Nike Air Griffey Max II (Spring/Summer, 2011)

Originally Posted by red mpls

I hate to be "that guy" in the thread complaining about a "minor detail" on an otherwise great retro but...

The color on these is just very off from the OG's, which was much more green (hence "Emerald").  It hurts that I may be passing on these because of that but it's hard for me to overlook as the color is a big part of what made the OG's so special in my eyes...

The Freshwaster > Emerald Green.

This is coming from a Jet City resident. 

One of the few times i'll make this kind of remark, but it's a vast improvement (color wise) over an OG.

Now, if the piping actually has cuts of 3M... that would really top it off. Convertible. 

(But any kind of piping is good to me, you feel me?)

I hate to be "that guy" in the thread complaining about a "minor detail" on an otherwise great retro but...

The color on these is just very off from the OG's, which was much more green (hence "Emerald").  It hurts that I may be passing on these because of that but it's hard for me to overlook as the color is a big part of what made the OG's so special in my eyes...

Hmmm.

I can't agree with you on that one. The OG color was called [Seattle] Mariner Emerald (not Emerald Green) which has always been a true teal. There is almost no difference between the old color and Freshwater. For comparison sake, I just broke out my OGs and put them next to my retro AGMI and can barely tell the difference.

The ATC was a reason to pass. That was a color butchering.

These; not so much.

Hmmm.

I can't agree with you on that one. The OG color was called [Seattle] Mariner Emerald (not Emerald Green) which has always been a true teal. There is almost no difference between the old color and Freshwater. For comparison sake, I just broke out my OGs and put them next to my retro AGMI and can barely tell the difference.

The ATC was a reason to pass. That was a color butchering.

These; not so much.

I really want to preorder these on Deadstock Shoes but who knows if they fit true to size???

I really want to preorder these on Deadstock Shoes but who knows if they fit true to size???

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-03.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-07.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-04.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-05.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-08.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-010.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-09.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-02.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-01.jpg

11tr8cw.jpg

HappyBirthdayBlackKid.gif

I paid retail for all my other Griffeys so why not these?
frown.gif

well, AGM1 >>> these, but those pics were all i needed to see. may cop on RD. we shall see. one thing i do know is that these will NOT sell out anytime soon in baltimore if they are GR.
pimp.gif

HappyBirthdayBlackKid.gif

I paid retail for all my other Griffeys so why not these?
frown.gif

well, AGM1 >>> these, but those pics were all i needed to see. may cop on RD. we shall see. one thing i do know is that these will NOT sell out anytime soon in baltimore if they are GR.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

I'm just trying to figure out the madness behind Nike's ways
Talking to guys on campus, it's all about cost at the end of the day.  Nike could care less.  They know the product will sell, even if its RTV and its a direct sale from one of their own outlets.  Game on lock.

If its cheaper and easier for them to go a "non-enthusiast" route from o.g.-like materials, they do everytime.

Sometime, it benefit us.  Like these.
So no extra effort , time, or money was put onto something like this, to where it's an absolutely perfect replica? It's the cheap and easy way yet PERFECT? I find that a bit hard to believe that the same effort and attention to detail was placed on these as all of the others.

To me it seems like the "non-enthusiast" route is taken every single time on something that is QUESTIONABLE in terms of sales potential. Yet a shoe that would sell regardless get's the red carpet treatment? It seems a bit opposite to me. Make the shoes that need sales help better and closer to the OG, and leave the shoes that can fed for themselves, to do just that. It's like they know ahead of time which shoes are their "signature" stars and protect them by being 99.9% close to original. But everything else they don't want to succeed so they get real lazy..

I guess it's better to have a few of those signature shoes that they still want to be protected. Griffey fans must be in retro heaven. That's why I mentioned, Is Griffey Jr. himself behind some of these retros? They are far too accurate to have taken the same approach that kills almost every other retro.

So I'm to assume now with what you stated, that a perfectly recreated Griffey II is the cheapest route for them to have taken to get this done? Surely somewhere they could have cut corners. If it's the cheap route every time, why do Griffey's stand on top on terms of accuracy and quality, with Carnivores not far behind? Some of the most complicated layered uppers.. yet, perfection. I can't complain about perfection but I do question everything else.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

I'm just trying to figure out the madness behind Nike's ways
Talking to guys on campus, it's all about cost at the end of the day.  Nike could care less.  They know the product will sell, even if its RTV and its a direct sale from one of their own outlets.  Game on lock.

If its cheaper and easier for them to go a "non-enthusiast" route from o.g.-like materials, they do everytime.

Sometime, it benefit us.  Like these.
So no extra effort , time, or money was put onto something like this, to where it's an absolutely perfect replica? It's the cheap and easy way yet PERFECT? I find that a bit hard to believe that the same effort and attention to detail was placed on these as all of the others.

To me it seems like the "non-enthusiast" route is taken every single time on something that is QUESTIONABLE in terms of sales potential. Yet a shoe that would sell regardless get's the red carpet treatment? It seems a bit opposite to me. Make the shoes that need sales help better and closer to the OG, and leave the shoes that can fed for themselves, to do just that. It's like they know ahead of time which shoes are their "signature" stars and protect them by being 99.9% close to original. But everything else they don't want to succeed so they get real lazy..

I guess it's better to have a few of those signature shoes that they still want to be protected. Griffey fans must be in retro heaven. That's why I mentioned, Is Griffey Jr. himself behind some of these retros? They are far too accurate to have taken the same approach that kills almost every other retro.

So I'm to assume now with what you stated, that a perfectly recreated Griffey II is the cheapest route for them to have taken to get this done? Surely somewhere they could have cut corners. If it's the cheap route every time, why do Griffey's stand on top on terms of accuracy and quality, with Carnivores not far behind? Some of the most complicated layered uppers.. yet, perfection. I can't complain about perfection but I do question everything else.

Back
Top Bottom