Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
This is a little more extreme than those cases to me because at least they are trying to protect visible parts of the shoe. But they are your kicks, so do as you please.
It may be a corny taping the logo, but it's just something that I became accustomed to[emoji]128077[/emoji]

@casper90403
I've seen that also on IG, but a few of my bros pairs are like mine and they got them from EB, FTL, and SP.

I even had them legit checked on here and everyone that checked them out said they are legit.

Last edited:
these chi 2015 are how the 2013s shoulda been "remastered".

anywayz any t's or outfits in mind? im thinking color blocking cuz a red t with these look too red overall.

the shoe stands out by itself

Finally got my pair, will try for another IF NDC releases them (i dont expect them to). Finally have the holy trinity (royals, black/red, chicagos).

All you talking about taping over the logo on the insole... has anyone just successfully taken out this insole and swapped it for another? I was going to try it but it seems to be much more glued down than other shoes in the past, and I really don't want to tear it. Just wondering if anyone has done it cleanly...

Why don't you buffoons just take the insoles out if your so worried about that sort of thing?? Simply replacing it with another insole will be virtually the same as most are just foam. Also you can replace them with higher quality insoles such as spenco insoles which offer arch support and are comfier for your feet. Some also say that they even out the pressure from your weight and minimize midsole cracking. Ding ding ding

Posted this in the Bordeaux 7 thread

I work at a shoe store and in order to have "good numbers" we're supposed to stay on top of selling accessories and apparel along with footwear so insoles are one of the most important accessories we push. In order to show customers the value behind insoles we often put them in the shoe the customer is interested in buying and have them try them on to test the insoles out and actually feel the benefits. In this practice I have pulled insoles out of all sorts of shoes including air jordan 1s.

If it feels like the insole is glued down firmly in your AJ1, it most likely is. I noticed 1s have a coating of glue under their insoles that sticks to the entire foot bed while most other shoes have "lines" of glue or are only stuck along certain grooves. You notice this as you pull the insole out. Some of the glue begins to give and slowly you can use your fingers to wiggle underneath the insole to separate it from the footbed. Do it slowly and carefully and compensate on other sides when you run into areas that just don't budge and eventually it will pull free.

At this point your shoes have much more room without the insoles in (those of you who have issues where the shoe is too small can now wear the shoe comfortably with elite socks). If the shoes will be too big without insoles or maybe you just like the comfort of insoles like most do, you can now throw in insoles from other retros or nikes but I advise against this move because most jordan and nike insoles are garbage. Simply foam costing pennies to produce, no actual support or health benefits for your feet. My advice: Throw in some spencos or dr scholls and you're in business. Now you have successfully removed the nike air insole completely protecting the nike air logo (for all you filthy resellers) and you have also given yourself the opportunity for comfort and an all around better fit in your kicks. Go on about your day flexing in comfort and revel in the relief of healthier feet.

Yea can't believe that tape method is an actual plausible thought when it does exactly what it's supposed to prevent :lol:

I work at a shoe store and in order to have "good numbers" we're supposed to stay on top of selling accessories and apparel along with footwear so insoles are one of the most important accessories we push. In order to show customers the value behind insoles we often put them in the shoe the customer is interested in buying and have them try them on to test the insoles out and actually feel the benefits. In this practice I have pulled insoles out of all sorts of shoes including air jordan 1s.

If it feels like the insole is glued down firmly in your AJ1, it most likely is. I noticed 1s have a coating of glue under their insoles that sticks to the entire foot bed while most other shoes have "lines" of glue or are only stuck along certain grooves. You notice this as you pull the insole out. Some of the glue begins to give and slowly you can use your fingers to wiggle underneath the insole to separate it from the footbed. Do it slowly and carefully and compensate on other sides when you run into areas that just don't budge and eventually it will pull free.

At this point your shoes have much more room without the insoles in (those of you who have issues where the shoe is too small can now wear the shoe comfortably with elite socks). If the shoes will be too big without insoles or maybe you just like the comfort of insoles like most do, you can now throw in insoles from other retros or nikes but I advise against this move because most jordan and nike insoles are garbage. Simply foam costing pennies to produce, no actual support or health benefits for your feet. My advice: Throw in some spencos or dr scholls and you're in business. Now you have successfully removed the nike air insole completely protecting the nike air logo (for all you filthy resellers) and you have also given yourself the opportunity for comfort and an all around better fit in your kicks. Go on about your day flexing in comfort and revel in the relief of healthier feet.
Great advice
pimp.gif

I have never changed insoles on any Jordans, How much difference does it make?

Also where is the best place to get them online?

Just got word I won a raffle for Champ 7 Cigars. Think I'll be able to trade them for Chi 1s, or be close enough on resell to cop? I basically only entered the raffle to use them as possible trade bait...

Back
Top Bottom