Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Welp finally got a refund from shoe gawds. Horrible service. Anyways, so outta 5 pre orders, 2 shipped, 2 canceled and one still in limbo. Not confident at this point so 2 for 5 lol...

and some dude talking about KO's being for broke boys, but the same guy says he needs to start saving for UNC's and Aqua's.

indifferent.gif
yea, his post were lame. Out here fakin the funk! SMH

I knew what to expect from this release...been on this ride since royals dropped. I knew it was going to get ugly and I pulled all stops, raffles, preorders x4, campout,favors, you name it. Even after all that I didn't know what the outcome was going to be and I consider myself lucky with the outcome I had.

If you been part of this NA releases you know how the cookie crumbles and nobody going to lie to you.

-Gil

QFT

I knew from the jump that this was going to be the most hyped release of the year. A lot of people were expecting it to be as difficult as the previous releases this year and was blindsided.

For example, I was as my fcfs spot at 9pm. The only people that showed up after were people who knew that they were scarce. The casual shoppers or hypebeasts didn't come until around six AM.

Douchery clouds the mind lol

It always boogles me, how the hell these rats manage to get sooo many pairs. Matter of fact dude has more stock than Nike London had lol

Every pair = someone who got screwed out of a retail purchase. Just makes my blood boil.
Not sure either. When I see these pictures on Twitter and IG of stacks of limited shoes sitting in someones house, Ive noticed a lot of them dont have the FTL , Champs, SP, FA box tags.

Sometimes I think they are reselling UA versions of the shoe.

About to buy a pair, would appreciate if anyone can provide a legit check. I'm terrible at comparing to the legit check pics :lol:

It would be greatly greatly appreciated. Last thing I wanna do is spend a ton on fakes

Welp finally got a refund from shoe gawds. Horrible service. Anyways, so outta 5 pre orders, 2 shipped, 2 canceled and one still in limbo. Not confident at this point so 2 for 5 lol...

sorry to hear. Happened to me as well but he was actually responsive. He said he'll do what he can if/when they do release these in 3 months, for those that got the cancel.

and some dude talking about KO's being for broke boys, but the same guy says he needs to start saving for UNC's and Aqua's.

:stoneface:

:lol:

:lol:

I've said it earlier in the thread.

The majority of "sneakerheads" say they have the money to burn and toss it away on hyped releases, but in truth, they really don't have money to burn like that to toss away on some sneakers. Absurd prices will always be absurd. No matter what.

-Drew

Last edited:
Not sure either. When I see these pictures on Twitter and IG of stacks of limited shoes sitting in someones house, Ive noticed a lot of them dont have the FTL , Champs, SP, FA box tags.
Sometimes I think they are reselling UA versions of the shoe.

Nah these guys waiting on front door of the shop and looking for peeps who are willing to make a quick buck.
He is still making his cut when he buys the shoes for 250-300$

Marocs here in germany organizing troops consisting of cousins and friends to line up and buying off all the soccer tickets. They easily achieve hundreds of tickets whereas a normal person just get 2.

Either way these guys dont always get things at retail, they just invest some effort and money to do some business.

sorry to hear. Happened to me as well but he was actually responsive. He said he'll do what he can if/when they do release these in 3 months, for those that got the cancel.
Naw I'm good. He never responded and just wasn't a good experience. He won't b gettin any more of my business...

My preorder from Friday afternoon already arrived to me at work, Satisfied indeed
Who did you pre order with?

I'm starting to keep a list (mental for now) of shady pre order dudes that canceled orders placed early at a lower price and/or canceled and held on to the funds. Shoe Gawds being a prime example. Would anyone else care to add to this? I think someone mentioned Detroit Kicks. It would help me to remember never to order from them.

EDIT: Or to keep it positive, perhaps a list of legit pre order sites that not only came through but honored their prices. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm starting to keep a list (mental for now) of shady pre order dudes that canceled orders placed early at a lower price and/or canceled and held on to the funds. Shoe Gawds being a prime example. Would anyone else care to add to this? I think someone mentioned Detroit Kicks. It would help me to remember never to order from them.

EDIT: Or to keep it positive, perhaps a list of legit pre order sites that not only came through but honored their prices. Thanks!
@bpfillherup on Twitter was a canceler...add him to the list

from what i seen on this thread, shoegawds just coulnd't come thru for most.  they've honored the lower price pre order to a member here.  not defending them, just stating facts of the thread.

Back
Top Bottom