Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
I'm out of the sneaker game. Got some left that I'm getting rid of on here, but this was the nail in the coffin. Nike can set up this whole mess by knowing full well they limited this shoe for no reason and then blame its own customers for canceling the release. It's disgusting business and most of you dudes are foaming at the mouth to pay 300, 400, 500 for them. Just time to move on and stop being part of such a disgusting business model. Take care y'all!

View media item 135944.....look at what this release has done?....a person who dragged his girl along to get 50+ raffle tickets and was so confident he would hit.....now look at you...Im sorry but this is just too funny....

what annoyed me was the shoes i passed on to try and get these... bred 11 lows, hares... and i come up with nothing.. smh screw shoes they ruin my life for real lol
Same here. Last Jordans I bought going through this stupid process was the Infrared 6's and before that the True Blue III's....so I really don't venture out into these rough waters unless something is really special to me. And the Chicago 1's are special (marked the calendar and budgeted them at the start of the year) and the finally did a retro right. But its just too much hassle and a headache so I'll be missing out on them.  And unless the Indiglo XIV's get retroed any time soon, thats it for me with Jordans.  So now the money I planned for these 1's will go to the Kobe Flight Huarache's instead.

I'm contemplating whether or not I should hit up Shiekh to see if they have any unclaimed pairs..

Just an FYI....was at Flight23 (34th) this morning and there were quite a few numbers called with no responses if it continues through the odd few hundred folks -- there might be a few for unclaimed.  Thought I'd share....
how long to people have to claim their pairs

I know this is a popular shoe and a lot of people that didn't get a pair want one, but please everyone follow the rules. NO BUYING, SELLING OR TRADING OUTSIDE THE BUY/SELL FOURM.
Just put what you want to buy/sell/trade in you sigs. Others members will see it and PM you. Very easy to do And no rules are broken.

Last edited:
I'm out of the sneaker game. Got some left that I'm getting rid of on here, but this was the nail in the coffin. Nike can set up this whole mess by knowing full well they limited this shoe for no reason and then blame its own customers for canceling the release. It's disgusting business and most of you dudes are foaming at the mouth to pay 300, 400, 500 for them. Just time to move on and stop being part of such a disgusting business model. Take care y'all!

I did the same a year ago but releases like this draw me back, I am an old head and wanted these because of the NA. Had the OGs and the 94's

Came mighty close to getting an unclaimed pair at DTLR RVA. Cutoff was 12 and they weren't playing. Was 2nd in line and then one dude walked in last minute! I'm not sure if dude in front of me got the last unclaimed pair or not.

View media item 135944.....look at what this release has done?....a person who dragged his girl along to get 50+ raffle tickets and was so confident he would hit.....now look at you...Im sorry but this is just too funny....
Link to where I said I was confident? And the 3 hours I spent with my gf getting tickets isn't the issue. I never expected to win the raffles. But what happened yesterday was bad business. Nike can do you every which way and a lot of you dudes will take it the rest of your lives. That's a bit strange to let a company jerk you around left and right and take it over and over again. Not only take it but drive you to pay absurd amounts for something they artificially drove the price up on.

I'm not crying, I'm just finally coming to my senses that Nike will never change, probably will just get worse. They offer no solutions other than cancelling releases and blaming their customers rather than taking responsibility themselves. What part of their business model do you actually believe in that makes you proud to sport their stuff?

Last edited:

Well said. Everything about this hobby is vile, yet people still come back for more.

Do you see what you turds did. I hope you're happy. I'm with you fam. I'm out too. Which I assume is code for see you guys back in here for the holiday releases?

.....look at what this release has done?....a person who dragged his girl along to get 50+ raffle tickets and was so confident he would hit.....now look at you...Im sorry but this is just too funny....
People will always find something to complain about:

- Nike didn't make as many pairs, so I can't buy them

- Nike makes too many pairs, but the craftsmanship is terrible.

- Nike is using horrible quality materials, but I still spend $300 on them

- Nike's online system sucks, so I'm going to have to buy a ATV/Bots/Resell

- Nike's system sucks, they can't even develop something to beat the bots

- Nike sucks for canceling the release because they can't beat the bots

It just keeps going and going and going...

Back
Top Bottom