Nike Air Griffey Max II (Spring/Summer, 2011)

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-03.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-07.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-04.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-05.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-08.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-010.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-09.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-02.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-01.jpg

HappyBirthdayBlackKid.gif

I paid retail for all my other Griffeys so why not these?
frown.gif
copped on site....these aren't sitting at all
laugh.gif

nyc had been griffey crazy
yesss, these are gonna fly off shelves in nyc! im coppin the same day they drop

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-03.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-07.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-04.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-05.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-08.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-010.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-09.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-02.jpg

nike-air-griffey-max-ii-freshwater-new-images-01.jpg

HappyBirthdayBlackKid.gif

I paid retail for all my other Griffeys so why not these?
frown.gif
copped on site....these aren't sitting at all
laugh.gif

nyc had been griffey crazy
yesss, these are gonna fly off shelves in nyc! im coppin the same day they drop

Wow. This is what every retro should strive to be like.

I'm just wondering why these fly off the shelves. Is it the perfect upper and model recreation? Is it the materials? Could they butcher this shoe and it still be sold out? It seems like they do TOO GOOD of a job on some shoes that would sell regardless. This much effort isn't needed, ALTHOUGH APPRECIATED. They could cut some corners here or there and they still be sought after.. Is Ken Griffey Jr. himself behind these models being retroed. I'm just trying to figure out the madness behind Nike's ways

Wow. This is what every retro should strive to be like.

I'm just wondering why these fly off the shelves. Is it the perfect upper and model recreation? Is it the materials? Could they butcher this shoe and it still be sold out? It seems like they do TOO GOOD of a job on some shoes that would sell regardless. This much effort isn't needed, ALTHOUGH APPRECIATED. They could cut some corners here or there and they still be sought after.. Is Ken Griffey Jr. himself behind these models being retroed. I'm just trying to figure out the madness behind Nike's ways

Shocked this topic doesn't have more pages

I slept on the Freshwater I's initially only to see them sell out the first day, not going to with these.

Shocked this topic doesn't have more pages

I slept on the Freshwater I's initially only to see them sell out the first day, not going to with these.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

I'm just trying to figure out the madness behind Nike's ways
Talking to guys on campus, it's all about cost at the end of the day.  Nike could care less.  They know the product will sell, even if its RTV and its a direct sale from one of their own outlets.  Game on lock.

If its cheaper and easier for them to go a "non-enthusiast" route from o.g.-like materials, they do everytime.

Sometime, it benefit us.  Like these.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

I'm just trying to figure out the madness behind Nike's ways
Talking to guys on campus, it's all about cost at the end of the day.  Nike could care less.  They know the product will sell, even if its RTV and its a direct sale from one of their own outlets.  Game on lock.

If its cheaper and easier for them to go a "non-enthusiast" route from o.g.-like materials, they do everytime.

Sometime, it benefit us.  Like these.

1st day these drop im on it. thank you nike for finally getting a retro correct. Taking me back to elementary school 

1st day these drop im on it. thank you nike for finally getting a retro correct. Taking me back to elementary school 

They are beautiful in those pics up there, I cant wait for the 23rd. Guess the orange ones will hold me over until then
laugh.gif

They are beautiful in those pics up there, I cant wait for the 23rd. Guess the orange ones will hold me over until then
laugh.gif

I hate to be "that guy" in the thread complaining about a "minor detail" on an otherwise great retro but...

The color on these is just very off from the OG's, which was much more green (hence "Emerald").  It hurts that I may be passing on these because of that but it's hard for me to overlook as the color is a big part of what made the OG's so special in my eyes...

I hate to be "that guy" in the thread complaining about a "minor detail" on an otherwise great retro but...

The color on these is just very off from the OG's, which was much more green (hence "Emerald").  It hurts that I may be passing on these because of that but it's hard for me to overlook as the color is a big part of what made the OG's so special in my eyes...

Originally Posted by red mpls

The Freshwaster > Emerald Green.

This is coming from a Jet City resident. 

One of the few times i'll make this kind of remark, but it's a vast improvement (color wise) over an OG.

Now, if the piping actually has cuts of 3M... that would really top it off. Convertible. 

(But any kind of piping is good to me, you feel me?)

Back
Top Bottom