the ACTUAL release date. Once the pre-order time period is done, anyone who didn't get an order in is assed out. Then they make enough to fulfill those orders and send them out. This would help a few things, it would stop camping and release day violence, it would kill the resell market at least a little bit, with this they can also sell the maximum number of shoes without having to worry about making too many that will sit on shelves and not get sold thus taking away some of their (and other stores) profits.
Just my thoughts/ideas. I know chances of this ever happening is slimmer than any of us getting these Foams and if by some miracle someone from Nike does see this chances would be even slimmer that something like this would be implemented, but hey, I figured I'd throw it out there, I think it would help curb a ton of these issues.

But as I stated earlier, I really do think that if Nike is going to continue down this path, they should be held accountable for some of the chaos that they cause.

I would say that 80% of the people that were at Raleigh HoH were from out of town. I only talked to a few groups that actually lived in NC.Alot of people came down from PG hoh. I will never go to raleigh hoh again for a release it was complete madness. Came all the way from the 75 for nothing, if I would have known they werent letting people camp i wouldnt have even came.

Originally Posted by BigC 2K1

Originally Posted by debs 168

except make them even more limited.
grin.gif

I think they will make some major changes.  Look at all the changes that have happened recently with the raffles, wristbands, no more online, shutting down the HOH releases and the twitter registering.  All these changes were done recently...they have to find a way to get these shoes out without people getting hurt or riots starting.  I'm guessing it will be something like the twitter registration...no camping, no crashing websites and no riots. 

I know this won't happen but my idea would be that I think for big releases they should do a pre-order before they start producing, leave the pre-order up for a week or less depending on how limited you really want it, a day at the least. With this pre-order you pay immediately and you don't get your shoes until what would be the ACTUAL release date. Once the pre-order time period is done, anyone who didn't get an order in is assed out. Then they make enough to fulfill those orders and send them out. This would help a few things, it would stop camping and release day violence, it would kill the resell market at least a little bit, with this they can also sell the maximum number of shoes without having to worry about making too many that will sit on shelves and not get sold thus taking away some of their (and other stores) profits.
Just my thoughts/ideas. I know chances of this ever happening is slimmer than any of us getting these Foams and if by some miracle someone from Nike does see this chances would be even slimmer that something like this would be implemented, but hey, I figured I'd throw it out there, I think it would help curb a ton of these issues.

But as I stated earlier, I really do think that if Nike is going to continue down this path, they should be held accountable for some of the chaos that they cause.

I like this idea Big C.  I only wish this would happen and would make a lot of sense.  They can take a preorder at every store and see how many people want a shoe/colorway and order accordingly which would be the smartest thing to do but yeah it'll never happen.  It's like if Apple did that with their Iphones.  Their stock wouldn't do as well with all the hype.  I wish they would be sold at more stores and keep resupplying throughout the year like we see the Iphones/Ipads.  People would wait till the hype dies and still walk into the mall and possibly find a shoe if it's in stock.  Damn I struck out again on this release online.  Getting too old for this.  Just crazy how last year All Star shoes was not hype at all.  Easy to get esp instore.  Yeah I missed out online last yr as well and EASTBAY is the worst.

I'm on "James" right now, but it seems like every pair either "Exceeds Availability" or just removes from my cart because it's "sold out"

smh they only put these up to make the hype even worse. I'm willing to bet that they didn't have any to sell online

Originally Posted by Jonbx5

i actually thought for a split second that the hoh orlando release was gonna be organized and ready for this madness once i heard that nike supposedly came in and tookover 

then i hear the security guard telling us (500+ ppl at the time) to form a single file line 
indifferent.gif

u had 15 random lines with dudes standing in the middle of the %#$+*%+ street at one point 
laugh.gif

there was people hiding on trees 
roll.gif
roll.gif

i actually thought for a split second that the hoh orlando release was gonna be organized and ready for this madness once i heard that nike supposedly came in and tookover 

then i hear the security guard telling us (500+ ppl at the time) to form a single file line 
indifferent.gif

u had 15 random lines with dudes standing in the middle of the %#$+*%+ street at one point 
laugh.gif

there was people hiding on trees 
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I realize hype is at an all time high when people go to these release events. I also realize that most launch shoes are made 4-6 months in advance, but couldn't they simply take a a 100% confirmed payment from a pre order for these and in a 2-4 month span FROM NOW delivery them? Take everyones $220 bucks and guarantee a release within 4 months? Do people not like their money tied up like that? Isn't $220 spend ASAP better than $500+ resale within 3 weeks?

What better alternative is there?

I just see so much potential out of money for Nike. Are they really after the bottom line? Or is it BRAND BRANDING? It's like these sort of releases set precedent for the future.... NIke/JB definitely seems like they are building up for something greater in the future, good or bad.

They are just pawning off the well being of others for market share gain... I have never seen a company so blatantly ready to make $$$$$

Close to 1,000 people @ nike vault.. S@$^ was crazy.

I was number 844 and only 29 pairs of foams.

Left looking like

okayguy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom